2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

"So were you just being a knucklehead or what?"

Search this Thread

Old 11/12/05, 01:04 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by slammer223@November 12, 2005, 12:01 AM
You might have to change from EETDUST to CATW6LFT or something similar.
lol
Old 11/12/05, 02:42 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by dustindu4@November 11, 2005, 8:55 PM
hey do cops keep track of those written warnings? If I get pulled over again, they gonna know I already got a warning? Not sure how it works in NH.

The ironic part of this story, is that about 10 years ago I got bagged doing donuts in a strip mall parking lot in my mom's oldsmobile :headbang: . It was dark out and there was a cop sitting right there in the dark beside one of the buildings watching me the whole time. I think I had just turned 18. The cop yelled at me a lot and threatened to "impound your momma's car"

I got a written warning then too!
Every time I get a warning they say it stays on your record for 6 months.
Old 11/12/05, 07:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Warnings don't go on any record. Just don't get pulled over by the same officer, some of us have good memories

I was out and about last night and knew where some of my buddies who were on duty were patrolloing. I tried to get stopped, just to mess with them. Every time I barked my tires (thanks Lidio - Alternative Auto.) near one of them, I could see their cell phone screwed in their ear and they didn't even hear me. I wasn't gonna drive past them going 100 or anything, but I couldn't even get one of them to look my way!!!!
Old 11/12/05, 09:45 PM

In Indiana we don't keep track of warnings and heck I write over 100 in a month so memories..well lets just say if you make it a day or two I won't remember you.

About the State Line thing, I am a State Trooper who has pulled a vehicle over 22 miles into Michigan. The key here is that the observed incident happened in Indiana, the state I work. The magical boarder does not matter. The people I stop think so and have taken me to a judge stating that they made it to the border (Not TACO BELL). The judge in the cases he has heard laughed and raised their fine.

Again though this takes a lot of screwing up for me to even do this. I give people 15 to 20 over before I even look at them. If your honest with me you get a warning. (Just ask the fellow that I busted for 105 that got a warning because he was honest, and there was nobody else out on the road cept him and I.)

And Mustangs....They just get a nice car thumbs up and a big wave!

Tom
Old 11/12/05, 10:24 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Originally posted by NHstang@November 12, 2005, 4:45 PM
Every time I get a warning they say it stays on your record for 6 months.
crap

yeah watch out for those Nashua cops, most of em are young punks. This guy was cool though. I still haven't seen you on the road yet. I'm sure you've seen me.
Old 11/12/05, 10:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by dustindu4@November 13, 2005, 12:27 AM
crap

yeah watch out for those Nashua cops, most of em are young punks. This guy was cool though. I still haven't seen you on the road yet. I'm sure you've seen me.

Right in front of the Pheasant Lane mall is not a good place to be a knucklehead. Prolly the most well patrolled strip of ashphalt in NH. Glad you didn't get burned.
Old 11/12/05, 11:39 PM
Cobra Member

Im just waiting for the day I get bagged for "exhaust too loud". WOT is wicked loud and gets you noticed by everyone within a 1/2 mile radius.... except the cops apparently.

Im glad you are up to 3 and still havent received a ticket.

-Dan
Old 11/13/05, 01:10 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
nice story
Old 11/13/05, 02:49 AM

Reminds of my second favorite knucklehead story...back in '86....the Pats just beat the Jets to make it to the SuperBowl....it just snowed like 6-8 inches and I was a 16 yr old all all pumped up....jumped in my '77 Chevy 4x4 pickup and set out into a pristine sea of fresh snow around my condo complex, Colonial Village in Methuen...well, after 20 minutes, the streets were still in a certain arrangement, but my tire tracks were like spaghette spewn about...all over the friggen place - I mean between trees and bushes going up and down embankments in between the apartment buildings..just nutty stuff...right after I take a left turn way too fast and go airborn after hitting the curb...I get pulled over...holy snikies....I tell the cop truth, being all jacked up over the Pats bug win, don't even have my license on me at he time...and the cop is all sorts of pissed off...threatening to call the owner of the complex and charging me for damage to the grass...impounding thr truck...losing license..blah blah...scaring the heck outa me...and he ends up citing me for "Failure to keep right".................worth a whole 20 bucks.

Yep, one of my favorite knuckleead stories...right behind me hitting a rock and dropping my front half shaft in that same truck doing some late night drinking and wheelin at Pie Hill...the stuck truck was clearly visible from the Methuen mall...
Old 11/13/05, 06:45 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I got a speeding ticket on the way into work the other morningfor doing 44 in a 30. I wasn't even in a hurry, just wasn't paying attention. The really sad part of the story is that it was raining so I was had left the Stang in the garage and was driving my redheaded stepchild Toyota.
Old 11/13/05, 08:36 AM

Bobo you still live in Methuen? That's less than 10 minutes from mikem and 30 minutes from me. I'd say to come race it at the track, but you need a roll bar in that vert of yours.
Old 11/13/05, 08:38 AM
FR500 Member

You too! I got a ticket a couple of weeks ago for doing 80 in a 65...in my SUV
Old 11/13/05, 08:46 AM

Originally posted by outdoorstom@November 13, 2005, 8:48 AM
I was driving my redheaded stepchild Toyota.
man you didn't even get a ticket in style!
Old 11/13/05, 10:12 AM
GTR Member

dustin,you are the unluckiest and luckiest at the same time. What size are your breasts??
Old 11/13/05, 10:19 AM

Originally posted by Boltzman@November 13, 2005, 12:15 PM
dustin,you are the unluckiest and luckiest at the same time. What size are your breasts??

Me and Teddy hang out a lot and argue about socialized medicine and gun control
Old 11/13/05, 10:54 AM
GTR Member

:shock:
Old 11/13/05, 01:39 PM
V6 Member

Oh man that is too funny! I wish I had you guys luck everytime Ive been pulled over I have recieved the ticket :angry: . I havent been pulled over in the new car yet but I am parinoid about it since I just put the loudmouths on. They sound great but im afraid of attracting the :cop: . Send some of that luck out here to the west coast.
Old 11/13/05, 05:31 PM

Engilsh bulldogs are better. My Fiancee likes the frenchies though. We'll probably end up with one of each.
Old 11/14/05, 12:57 AM

Originally posted by dustindu4@November 13, 2005, 8:39 AM
Bobo you still live in Methuen? That's less than 10 minutes from mikem and 30 minutes from me. I'd say to come race it at the track, but you need a roll bar in that vert of yours.
Nope - I'm on the left coast now...Too bad....haven't been a Masshole in 15 years now....

As far as tracking it...I've yet to hit the drag strip...not sure that'd really be my thing.. I love a good 4 wheel drift....I got to run the Black beast with a "driving" group at Laguna Seca in Monterey... unbelievably addictive driving on a road course... . "driving" is the magical word...it's exactly what you want with a non-expendible street car....and you can often do it without a rollbar.....the Roush did great...no live axle worries, slight push in the corners....Can't wait to go again.
Old 11/14/05, 11:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by ScottyBoy302@November 11, 2005, 8:56 PM
Wow, luckier than me. I got pulled over for doing an "unsafe left turn" last weekend at 2:00 in the morning at an empty interection because it looked like a dual turn lane. Anyways, i figured id be getting a warning since i have never had a ticket or a warning before. Guy comes back and gives me a $115 ticket. O, and the first thing he said when he saw I was young was "how much have you had to drink tonight?" And for the record i hadn't drank a drop. I thought it was a real donkey named jack thing to say cause if he actually thought i was drinking he shouldve given me the breathalyzer. Just rubbing salt in the wound. And people wonder why young people hate cops.
Not sure how old you are but pretty much anyone who is pulled over at 2 am is going to be asked how much they have had to drink. Since the majority of states' bars close at 2, that would seem like a logical thing to ask Not flaming, just saying that you (or anyone of any age) will be asked if they were drinking at that time of the morning.

Quick Reply: "So were you just being a knucklehead or what?"