2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

The 'Stang's here!

Search this Thread

Old 1/28/05, 05:34 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
She came in last Friday and I wanted to break her in a bit before I posted (not that I had much of a choice with the forums being down ). Let me say that I am still in disbelief that I own this car. What a powerhouse it is! Everything about it has just been stellar and clean. I've almost got 500 miles on the car now and it just gets better and better everyday, and everytime I drive it. I heard all the talk about getting "looks" from people, but it's crazy how many people wrench their necks around to see it.

The Shaker1000, the IUP, the My Color gauges, the handling, the overall feel of the interior (ie steering wheel, sound system, seating, headroom- being that I'm 6'2") is incredible! I can't think of any of other words to describe it. I know by now everyone that owns an '05 has graced this board has said all this stuff a hundred times over, but I think it bears repeating B) . I think the main thing that stood out to me (and made me a believer) was the amount of power and pounds-to-the-ground torque this bad-boy produces. I know alot of people are modding the heck out of their new Mustangs, and that's great, but the stock power itself is a pretty awesome thing to behold.

I know, I need to post pics and I will, but I've been super busy as of late. My '05 if you don't know by now is a mineral gray GT, all the fixin's except for the wheels which are the Bullit style, standard rims. I thought I'd be getting new ones later anyway (I really drooled over celticstanger's rims - sorry about the wreck man! :shock: ), so why upgrade? I also ordered a shortened, Billet-style antenna from UPR Products. Have a look here if you'd like: http://www.uprproducts.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=462

Anyway, sorry for sharing my life story, but to anyone considering this car, YES you do want it. Go get one now! What are you waiting for? Like I said, I'll have pics up soon.
Old 1/28/05, 05:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Congrats, I know when and if I get one you won't hear from me for a week at least. I will be to busy driving.
Old 1/28/05, 05:55 PM
FR500 Member

Congrats on your new pony! You're right, I happen to be modding mine as a hobby, but the car comes with very impressive hp stock. Have fun with her and remember
Old 1/28/05, 07:21 PM
Cobra Member

Congrats on the new ride!!!!
Old 1/29/05, 12:22 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Mustang69-05@January 28, 2005, 8:24 PM
Congrats on the new ride!!!!
Thanks guys. I noticed that you ordered 5 days after I did Mustang69-05. Any new word on your cars production? I also noticed you had big red questions marks which means that you haven't been given any info on it yet. What gives? Just curious because I know how it feels to want to get in this car and you aren't getting any new info. Thanks ahead of time, and again just wondering what the holdup is.
Old 1/29/05, 06:01 AM
Mach 1 Member