2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Standing in Line - Can I Change?

Search this Thread

Old 1/26/05, 06:01 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First off, I ordered a GT the week prior to the freez with IUP. My salesman procrastinated and the order wasn't put int until after the freeze. So I got delayed.

Now, my car does not have a build date yet due to the freeze, and I have been viewing pictures without the spoiler. So I decide I really really like the look without the spoiler. It looks a lot closer to my 68 fastback without it. So I call him up and tell him I want to add the spoiler delete since it hasn't been given a build date yet. His response is that doing so will put me back to the end of the line.

Can someone tell me if this WOULD in fact put me back 2 months as he says, or is he just not as smart as he thinks he is?
Old 1/26/05, 06:04 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by fleasome@January 26, 2005, 9:04 PM
First off, I ordered a GT the week prior to the freez with IUP. My salesman procrastinated and the order wasn't put int until after the freeze. So I got delayed.

Now, my car does not have a build date yet due to the freeze, and I have been viewing pictures without the spoiler. So I decide I really really like the look without the spoiler. It looks a lot closer to my 68 fastback without it. So I call him up and tell him I want to add the spoiler delete since it hasn't been given a build date yet. His response is that doing so will put me back to the end of the line.

Can someone tell me if this WOULD in fact put me back 2 months as he says, or is he just not as smart as he thinks he is?
No, it would not delay your order.
Old 1/26/05, 06:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

My dealer told me that since I ordered before the new pricing came out, if I made ANY changes (even spoiler delete) I would have to pay the higher price for the car. I believe it was about $75.00. He didn't say anything about losing my place in line.
Old 1/27/05, 07:02 AM
Team Mustang Source

The change can be made anytime prior to a vehicle being scheduled with no effect on your place in line. As outdoorstom stated, if you ordered prior to the current price level, your order will go up in price but other than that, change away.
Old 2/1/05, 09:47 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Woot!

Thanks for the info. Finally got ahold of my salesmen today. I told him that I believed his information was wrong and requested he double check. Sure enough, he called back later and said that I COULD get the spoiler delete as no build date had been given yet and it WOULD NOT drop me back in que. He also said I was next in line from his dealership. So hopefully I'll have a build date in the next week.