2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Springs and Shocks from eBay

Search this Thread

Old 2/27/08, 05:27 PM
nm3
Legacy TMS Member

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Springs and Shocks from eBay

Has anyone had any experience with purchasing springs and shocks from eBay? I found a vendor or two where you can save some serious money. But, is there any underlying issues that wind up costing you money? You know a bargain is not always a bargain. The two items I'm looking at are below. The vendors both have feedback of 100% or 99%.

Thanks for any insight.........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...217575822&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...209831489&rd=1
Old 2/27/08, 05:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tokico makes all types of shocks. The shocks you probably think you would be buying are the "D-Spec" adjustable ones that are great for S197s. What you would be buying is a Tokico Hp, which is like the stock shocks you have. Look at the bottom of their sale and see they are asking much more for the D-Specs in that store.

The Eibach springs look fine. I got a used set two years ago for $180 shipped and they have been fine. Those are posted as NEW, so you should have no issue.
Old 2/27/08, 05:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

The seller of the springs is a stand up guy, its the guy from UPR. The thing about the springs is that they are Eibach, but powder-coated silver for UPR, and come in plain boxes.
Old 2/27/08, 05:55 PM
nm3
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by shaun_beauchamp
Tokico makes all types of shocks. The shocks you probably think you would be buying are the "D-Spec" adjustable ones that are great for S197s. What you would be buying is a Tokico Hp, which is like the stock shocks you have. Look at the bottom of their sale and see they are asking much more for the D-Specs in that store.

The Eibach springs look fine. I got a used set two years ago for $180 shipped and they have been fine. Those are posted as NEW, so you should have no issue.
I'm not looking for the D-Specs, I don't think I really want to get involved with the adjustability. I just want a good shock for a slightly lowered 08 GT and was told this combination of Tokico HP shocks with the Eibach Pro Kit Springs was a good combination.
Old 2/27/08, 06:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
I like it pretty firm and handles the curves very nicely. With out changing the swaybars might I add.
Old 2/27/08, 06:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have an 06 Vert with Eibach Pro-Kit and stock shocks. That's the wife's DD in the summer and she hasn't complained about the ride at all. It is a tad bouncier than stock, but I'm not so sure you want aftermarket shocks and springs that aren't adjustable if you are buying from two separate vendors. See if the vendor selling the springs has shocks that are "matched". I'm sure they would be fine, but why not make sure you're buying a "package" that is tuned for what you want.
Old 2/27/08, 06:34 PM
nm3
Legacy TMS Member

This is an email I sent to a vendor.

Hi,
I've been looking around your website and would like to get some more info about shocks/struts and springs that you sell.
I have a 2008 Mustang GT/CS Coupe and am thinking about lowering it a little bit. It wouldn't be used at the track at all, strictly on street and not at any excessive hi rate of speed. Basically a daily driver on good weather days with a little added tempo on occasion. "Spirited" on and off ramps and turns I'm sure would occur on occasion.
I would prefer to lose as little of the stock ride quality as possible with some increased handling, but would like the "stance" or "appearance" to be a little lower. Could you make a Spring/Strut and shock recommendation based on what you see above?
Thanks for any help you can provide.

And this was the reply....

Nick,

I have a good combination for you.

For the springs I'd suggest the Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, here is a link (deleted)

On the shocks/struts, I'd recommend the Tokico HP shocks & struts, here is a link (deleted)

The reason I suggest the Eibach Pro-kit is because they are a nice soft spring rating, good for daily driving, which is what you want, but they do lower about 1.3 inches, which is a nice noticeable drop.

The reason I suggest the Tokico HP's is because they have a nice moderate dampening, which is not too stiff for daily driving, and will perfectly dampen the Eibach spring rating.

This combo will give you exactly what you're looking for!

Sincerely,

I'm pretty sure I would trust the vendor that I emailed and quite honestly I have no reason to doubt his recommendation, and probably would have bought this shock/spring setup from him. The only reason I'm thinking of not getting the shocks/springs from him is because of the price I found on eBay. I'd like to support the vendors who advertise and help out on the various Mustang Forum websites, but when I can save a significant amount of money I have to look out for my wallet. Which is the reason for the post.

I appreciate all the input I can get here as this is the first car that I have owned that I will be lowering.

Keep the comments coming.......

Thanks.

Nick