2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

So I am in a major bind....

Search this Thread

Old 9/19/06, 10:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The whole wheel is cast aluminum, how could that be fixed?
Old 9/20/06, 12:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

places that fix wheels and a machine that is the shape or i guess takes the shape of the barrel in what ever size wheel it is and they can add aluminum to it and it all gets melted together and then they sand and polish the whole lip so its all like new again, i had one of my billet boyd wheels fixed that had chunks missing out of it and you could never tell where it was damaged before, send me some high res pics of the wheel and ill see if i can email them to the guy and see how much to fix it
Old 9/20/06, 07:50 AM
Team Mustang Source

I will have to go to the shop to get some. I don't have any of just the wheel. I appreciate the help greatly
Old 9/20/06, 08:06 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Mydnyghte
Oh no, don't let this be a testament towards the cons of low profile tires. If I'd had the stock 17" wheels this still would have happened.

Let me elaborate; I was making a right hand turn, did not even think to look left and pulled right out in front a guy hauling a lawn mower trailer. The trailers fender drug down the entire side of my car and the edge of it caught the lip of the wheel and tore a chunk right out. When the fender hit the wheel, it lifted the trailer and brought the fender right into the side of my fender and sliced it like cheese.
Sorry about your mishap! I know how you feel about not wanting to turn it in to your insurance company - I just went through a similar fiasco where I had backed into a parked car and did about $1200.00 damage to the door (none to my truck) and they treated me as if I had been convicted of a felon with my rates going up 20% for the next three years! I've been with them for 8 yrs and have had no claims, accidents or tickets during that time and they still are raising my rates....ruthless. They told me now that I'm a "higher risk" because I had one minor accident - nuts ...strange how paying an extra 20% in preimums over the next 3 years is going to make me a safer driver

Back to your accident - glad you were OK and how bad was the damage to your Mustang? Did the entire driver's side get wiped out?
Old 9/20/06, 08:16 AM
Team Mustang Source

Yep, whole drivers side. Luckily though the rear quarter panel was able to be repaired, so no cutting and welding had to be done there, whew. My bodyshop guy asked me if he could hang my fender on his wall, because it is the worst one he's ever seen.The car is like a Phoenix though, it always rises from the ashes better than before. But I have discovered that I am nowhere near as good a driver as I used to think, so I have a nice new car cover sitting in the garage to help extend my cars life