2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Steve McQueen Special

Search this Thread

Old 7/11/05, 01:11 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Late saturday night, aired a one hour tv special on the life of Steve McQueen. It was very interesting as it explained the life and passion of this great man. It talked about his fascination with automobiles, and his love for his children. It went from his movie career, to his racing motorcycles and automobiles, to the family man he once was. He died in the 80's and we lost a great man. :worship: :worship: :worship: I hope they air this again, I'm not sure which channel it was on but it was very educational. Im sure this isn't a repost as it was just on last night, and still no threads about it. I'm sorry if it is, however, I felt that it should be brought up regardless. I feel he is important in American history, at least mustang history. How much more American can a guy get? This thread can be used to talk about this great man and his achievements. I will defenately think of him and the amazing history of the mustang as I pick up mine in a couple of months and forever...
Old 7/11/05, 10:09 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by JimmyT@July 11, 2005, 1:14 AM
Late saturday night, aired a one hour tv special on the life of Steve McQueen. It was very interesting as it explained the life and passion of this great man. It talked about his fascination with automobiles, and his love for his children. It went from his movie career, to his racing motorcycles and automobiles, to the family man he once was. He died in the 80's and we lost a great man. :worship: :worship: :worship: I hope they air this again, I'm not sure which channel it was on but it was very educational. Im sure this isn't a repost as it was just on last night, and still no threads about it. I'm sorry if it is, however, I felt that it should be brought up regardless. I feel he is important in American history, at least mustang history. How much more American can a guy get? This thread can be used to talk about this great man and his achievements. I will defenately think of him and the amazing history of the mustang as I pick up mine in a couple of months and forever...
I think AMC was showing this (??)
GREAT special. Saw most of it a few weeks ago - would love to see it again.
Old 7/11/05, 10:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

He was also buddies with Bruce Lee and was a pallbearer at his funeral. Along with James Coburn, Steve was one of Bruce's Hollywood students. Fast Mustangs, Kung Fu taught by Bruce Lee =
Old 7/11/05, 10:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

I recently ordered the DVD "Bullitt" and it had a very nice documentary about his life. It might be the same one you mentioned, and that chase scene against the Dodge Charger (history repeats itself!), is well worth the price of the DVD!
Old 7/11/05, 12:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

My friend got me the Bullitt DVD two weeks ago, he said he got it went I ordered the Mustang in February and was going to give it to me went we got the Mustang but got tired of waiting so he gave it to me now. HE GOT TIRED OF WAITING!!! :bang:
Old 7/11/05, 12:44 PM
GTR Member

I saw the move a few days ago for the first time in my life on tv. It was ok, but the best part was that wicked chase seen. That was just cool. They slel the DVD at wally world for 18 bux
Old 7/11/05, 07:28 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by FireDragon@July 11, 2005, 10:22 AM
He was also buddies with Bruce Lee and was a pallbearer at his funeral. Along with James Coburn, Steve was one of Bruce's Hollywood students. Fast Mustangs, Kung Fu taught by Bruce Lee =

Yeah that always floored me - McQueen wanted what Bruce had physically in terms of fighting ability and Bruce always wanted what McQueen had in terms of recognition and star power.

Bruce taught more folks than people generally know....