2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

So-So Mustang Review...

Search this Thread

Old 1/7/05, 09:49 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
In the article it says 'if you're the type to do burnouts, you're better off going with the automatic (transmission)' :scratch: Am I missing something? I know you can powerbrake and all, but is there anyone who knows how to drive stick but doesn't know how to pop a clutch? Heck, i accidentally figured that out just trying to learn to drive stick. Cars.com review
I haven't seen this before. Sorry if it's a repost.
Old 1/7/05, 10:54 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Huh!

I mean I'm getting the automatic myself, but if I was more prone to doing burnout's I'd be getting a stick. I'd rather do quick burnouts by popping the clutch, than doing long one's with a brake stand and going through not only tires...but brake shoes.
Old 1/7/05, 10:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
look at the Honda Element driving doofus that wrote the article......
Old 1/7/05, 11:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I read it a couple times and its full of so-so information, and some outright wrong. This guy is nowhere near as competent as me at writing a review. Cars.com is stuck with a bottom of the barrel nitwit.

DUH, I'M A NITWIT
Old 1/7/05, 11:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
lol
Old 1/7/05, 11:10 PM
I lust for a M24

Originally posted by kevinb120@January 8, 2005, 1:03 AM
I read it a couple times and its full of so-so information, and some outright wrong. This guy is nowhere near as competent as me at writing a review. Cars.com is stuck with a bottom of the barrel nitwit.

DUH, I'M A NITWIT
Exactly what I was thinking!
Old 1/8/05, 03:29 AM
V6 Member

No back seat cup holders or reading light..... THE HORROR OF IT ALL.
Apparently this idiot wants standard mini van features in a mustang.

For his next trick he will critique a shelby cobra for having no roof.
Old 1/8/05, 03:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Quote from the Review: "The gear ratios are well chosen, and there's simply no experience like the fury of a large-displacement V-8 pressing you into your seat. And the sound! Maybe it's because I grew up with big-blocks, but..."

I wasn't going to comment on this nit-wit, but I just can't pass on this statement. I love my new Mustang but 281 cubic inches hardly qualifies as a Big Block! Is he even old enough to remember 460 Fords and 454 Chevy's?

The Boss Hog
(Love my small block V8 . . . . . . )
Old 1/8/05, 07:47 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by The Boss Hog@January 8, 2005, 5:59 AM
Quote from the Review: "The gear ratios are well chosen, and there's simply no experience like the fury of a large-displacement V-8 pressing you into your seat. And the sound! Maybe it's because I grew up with big-blocks, but..."

I wasn't going to comment on this nit-wit, but I just can't pass on this statement. I love my new Mustang but 281 cubic inches hardly qualifies as a Big Block! Is he even old enough to remember 460 Fords and 454 Chevy's?
You clipped the rest of that quote: "... but the sound of a high-revving four-banger at full boil has always made my teeth hurt. (And I don't see how it's improved any by those sewer-sized aftermarket tailpipes that give the car a case of perpetual flatulence.) Nothing sounds like a Mustang, and when the dual exhausts start singing, the reaction is visceral. Shift a little higher up the rpm range and you get to hear it whenever you want."

He's not saying it's a big block. He's simply saying he likes the sound of a V8 better than a 4.
Old 1/8/05, 08:20 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by EZ-Kill@January 8, 2005, 4:32 AM

The fact that the car has a rather small backseat for an adult to sit back there, I think they will have bigger concerns than cupholders and reading lights on lengthy trips.
Old 1/8/05, 08:54 AM
GT Member

"Young people who know nothing of the second-generation, late-1960s Mustang styling on which the new model is based are just as likely to swoon as the people who drove, saw or lusted after Mustangs in 1964".

That is a pretty stupid statement. I would call myself a young person (16) and I know all about "late-1960s Mustang styling" just because we weren't born doesn't mean we only know about cars from our generation. I am not the only young person that is aware of cars no matter how old they are. I know there are young people that don't know about 60's mustangs, but they are not the ones that are going to be buying the 05.
Old 1/8/05, 09:23 AM

Originally posted by THRUST@January 8, 2005, 9:57 AM
"Young people who know nothing of the second-generation, late-1960s Mustang styling on which the new model is based are just as likely to swoon as the people who drove, saw or lusted after Mustangs in 1964".

That is a pretty stupid statement. I would call myself a young person (16) and I know all about "late-1960s Mustang styling" just because we weren't born doesn't mean we only know about cars from our generation. I am not the only young person that is aware of cars no matter how old they are. I know there are young people that don't know about 60's mustangs, but they are not the ones that are going to be buying the 05.
Yes, but the article said "Young people who know nothing of the second-generation, late-1960's Mustang styling", he never said all young people know nothing about it. And I will have to disagree with you on your last statement, there will be people that buy it based on it's styling even if they didn't know of the original's styling. That's why young people in the '60's bought it, it looks good.
Old 1/8/05, 09:33 AM
GT Member

ok people will buy the 05 mustang knowing nothing about the 60's mustangs, I just didn't like how he said that young people don't know anything about them.
Old 1/8/05, 09:37 AM

Originally posted by THRUST@January 8, 2005, 10:36 AM
ok people will buy the 05 mustang knowing nothing about the 60's mustangs, I just didn't like how he said that young people don't know anything about them.
That's not what he said, lol, he said young people who know nothing, can you honestly say that every young person knows what a late-60's Mustang looks like?
Old 1/8/05, 09:38 AM
GT Member

the guy is right that this car WILL bring new people to buy mustangs, maybe that is all he meant by his statement but he could have said it something like

MOST young people know nothing of late sixties mustangs.
Old 1/8/05, 09:40 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by holderca1+January 8, 2005, 10:40 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (holderca1 @ January 8, 2005, 10:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-THRUST@January 8, 2005, 10:36 AM
That's not what he said, lol, he said young people who know nothing, can you honestly say that every young person knows what a late-60's Mustang looks like? [/b][/quote]
oh crap know I feel really stupid and illeterate

I never even saw "who" even though I read it a bunch of times

I appologize and take back everything I said.

-nevously tries to change the topic-
so uhhhh... how about those red sox, hear they play baseball.
Old 1/8/05, 09:43 AM

Originally posted by THRUST+January 8, 2005, 10:43 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (THRUST @ January 8, 2005, 10:43 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by holderca1@January 8, 2005, 10:40 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-THRUST
@January 8, 2005, 10:36 AM

That's not what he said, lol, he said young people who know nothing, can you honestly say that every young person knows what a late-60's Mustang looks like?
oh crap know I feel really stupid and illeterate

I never even saw "who" even though I read it a bunch of times

I appologize and take back everything I said. [/b][/quote]
I figured that's what you did, ahh, don't worry about it, we all have done it, the brain can play tricks on you sometimes.
Old 1/8/05, 09:51 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by EZ-Kill@January 8, 2005, 5:32 AM

Yea I want cupholders in a car that has 4 fingers of room between the front and back seats.......Its not a pleasure trip car......Horrors, it doesn't have a DVD player back seat pockets or armrest back there either.

If I wanted that crap I woulda gotten a SUV.
Old 1/8/05, 09:53 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by holderca1+January 8, 2005, 10:23 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (holderca1 @ January 8, 2005, 10:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-EZ-Kill@January 8, 2005, 4:32 AM

The fact that the car has a rather small backseat for an adult to sit back there, I think they will have bigger concerns than cupholders and reading lights on lengthy trips. [/b][/quote]
From experience- Four full growns will NOT fit in that car without the front 2 sitting under the airbag and the back 2 sitting sideways...Two and two will fit, but not without the younger ones getting grumpy.
Old 1/8/05, 10:01 AM
I lust for a M24

Mr. Nit -Wit and his thorough Mustang review forgot to mention there's no interior trunk release. Sorry, that's the one thing that bugs me about this car. Oh well, that'll make it harder for my passenger to let the bodies out of the back.

Quick Reply: So-So Mustang Review...