2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

So long for now - I've gone over to the "Dark Side."

Search this Thread

Old 12/27/07, 01:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Willie
The attention worries me sometimes. I'm worried that eventually some idiot is going to vandalize it. Some of the vandalism I have seen on here sickens me.

Hey Crazyhorse, did you get the car cover with yours? Mine was missing when I bought the car but it was shipped to me. I just opened it up last night and put it on the car. You talk about vandalism. This car cover has a Cobra insignia on the front but worse yet, it has SHELBY in huge black letters across the back. And I thought car covers helped to conceal the identity of the car. This one only advertises it -- STEAL ME!!!

Willie
I bought that cover, too. Wish I hadn't. It is very thin. I park it indoors and cover it in the winter. Dust and Ding protection is all I need. I'll likely buy a thicker one by next winter.
Old 12/27/07, 02:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are we discussing this again??!!
Old 12/27/07, 05:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

I had this same talk with the other who went to the dark side but not with the guy who started the tread I do understand his point about adm. A little up date, a customer brougt his 07 Vette loaded to have tire system check, leak in the sensor and ask me to test drive it? Since my GT500 a vert as the Corvette this shoud be a good match? All I have to say is the Corvette is a nice car but it's no GT500. Imo. To be fare the darksider Mustang guy should spent so seat time in a GT500!!! breaking the tires loose in 3rd and 4 th gear in the 500 is no problem 4 adults in the car!!!He paid 8000.00 more than me for his Vette so the price was close. The under side of the c6 to the c5 is not much different if at all. Looks like all they did is cut off the back and re skin it? Maybe diff. spring and sway bars and shocks? motor seems better cause the normal piston slap seems to be gone must have made the piston skirts longer? Had the garage door open xams and two people stop by to take pictures wonder if it was the Boss or the Shelby or just both together? Good luck with your Vettes, But I'am staying blue oval!!!
Old 12/27/07, 05:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by boss429man
I had this same talk with the other who went to the dark side but not with the guy who started the tread I do understand his point about adm. A little up date, a customer brougt his 07 Vette loaded to have tire system check, leak in the sensor and ask me to test drive it? Since my GT500 a vert as the Corvette this shoud be a good match? All I have to say is the Corvette is a nice car but it's no GT500. Imo. To be fare the darksider Mustang guy should spent so seat time in a GT500!!! breaking the tires loose in 3rd and 4 th gear in the 500 is no problem 4 adults in the car!!!He paid 8000.00 more than me for his Vette so the price was close. The under side of the c6 to the c5 is not much different if at all. Looks like all they did is cut off the back and re skin it? Maybe diff. spring and sway bars and shocks? motor seems better cause the normal piston slap seems to be gone must have made the piston skirts longer? Had the garage door open xams and two people stop by to take pictures wonder if it was the Boss or the Shelby or just both together? Good luck with your Vettes, But I'am staying blue oval!!!

It's all good, different strokes for different folks!!!
Old 12/28/07, 09:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Dark Side

Well, bye
Old 12/30/07, 11:19 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I got X-Plan and a great price on my GT, but I'm always monitoring the C6 Z06 depreciation trends