2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

And so the long wait begins!

Search this Thread

Old 5/4/05, 02:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stu, Santa Monica Ford here in L.A. had your exact ordered car in their showroom when I was their recently getting my car serviced. I don't know if they still have the vehicle, but it might be worth a shot to call them.

That color combination looked fantastic. Good choice.

Edit: nevermind, it was a convertible, which is what I thought you had ordered; not a coupe.
Old 5/4/05, 03:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks Steve. I'm definately going to keep checking dealer inventories while I'm waiting. If I can find one on the lot of another dealer for the same price, then I'd definately take it.

What is the phone number for the ERL and what information do I need to get from my dealership where I placed the order so that I can track it?
Old 5/4/05, 04:36 PM
Cobra R Member

Stu......here's your car (minus the 1000 shaker), and trust me that you don't need the 1000 watter. The car is in Indiana @ Webb Ford, and is new with only 60 miles. click this link: My Webpage
Old 5/4/05, 05:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Giddyup@May 4, 2005, 3:39 PM
Stu......here's your car (minus the 1000 shaker), and trust me that you don't need the 1000 watter. The car is in Indiana @ Webb Ford, and is new with only 60 miles. click this link: My Webpage
Thanks for the find. There are only 2 problems with that one.

1) Who knows what the reserve is.
2) While I don't *need* the 1000, my *wants* do have a big impact over my actions. I can justify mentally the price of the 1000 because this is the first car that I'll be getting that is manual, which if I were to get automatic is around $1,000 anyway. I'm hesitant about going with aftermarket sound systems because I really love the 6 CD changer in the dash. I currently have it in my truck and is definately something that I can't do without. All of that put together is basically why I *want* the 1000.

The order that I made yesterday is for the car at MSRP and I didn't have to pay the $500 to order it. The dealership is also a client of my dad's, so giving them a little business will help keem them giving my dad business.
Old 5/4/05, 05:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

youd be better off taking the 1000 bucks and doing an aftermarket system tho
Old 5/4/05, 05:48 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by mustangspeeder@May 4, 2005, 3:23 PM

Thanks for the find. There are only 2 problems with that one.

1) Who knows what the reserve is.
2) While I don't *need* the 1000, my *wants* do have a big impact over my actions. I can justify mentally the price of the 1000 because this is the first car that I'll be getting that is manual, which if I were to get automatic is around $1,000 anyway. I'm hesitant about going with aftermarket sound systems because I really love the 6 CD changer in the dash. I currently have it in my truck and is definately something that I can't do without. All of that put together is basically why I *want* the 1000.

The order that I made yesterday is for the car at MSRP and I didn't have to pay the $500 to order it. The dealership is also a client of my dad's, so giving them a little business will help keem them giving my dad business.
You're welcome for the find. #1 is not a problem at all......because all you have to do is contact the seller and find out what the reserve is, and sometimes the car dealers reserve the right to cancel the auction if a deal is reached on the car outside of eBay. #2 is personal preferrence, and you only know how important that 1000 shaker is to you. I was just trying to help you out a bit by letting you know that the 500 packs quite a whallop, and it also has the 6-disc changer in dash as well. I'm an avid golfer, and I didn't want that extra sub-woofer taking up that room in my trunk. I read a review one time about the 1000 watter being for the baggy pants wearer that wants the car 3 cars ahead to hear the music as well.... Basically the reviewer was complimenting the 500 Shaker as being a pretty impressive system. Just trying to help you out my man......but it appears you're reserved to waiting for an '06, and helping out the dealership/dad thing (didn't realize that part from your original post). I think this late in the game that an '05 is out of the question.....but keep your fingers crossed.
Old 5/4/05, 06:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 94tbird@May 4, 2005, 4:49 PM
youd be better off taking the 1000 bucks and doing an aftermarket system tho
Oh I know I could, but I place a lot of value on the following:

1) It'll be there when I first pick it up and drive off.
2) It's installed by Ford who knows this vehicle very well.
3) Me and saving don't really mix and it would take a little while to have that much cash laying around.
4) I like the fact that I can get all the waranty work done at the same place.
5) I don't trust aftermarket places when it comes to pulling up the floor or where ever and running the wires through. :scratch:
6) I won't have to leave my car at a shop with a bunch of teenagers drooling over it and possible taking it for a little spin while installing an aftermarket system. :shock:
Old 5/15/05, 12:10 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by keith61760@May 4, 2005, 2:19 PM
I am waiting to. I ordered mine 29 April through military car sales. I have to go back and add the 2006 info. 242 Days left!!
Good luck Keith! I also ordered mine through Military Car Sales...After more than 5 months of waiting I finally got a call a week or so ago about my build week, which was this week. She should be here in just a few weeks!