2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

"So were you just being a knucklehead or what?"

Search this Thread

Old 11/11/05, 05:18 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So I just went out to Costco to get some dinner. I go to leave, and I'm sitting at the light. No right turn on red. It was taking forever and I was bored, so I say screw it and go. Subconsciously I guess, it turned into ripping a shot around the corner. I didn't intend to, but I gassed it more than I should of, and it's below freezing so I broke loose easy, so to anyone watching it looks like I was pulling some Dukes of Hazzard $%#T. If it were 70 degrees out, no way I would have broke traction. Now this is literally 100 yards from the NH/MA border. I look behind me and I see some blues flying out from the mall.

So I'm like great, what the heck, I didn't even intend to being an idiot THIS TIME and now I'm getting pulled over :nono: . Well I look in front of me and I see the "WELCOME TO MASSACHUSETTS" sign 50 feet in front of me. Then thoughts of old gangster movies pop in my head where guys like Dillinger would get chased to the state line, cross it and stop and get out and dance a jig in front of the cops because they can't do squat. So consciously this time I step on the gas and make it across the border. I pull over, the cop does the routine. I figure there's no way in heck I'm going to talk myself out of this one.

cop is like "so you know why I pulled you over right?"
me: yeah
cop: So were you just being a knucklehead or what?
me: I guess so
cop: you got any tickets on your record?
me: not currently
cop: some in the past?
me: yeah 1 or 2
cop: you've had this car for a while now right?
me: yeah like 6 months
cop: so it's not like you don't know how to drive it or anything, you know MUCH POWER (big emphasis) it has
me: yes sir

cop goes back to his car, I figure I'm screwed. I figure he's sitting there with a big grin on his face cackling when he's writing my license plate down on my ticket. He comes back, I can see a yellow piece of paper. I figure I'm screwed, there goes my $80 a month in insurance. He says he's giving me a warning and to not be an idiot in the future.

I figure it had a lot to do with him pulling me over in another state, plus I was honest with him, I didn't treat him like a jerk. I'm not a good BSer when I'm on the spot like that. I always choke when I get pulled over. I guess honesty works. The guy had kind of a grin on his face the whole time, he seemed cool.

I get home and look at the warning, he bagged me for "DISORDERLY CONDUCT WITH A MOTOR VEHICLE" Wow that's a new one.

What did I learn from this? DON"T DO ANYTHING STUPID WHEN IT'S DARK OUT! Well I guess every cat has nine lives, I've used up 3 in this car and I've got 6 left......holla!!!

Last edited by dustindu4; 8/5/12 at 09:01 PM.
Old 11/11/05, 05:31 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol...now that`s funny........
Old 11/11/05, 05:34 PM
I Have Admin Envy

knowing my luck, if that was me my car would have been impounded...

buy a lotto ticket
Old 11/11/05, 05:43 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by dustindu4@November 11, 2005, 4:21 PM
So I just went out to Costco to get some dinner. I go to leave, and I'm sitting at the light. No right turn on red. It was taking forever and I was bored, so I say screw it and go. Subconsciously I guess, it turned into ripping a shot around the corner. I didn't intend to, but I gassed it more than I should of, and it's below freezing so I broke loose easy, so to anyone watching it looks like I was pulling some Dukes of Hazzard $%#T. If it were 70 degrees out, no way I would have broke traction. Now this is literally 100 yards from the NH/MA border. I look behind me and I see some blues flying out from the mall.

So I'm like great, what the heck, I didn't even intend to being an idiot THIS TIME and now I'm getting pulled over :nono: . Well I look in front of me and I see the "WELCOME TO MASSACHUSETTS" sign 50 feet in front of me. Then thoughts of old gangster movies pop in my head where guys like Dillinger would get chased to the state line, cross it and stop and get out and dance a jig in front of the cops because they can't do squat. So consciously this time I step on the gas and make it across the border. I pull over, the cop does the routine. I figure there's no way in heck I'm going to talk myself out of this one.

cop is like "so you know why I pulled you over right?"
me: yeah
cop: you got any tickets on your record?
me: not currently
cop: some in the past?
me: yeah 1 or 2
cop: you've had this car for a while now right?
me: yeah like 6 months
cop: so it's not like you don't know how to drive it or anything, you know MUCH POWER (big emphasis) it has
me: yes sir

cop goes back to his car, I figure I'm screwed. I figure he's sitting there with a big grin on his face cackling when he's writing my EETDUST license plate down on my ticket. He comes back, I can see a yellow piece of paper. I figure I'm screwed, there goes my $80 a month in insurance. He says he's giving me a warning and to not be an idiot in the future.

I figure it had a lot to do with him pulling me over in another state, plus I was honest with him, I didn't treat him like a jerk. I'm not a good BSer when I'm on the spot like that. I always choke when I get pulled over. I guess honesty works. The guy had kind of a grin on his face the whole time, he seemed cool.

I get home and look at the warning, he bagged me for "DISORDERLY CONDUCT WITH A MOTOR VEHICLE" Wow that's a new one.

What did I learn from this? DON"T DO ANYTHING STUPID WHEN IT'S DARK OUT! Well I guess every cat has nine lives, I've used up 3 in this car and I've got 6 left......holla!!!

Disorderly conduct with motor vehicle means you could lose your license for 6months to a year..

Basically, you are not resposible enough to drive..The story may be funny to us, but lets see what a judge and a DMV hearing officer will respond to the alligations.. Painting you as a driver who is driving in a manner that jepordizes the lives and citizens of your community! LOL!!
Old 11/11/05, 05:46 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
The best reply I've ever used when asked the usual "... do you know why you are being stopped" question is "... yes, for being immature".

Works every time.

Old 11/11/05, 05:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Good story Dustin. Glad it worked out ok for you. I am stunned at the length of your story as I'm so used to your one word answers! Be careful with those lives you DO have left!
Old 11/11/05, 05:49 PM

Originally posted by Adrenal@November 11, 2005, 7:50 PM
I am stunned at the length of your story as I'm so used to your one word answers!
yes

Old 11/11/05, 05:50 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Love the updated signature Dustin.
Old 11/11/05, 05:52 PM

hey do cops keep track of those written warnings? If I get pulled over again, they gonna know I already got a warning? Not sure how it works in NH.

The ironic part of this story, is that about 10 years ago I got bagged doing donuts in a strip mall parking lot in my mom's oldsmobile :headbang: . It was dark out and there was a cop sitting right there in the dark beside one of the buildings watching me the whole time. I think I had just turned 18. The cop yelled at me a lot and threatened to "impound your momma's car"

I got a written warning then too!
Old 11/11/05, 05:56 PM
MSP
Banned

What is the penal code on the ticket.. I'm alittle nervous for ya! Lets just check the penalty...
Old 11/11/05, 05:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by MSP@November 11, 2005, 6:46 PM
Disorderly conduct with motor vehicle means you could lose your license for 6months to a year..

Basically, you are not resposible enough to drive..The story may be funny to us, but lets see what a judge and a DMV hearing officer will respond to the alligations.. Painting you as a driver who is driving in a manner that jepordizes the lives and citizens of your community! LOL!!
But that was just a warning right? You don't have to appear for a warning....none that I've heard of.....????
Old 11/11/05, 05:58 PM

Originally posted by MSP@November 11, 2005, 7:59 PM
What is the penal code on the ticket.. I'm alittle nervous for ya! Lets just check the penalty...
no ticket

READ THE POST NEXT TIME

knucklehead!
Old 11/11/05, 06:28 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by dustindu4@November 11, 2005, 5:01 PM
no ticket

READ THE POST NEXT TIME

knucklehead!

LOL!! WOW!! I munched on that one!! Sorry man! Nice job! I guess you set it up so good, during the story line I skimmed through cause the wife was callin me, and I didnt quite make it to the punch line.. I guess I'll have to eat the knuckle's this time.. My bad!

Can you believe I still have not read it.. Ok I'll comletely read it now.. LOL!!

Ok completely read it... Nice Job!!
Old 11/11/05, 06:39 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I've been pulled over ONCE in my Mach. Supposedly for 58 in a 40. I deny it, but figured Karma was just catching up with me. Took my drivers training class 2 hours one night last year, and was done with it.
Old 11/11/05, 06:53 PM
Cobra Member

Wow, luckier than me. I got pulled over for doing an "unsafe left turn" last weekend at 2:00 in the morning at an empty interection because it looked like a dual turn lane. Anyways, i figured id be getting a warning since i have never had a ticket or a warning before. Guy comes back and gives me a $115 ticket. O, and the first thing he said when he saw I was young was "how much have you had to drink tonight?" And for the record i hadn't drank a drop. I thought it was a real donkey named jack thing to say cause if he actually thought i was drinking he shouldve given me the breathalyzer. Just rubbing salt in the wound. And people wonder why young people hate cops.
Old 11/11/05, 08:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

I thought sure I was going to get my first ticket a couple days ago. I was late getting back to work after lunch, and was doing 60mph on a 40mph road. (The road is 4 lanes divided, and very twisty, and very safe, and begs for speed, most other people do 50+, so don't flame me too much.)

I didn't see the cop sitting in a driveway around a bend untill it was too late. I instantly panicked, and started watching my rear view. Sure enough, he starts to pull out . . . and turns the other direction! So I sped up to 65

What the heck do I have to do to get a ticket in Toledo??!! Lazy cops, gotta love em'.
Old 11/11/05, 08:47 PM
FR500 Member

lucky man....lol
Old 11/11/05, 09:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by dustindu4@November 11, 2005, 6:21 PM

Well I guess every cat has nine lives, I've used up 3 in this car and I've got 6 left......holla!!!

You might have to change from EETDUST to CATW6LFT or something similar.
Old 11/11/05, 10:09 PM
FR500 Member

Hope your luck stays healthy! I've been swooped down on four times since I picked up my car (a year ago), and each time something has happened coincidentaly, at precisely the right moment, that kept the tickets in their books.
Old 11/11/05, 11:16 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by dustindu4@November 11, 2005, 6:21 PM
Say, they give awards for that, don't they?

Quick Reply: "So were you just being a knucklehead or what?"