2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

So the ONE day this year I take my baby to work!

Search this Thread

Old 5/21/07, 03:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Angry So the ONE day this year I take my baby to work!

BAM! Some F-ing moron in a huge pickup decide to take off my mirror and do some body work on my driver side door instead of merging like he's supposed to.

If you're at all familiar with the Holland Tunnel merger from Watts street on the NY side into the tunnel you know what/where I'm talking about.

It's retardly (is that even a word) simple: Merge 1 car from the right lane then 1 car from the left lane & repeat endlessly!

The weather was crystal clear and sunny! We were in bumper to bumper, 1 to 2 mph crawl...
"HOW IN THE F-ING WORLD DID YOU NOT SEE ME!!?!!?" I swear I'm sick over this! I hate people, well atleast ONE person in particular at the moment!
Attached Thumbnails So the ONE day this year I take my baby to work!-picture-001-large-.jpg   So the ONE day this year I take my baby to work!-picture-003-large-.jpg   So the ONE day this year I take my baby to work!-picture-004-large-.jpg   So the ONE day this year I take my baby to work!-picture-005-large-.jpg   So the ONE day this year I take my baby to work!-picture-006-large-.jpg  

Old 5/21/07, 03:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
OUCH! Sorry to see that damage!

Yes, why do people not concentrate on their driving! All other drivers are morons.

Ummm.. Tom Cruise poster is :gay:...

Old 5/21/07, 03:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by mrkabc
Ummm.. Tom Cruise poster is :gay:...

LMAO I knew someone was gonna nail me on that! That's why I edited the post and put my reason for it in there! Beat your post by 2 minutes!

Thanks for the laugh though!
Old 5/21/07, 03:57 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, but whose gonna read that little tiny note
Old 5/21/07, 08:35 PM
GT Member

Not to mention isn't that the Vanilla Sky movie...
Old 5/21/07, 08:40 PM

Wow that sucks! I hope the moron in question had insurance.
Old 5/21/07, 08:43 PM
Cobra Member

I FEEL FOR YA Mikeyyyyy. She'll be good as new soon
Old 5/21/07, 09:13 PM
GT Member

Man that really sucks. Sorry to hear your baby got hur.

People have no idea what merge means anymore they all have this assumption that you have to let them in.

I hate that more than the lack of turn signals.
Old 5/21/07, 09:48 PM
FR500 Member

it will be fixed...some people r morons....tom cruise!!!!!!!!!
Old 5/21/07, 10:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
**** that sucks.

TC poster.... LOL
Old 5/22/07, 05:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
major drag. Why does the wife put her poster right in front of your car?? I would tape it to the floor so every time I pulled in I could run his face over LOL
Old 5/22/07, 06:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

At least she doesnt put the poster over his face!! And perhaps the guy who hit you knew you had that poster hanging in the gayrage Gotta laugh at times like these. Seriously, though it does suck but at least you werent hurt.
Old 5/22/07, 07:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by WB05stang
Man that really sucks. Sorry to hear your baby got hur.

People have no idea what merge means anymore they all have this assumption that you have to let them in.

I hate that more than the lack of turn signals.

+1 Courtesy and safety are all gone these days.

If it is only the door that is damaged, it appears the door should be replaced entirely as the skin is bent in enough to where it may have hit the side door impact beam;- and thus may have produced a warp in the door frame itself. None of the interior door trim appears to be protruding in, so the door impact beam is not broken or that badly bent.

It also appears that there was no other frame damage to the front or rear quarter panels. If, this is the case, you may have gotten well with the damage considering a simple door replacement. Notwithstanding the fact that you never got hurt in the incident.

Take knowledge that it can be fixed and speak with the Ins. Agent that if the damage reported is less than 3k so it does not produce a de-valuation of the vehicle upon re-sale.

Been in similar situation myself, twice, hit and runs, over the years and it is a fact that most drivers "expect" you to yield in this type of merging situation, weather or not you are in the right. So, it becomes an issue of yielding to them in these types of situations for reason of Safety above the call of the Rules of the Road.

In reference to the traffic area you speak of, yes, been there several times, and each time it is the same sceneario. There are a few similar places in Houston as well.
Old 5/22/07, 01:56 PM
Retired Tms Staff

That really blows. People just simply do not pay attention these days and most of them all think they have the right of way, even when they clearly do not. Maybe he didn't see you cause he was talking on the cell phone with one hand and holding a coffee with the other.
Old 5/22/07, 03:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by adrenalin
That really blows. People just simply do not pay attention these days and most of them all think they have the right of way, even when they clearly do not. Maybe he didn't see you cause he was talking on the cell phone with one hand and holding a coffee with the other.

Perhaps the Driver was reading the newspaper, applying cosmetics or shaving. See it all here in Houston
Old 5/22/07, 04:19 PM
Cobra R Member

Sorry to see the damage. **** moron drivers.
Old 5/22/07, 04:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

man i know EXACTLY how you feel. im a sanitation worker , work in manhattan live in SI but i HATE brooklyn so i go through jersey to get home. that friggin merge is ridiculous. so many times has an A$$hole come close to hitting me because the concept of a merge is so difficult for them to comprehend. just today some jerky almost hit me, at the last second they woke up (actually saw their head come up) and they stopped short before hitting into me.

i swear to god, one day im gonna take the garbage truck and PLOW through that godawful merge.
Old 5/22/07, 07:32 PM
Bullitt Member

guess I'll share my near-miss for the day - I'm due for one at least one of these week around here. leaving SIUH hospital today coming outta the lot to head to the blvd from, this woman comes outta side street completly blows a stop sign - i'm talking no slowdown, nothing....30mph straight outta there...

I just wanted to park my car get out and tell her, "that red octagon, yeah, it means something...."

Old 5/24/07, 07:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to see that Michael. It will be good as new soon!
-Rich
Old 5/24/07, 08:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear that. People are very envious and jealous. Hope she gets fixed soon!

Quick Reply: So the ONE day this year I take my baby to work!