2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Speeding ticket...

Search this Thread

Old 11/17/07 | 12:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by S197 V6
Thanks for this site! Im giving it a look right now. Can you give me a little more info on exaclty how it works, do they just charge you a fee up front and then provide you with a lawyer to handle the rest? This looks like something I am interested in doing but Id just like a little more info on exaxctly how the process works, any info you can give me would be great! Thanks!
I called and talked to one of the law firm's partners (Arthur Tait)... they will provide a free consultation. He was great.. spent quite a bit of time with me on the phone answering all my questions before I contracted with them. Here's how it works: You pay the first-time client fee (it was $98 when I did this in April) up front... they call you and get detailed info. Then they send you a packet which you fill out and return. They do everything else (prepared the case, legal paperwork, and do any investigative work). They also submit case to appropriate court (where you were cited). They told me they win 80% of their cases... I was skeptical, but in the end, they proved their worth. In California, I also was required to pay the bail (fine) before the court date. I was also instructed to NOT show up in court... they filed a "Trial by Written Declaration". After 5 wks, I received a letter from the courts stating my case was being dismissed... and a refund of my ticket bail posted.
Old 11/17/07 | 08:22 PM

go to one of the "ticket clinics"... you just pay them and they deal with everything.. no insurance.. or points! =D
Old 11/18/07 | 06:54 AM
Bullitt Member

If you're gonna play, you've gotta pay. I have gooten many ticket over the years, and had to sell cars because of them. But you know what? I has speeding. I did it willingly and paid the price of my decision to do so. You didn't have to go around the trucks, you could have pulled off at let them get ahead of you.

I also got a ticket this summer, first one in about 10 years. I was caught, I admit it. I have also not been caught many more times, so I guess it evens out. I am just amazed why people don't take responsiblity for their actions, and instead try to find every excuse and way to get out of things.

If you can afford to the drive the car the way you drive it, you can't afford it anyway.
Old 11/18/07 | 12:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mustangjack
If you're gonna play, you've gotta pay. I have gooten many ticket over the years, and had to sell cars because of them. But you know what? I has speeding. I did it willingly and paid the price of my decision to do so. You didn't have to go around the trucks, you could have pulled off at let them get ahead of you.

I also got a ticket this summer, first one in about 10 years. I was caught, I admit it. I have also not been caught many more times, so I guess it evens out. I am just amazed why people don't take responsiblity for their actions, and instead try to find every excuse and way to get out of things.

If you can afford to the drive the car the way you drive it, you can't afford it anyway.
Im not making any excuses for what I did. I was speeding plain and simple and it was wrong. Ill pay the ticket (actually I already have), BUT if there is a way to get around the insurance increase then I want to try and do it.

DoctorQ- thanks for the info! I sent them an email to talk to them a little more and will be calling them next week to see about getting a consultation.
Old 11/18/07 | 04:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Just check the Yellow Pages...plenty of lawyers out there who specialize in speeding tickets...about $500 and the excessive speed violation will turn into something else...most of the time it turns into a non-moving violation...you have to pay one way or the other...but it's better not to get in trouble with your insurance company...believe me, getting a lawyer is the best option.
Old 11/18/07 | 05:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

my advice is get a lawyer. Not as expensive as you would think. Call a few. If you don't get a lawyer get to court early and talk to the da first hand. Speeding up to get around gravel trucks probably won't fly as stated in other posts. Should have just increased your following distance is what you will hear. I know you know that already.
Also if you can do some thing on line and recieve no points. That sounds pretty good also. Especally if you don't have to waste time going to court.
Old 11/18/07 | 05:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Having a lawyer always got me out of court in about 20 minutes.
Old 11/18/07 | 05:12 PM
Cobra Member

DocQ. Its also not true that cops are always paid OT to show up in court. Sure, if its your day off, then yes OT is there, as it should be. Would you come into work on YOUR day off and expect nothing?

Note for some of you looking at this TBD. Any smart cop, will have their city attorney or D.A, go through the paperwork that your attempting to submit.
Old 11/19/07 | 07:29 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by mustangjack

I am just amazed why people don't take responsiblity for their actions, and instead try to find every excuse and way to get out of things.

\

You know what amazes me?..the fact that speeding tickets are BS! The last ticket I got was for going 51 mph (in a 40) on a divided 4 lane...40 mph limit of a divided 4 lane?...and it was...$250!!

Safety?...I don't think so...it is all about revenue generation.

If they were really concerned about safety, cars would come with speed limiting GPS software...then it is a level playing field...no one speeds, and every one is "safe".

But that is never going to happen...
Old 11/19/07 | 07:51 AM
NTTAWWT

^Lets certaintly freakin' hope not. Dont get me started on how this country is slowly going down the drain, we'll be here for hours. I think alot of speed limits are bull, to be perfecty honest. Especially on the interstates, speed limit should be 85-90. It could be 100+, but then police patrol should be stepped up on nonspeeding issues, like idiots riding in the left lane, when they arent even traveling the speed limits, etc.