2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Staring People

Search this Thread

Old 11/30/04, 03:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since some people have got the new stang how many people have noticed alot of staring while driving i dont have one but i notice people when a new one passed me that everyone nearly stopped to see what it was. I saw another time when a New Mustang drove by and a guy rear ended the other guy pretty bad. I know the mustang is great but if you want to stare at one go to the dealership and look or buy one.
Old 11/30/04, 03:56 PM
GT Member

Yea atleast 5 people a day stop and stare or will come up to me to ask about it . . . and a lot of people will point and have a confused look on thier face like they just saw a UFO or something . . . The other day me and my cousin went to look at caddys (shes in the market for a CTR? I think thats wat they are called?) and the whole time we were there the sales men kept staring at my car and asking about it and one even asked if he cud sit in it!
Old 11/30/04, 04:04 PM
Bullitt Member

I have had a gorup of people at my car two days in a row after school now, wanting rides and burn outs and other things ...

and ive had people at stop signs motion for me to burn out for them. its thrilling
Old 11/30/04, 04:20 PM
Banned

Originally posted by DJ07@November 30, 2004, 7:07 PM
I have had a gorup of people at my car two days in a row after school now, wanting rides and burn outs and other things ...

and ive had people at stop signs motion for me to burn out for them. its thrilling
Sounds like a good way to get some cops after you. And waste your tires. I hope you aren't doing burnouts all the time. Reckless driving at your age would be ridiculous on your insurance.

Not trying to put you down, just letting you know. Be safe.
Old 11/30/04, 04:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

What I have encountered, is people stare as you drive down the road, people have stopped and taken pictures of it, you will draw a crowd at the gas station and if you go into a store, there will for sure be people around it when you come back out, some people I pass on the highway speed back up and stay beside me giving me the thumbs up.....It's never ending.

Mike
Old 11/30/04, 04:24 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Roadster2005@November 30, 2004, 6:50 PM
I know the mustang is great but if you want to stare at one go to the dealership and look or buy one.
You have to be kidding. Its a NICE car and people want to look at it. I mean ... seriously ... I can't add anything else because it would be too harsh a response.

And yes, it gets looks wherever you go. Especially if you are going by an old-body stang.
Old 11/30/04, 04:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes to all of the above, I can't go anywhere without being noticed in it. People really love this car. It probably doesn't hurt it's only the second GT delivered in the state of Conneticut, to my knowledge.
Old 11/30/04, 04:28 PM
MIL

I picked up my car yesterday... today I went to 7-11 and when I got out I had 3 cops and 2 other man looking at my car so I hit the Panic button to mess with them.... but I did spend some time with them... {that's why I was late to work}
Old 11/30/04, 04:29 PM
Banned

1) was Greg Raymer, from a dealership in New London
2) yours?
Old 11/30/04, 04:35 PM
Queen Of Nascar

Thing is, this is happening everywhere. What a hit for Ford!! Same thing in SC. I finally stopped paying them any attention. I have jumped out of my skin a few times when someone honks the horn at a red light to give me the thumbs up. Speeding up to get in front of you and then slowing down to look again.....little children in back seats with their nose pressed against the window looking.....teenagers making pictures with their cell phones....one guy said he followed me for 10 miles, said he knew I would stop eventually....I've seen it all! I'm glad people like it but I am still leary of leaving it unattended in a parking lot for long. Then again its just a car........
Old 11/30/04, 04:38 PM
V6 Member

If i'm at a stoplight , and I am the front car. People that drive by will honk and give the thumbs up. On the highway they will pull up next to you and drive the same speed and honk. I have not had anyone around it when I came back from inside a store yet, but I have only had it for three days. It is amazing how much attention this car gets. You would think it is a Lamborgini or something.
Old 11/30/04, 04:42 PM
Cobra R Member

I am driving the first GT in Longview, WA.....and I am getting tons of looks (even though I've only had it since yesterday). Production month according to the door jamb tag is: November '04.
Old 11/30/04, 05:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

As I use my Stang for business it is constantly in the spot light of people who know about cars. Body men, car salesmen, etc. I pull into a business & its like the roach coach has pulled up. I'm thinking of selling hot dogs. Today I had 8 Nissan sales people drooling over the Stang.

Also today on the highway a kid followed me taking pics of my car while driving. Didn't like it so I said good bye.

Funniest, I'm driving past a Mickey D's & a guy is pulling out from the drive up drinking his coffee, sees my car & spills his coffee.
Old 11/30/04, 06:06 PM

It's amazing how many people will go out of their way to take a look at this car. When my wife drives it, she seems to get even more attention and she says the novelty has worn off. She says she's tired of people asking her what the HP is and asking to see the engine or interior. I've had people ask me what year it was, as in, late 60's. I can't recall how many different size THUMBS I've seen. I went and had tint put on it today-18%. It looks really great. I will post picks once I have daylight to take pics. Great job Ford!
Old 11/30/04, 07:03 PM
GT Member

I've been getting lots of and and and but no birds, yet. B)
Old 11/30/04, 08:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

I've received many looks and one approach. This poor ladies husband paid 30+k for an 04 Mach 1 because the 05's would have V6's.
He wouldn't even come look at it. She asked to open the door and for a sec I thought she was going to sit down. Thankfully, my wife came out of the store and rescued me.

Jason
Old 11/30/04, 08:45 PM
GT Member

Rubbernecks, looks, thumbs up, stares, smiles, etc. The most notable was a dude in a truck that kept taking pictures with his cell phone camera. We were going about 65 down the interstate and he seemed to get shots from all angles! B)
Old 11/30/04, 08:49 PM
FR500 Member

i hope u expected to be stared at.....i dont know if im gonna get stares when i get mine in april since im ordering in feb
Old 12/1/04, 06:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I have tons of looks, and a lucky valet driver.

But the two funniest gawkers were:

At the Steelers game parking lot, some guy came up to me and lightly knocked on my window. I opened it and he asked; "Do those seats have lumbar supports?" That was his only question, then walked away.

The other was when I passed by a local dealer. I asked that dealer for a test drive, but they could not find the keys to let me. They have also been known for lots of complaints. So I got mine elsewhere. But the other day I passed by and the saleslady I previsouly talked to was outside with the manager. She saw me and pointed and her jaw dropped. She pointed and stared the whole time while I drove past. It was hilarious.
Old 12/1/04, 08:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Its a good thing, Im a very alert driver.

3 or 4 times a week since Oct 19th I nearly get ran off the road by someone who is too busy staring at my car to relize they are drifting into my lane.

Quick Reply: Staring People