2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Spoiler Delete?

Search this Thread

Old 7/19/05, 08:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Can someone who ordered SPOILER DELETE please tell me if the Window Sticker indicated it?

There is a dealer I am working with who has a 2005 GT Convertible that someone backed out on. They claim it came in WITHOUT the spoiler and the dealer ADDED a spoiler. So now they are trying to talk me into taking it instead of waiting on my 2006 order, but I have to pay $500 since they added the spoiler. :angry:

I think the dealer is looking to jack up the sale price by claiming it has a Dealer Installed Spoiler.

Is there any other way to confirm that this is NOT a factory installed spoiler?

I hate to pay for an item that will come standard on my order, but I REALLY hate being scammed by a dealer.

Thanks!

EZ
Old 7/19/05, 08:58 AM
Legacy TMS Member Retired

I'm virtually certain that my window sticker showed "spoiler delete", but it is at home and I am at work and cannot verify that until tonight.

In any event, the dealer should not be jerking you around over a spoiler that HE (allegedly) decided to install. What if the next customer didn't want a spoiler?

He should eat it and sell the car.
Old 7/19/05, 09:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

I agree with Mike, why would he put it on. If I were the dealer, I would keep it w/out the spoiler, and if a customer wanted it, install/charge for it.

I'm about 90% sure my car came with it noted on the window sticker. If this dealer is trying to charge you for something that comes on the car, they do not sound very trustworthy to me. They should just eat the $500, but this sounds like a greedy dealer to me!
Old 7/19/05, 09:11 AM

Don't have my sticker in front of me but I do remember since I was just looking at it last night that it does say Spoiler Delete in the options section of the sticker.
Old 7/19/05, 09:14 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, I believe the spoiler delete shows up as an option just like anything else. It's just a no-cost option. So it should be reflected on the sticker. But I could be wrong. It's happened once or twice in my life.
Old 7/19/05, 09:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Not me.. mine said "Spoiler Delete"
Old 7/19/05, 09:41 AM

Thanks for the input. Can anyone fax/email me a copy of the window sticker showing the spoiler delete.

I want to arm myself before I open up a can on the dealership.

I have been in sales with Toyota and Honda for 10 years. This is just the kind of crap the car business breeds. They are already making a profit. To come up with this crap about WE ADDED THE SPOILER -- if it came from the factory will REALLY GET ME GOING if it turns out to be a lie.

It is possible this 2005 GT Convertible was ordered without a spoiler.
It is possible that when it arrived the buyer backed out.
It is possible that (BEFORE THEY CALLED ME) they decided to ADD a spoiler to complete the sporty look before they put it on the lot.
It is also possible that they said tell the idiot WE ADDED it and see if you can bump him! He will be so excited about getting an 05 instead of waiting for his 06 he will jump all over it! (Of course they were right about this part!)

Fax 770-287-3735

Thanks!

EZ
Old 7/19/05, 09:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Ron,

Don't play their game. Play hardball. Don't even entertain the idea that they added the spoiler. Just say, it's not your problem that they added the spoiler for more money. Just tell them either they take off the $500 for the spoiler, or no deal. I'm sure they'll eat the cost if that's the truth, and if it's not, they'll let you have it. I'm pretty sure they're pulling one over on you. And even if they weren't, I sure as heck wouldn't pay extra for something that the car was suppose to come with anyway.
Old 7/19/05, 09:43 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
It could be an imaginary dealer add on. It should be on the sticker since the spoiler delete option requires a code. If it is a factory spoiler it should be under the optional equipment list.
Old 7/19/05, 09:51 AM

When I asked them to remove it. They said there would be holes to repair. Of course I would have to pay for that and it would cost as much as the spoiler. I don't want any body work on it right out of the gate.

Listen, I ordered my 2006 SPOILER DELETE. Seriously, I think it looks good with it too. I am already spending a fortune and logical or not I WOULD pay them the $500 to get my GT 2 Months early!

However, if it is an IMAGINARY DEALER ADD.... this changes the game for me.

EZ
Old 7/19/05, 09:54 AM

Who cares if its on the sticker or not or who put the spoiler on.

I wouldn't pay $500 for a spoiler.
Old 7/19/05, 09:54 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm with you... I like the way it looks without... don't let them railroad you.
Old 7/19/05, 09:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by EZDUZIT@July 19, 2005, 8:54 AM
When I asked them to remove it. They said there would be holes to repair. Of course I would have to pay for that and it would cost as much as the spoiler. I don't want any body work on it right out of the gate.

Listen, I ordered my 2006 SPOILER DELETE. Seriously, I think it looks good with it too. I am already spending a fortune and logical or not I WOULD pay them the $500 to get my GT 2 Months early!

EZ
It doesn't matter what you'd be willing to pay. You should just act like you're not desperate and see if they'll waive the cost.
Old 7/19/05, 10:17 AM
Cobra Member

Just stick with the car you ordered. Don't let them talk you into something else. They'll sell it without a problem.
Old 7/19/05, 10:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

These spoilers go for like $100 and change on ebay. Tell them to please remove the spoiler, and that you'll find your own guy to fix the holes - then buy a pre-painted spoiler from like, anywhere, and get your GT 2 months quicker for under $200 instead of for $500.

Or wait. The '06 is a different car, more, arguably better features. Exercising patience for something like this is tough, but it is a virtue, after all.

What I would do, honestly, is show the guy a window sticker with "spoiler delete" on it, and compare it to his window sticker w/o. Tell him that "someone" at the dealership "must have" "misinformed" him - that way you give him an opportunity to back off while saving face. Tell him you're not really interested in the spoiler, and will not pay for it - you'd rather wait for your order. However, if he recognizes the "mistake," you're willing to buy it at the agreed-upon price, but you will not pay $500 for something that clearly came at no cost.
Old 7/19/05, 10:22 AM

OK, it may be relavent to the discussion that I am buying this GT Convertible for $1000 over invoice or at a $1500 or so discount off MSRP.

We all know this is a RIDICULOUSLY GOOD DEAL! Paying $500 more to get my GT 2 months early is just stupid, but I would do it!

Paying $500 more for an imaginary dealer add is stupid and OUTRAGEOUS!

Thanks for the support all.... but if my dum-bass wants to pay so be it.... what I want to know is am I being lied to.

Thanks!

EZ
Old 7/19/05, 10:24 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by EZDUZIT@July 19, 2005, 9:54 AM

EZ
Open the trunk and look at the boltsand nuts that hold the spoiler on. I would imagine if they added the spoiler like they claim, that the bolts and nuts wre not painted to match the interior of the trunk lid.
Dealers add things like this all the time to make extra profit so you might be able to negotiate the price of the spoiler.
Old 7/19/05, 10:28 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Here's mine.
Old 7/19/05, 10:49 AM

Thank you Jason
Old 7/19/05, 10:53 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by EZDUZIT@July 19, 2005, 8:25 AM
OK, it may be relavent to the discussion that I am buying this GT Convertible for $1000 over invoice or at a $1500 or so discount off MSRP.

We all know this is a RIDICULOUSLY GOOD DEAL! Paying $500 more to get my GT 2 months early is just stupid, but I would do it!

Thanks for the support all.... but if my dum-bass wants to pay so be it.... what I want to know is am I being lied to.
Thanks!

EZ
I would want to know if I'm being lied to as well. If the car has no imperfections, then grab it.........because you never know if the ordered car will/will not have any. After all, $500 is nothing more than chump change compared to having your car 2 months earlier and getting to enjoy the bulk of summer time with it..........and that's only if they won't back off the x-tra $500 to begin with. Plus, you get an '05 instead of an '06

Quick Reply: Spoiler Delete?