2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

SMITTEN BY THE LEGEND LIME V-6 AT NASHVILLE

Search this Thread

Old 4/25/04, 09:40 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know I didn't expect to much after viewing the redfire GT at Nashville and then walking over to look at the legend lime gold V-6 car. However, after about a minute of viewing the V-6 car at various angles, it kind of blew me away. The blacked out rocker panel treatment looked teriffic. This, combined with the facias which do not carry the character line of the rocker panel, gave the V-6 car a more taut, athletic appearance. Along this line, I think I remember reading that the lower half of front fascia on the V-6 car sweeps aft, while that on the GT is more vertical. OK, now with that white tape stripe along the lower edge of the door, the legend lime color, the spoiler delete, and those teriffic wheels with the spinners, the car looked even better. It really had a more sporty appearance than the redfire GT. Also, size wise it looked more like one of the early Mustangs. In a final point, it should also note that the 16" upgraded wheel on this car is more than just the spinner. It has both polished and light gray painted surfaces while the standard wheel is a single uniform silver color.

Now to my main point. I will be buying a 2005 Mustang GT and know I will not be disappointed. In my opinion, however, the final masterpiece on canvas has yet to be created for the new Mustang GT. The legend lime V-6 car made that obvious. PLEASE FORD SEE THE LIGHT. WE NEED TASTEFUL SPORTY OPTIONS FOR THE GT AT INTRODUCTION.
Old 4/25/04, 10:17 PM

Well, it's nice to know that somebody likes that color.
Old 4/26/04, 02:44 AM
V6 Member

I liked it too, after seeing it in person. When I got home and loaded my pics onto the computer, I realized I had taken almost twice as many of the Lime V6 compared to the GT.

All good points gizmo, and I agree 100%. And thanks for pointing out the difference on the 16" wheels. I noticed that the ones on display were completely satin-finished, and I was preparing to be dissappointed if those were the only ones that would be on the car. The contrast of the polished chrome center spokes makes them look great, so I'm glad they will be available, even if I have to pat extra.
Old 4/26/04, 04:38 AM
GT Member

I asked my father for his opinion and he told me to check out the colors in person instead of in picture(s)... you might change your mind.

Although I have my mind set on that sonic blue... seeing them in person might change that.

(Guess its on topic )
Old 4/26/04, 06:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not my color but luv the wheels needem in 18"
Old 4/26/04, 06:54 AM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by GIZMOTOO@Apr. 25th, 2004, 7:43 PM
OK, now with that white tape stripe along the lower edge of the door, the legend lime color, the spoiler delete, and those teriffic wheels with the spinners, the car looked even better.
i totally agree with you. after seeing those pics and how the lines pop ot so much, it has almost changed my mind on the color of the car I was planning to get.
Old 4/26/04, 08:00 AM
Cobra Member

I haven't seen that color in person, but I've liked all the pics I've seen of it.

Maybe trade in the Tropic Green for Legend Lime Green.... sooooooo nice
Old 4/26/04, 09:44 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I was not against the color before I saw it in person. In fact, I kinda liked it. However, after seeing it in person that would be the color I'd get. I really liked it. Now, hopefully in a few years when I'm in the market for a car again, they'll have an Orange of some sort available
Old 4/26/04, 11:02 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Guys, I have always liked this color. I can remember as a kid I had a Hot Wheels 67/68 Mustang this same exact color! It's weird, when I see this car it looks like a Big Hot Wheels car to me. I wish Ford would do more of the Classic Colors on this new Stang.

I also have to admit I like the Front and rear facias, and rocker panels on the V6 better than the GT, because they are cleaner looking to me. I think most car manufacturers pay way too much attention to "Styling" these areas. My only complaint about the V6 is the License Indentation on the front facia.
Old 4/26/04, 11:49 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I love the lime green but it needed black stripes not white. B)
Old 4/26/04, 09:08 PM

Is the green car seen in all this pictures (taken at shows) the same colour of green available in '05?

It sure looks different than the one posted on the colour poll.
Old 4/26/04, 10:47 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

That white stripe ruins it IMO. Also, at least put it further down. Or in black??
Old 4/26/04, 10:59 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

The more I see the V6, the more I think I wouldnt mind having one.
I wouldnt be too pissed if i didnt get a GT, and all i could get was the 6. Ford did say they tweaked it to sound more "mustang" like, so I wonder how that would be.
Old 4/26/04, 11:04 PM

i like it, but it's a little to exotic for me. black is my first choice. if the gt is WAY over $26K i wouldn't mind having a v6. i also like the badge better than the gt badge. obviously it's not all about the looks though.
Old 4/26/04, 11:42 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It needs a GT350 Stripe kit on it too
Old 4/27/04, 12:26 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by baklassen@Apr. 26th, 2004, 9:11 PM
Is the green car seen in all this pictures (taken at shows) the same colour of green available in '05?

It sure looks different than the one posted on the colour poll.
These are the real deal.

The pictures in the "Color Poll" thread are photochops, not actual pictures of cars (except the original used...probably the redfire GT).
Old 4/27/04, 01:40 PM

Ok,

I am a real fan of the the base model of the new Mustang 2005 and Ford I will be
purchasing one this year.

However, I have several recommendations regarding how the model should be evolved going forward.

I think that the model is true to the 68 with modern design notes of the Mercedes
SLK. I think that future designs of the mustang should include these design notes
not only in the front facia but rear facia.

Also I really like to use of flat black on the rocker panels and believe that it should
be incorporated into the lower door and bumper areas as on the Audi --This gives
it a very X series look of futuristic aircraft. Remember the importance of the aerospace industry to automobiles of the 60s.

I am not a big fan of the GT model as other viewers have also said. I would recommend that Ford incorporate more of the design features of the base
model into the GT -less sexed up and more performance oriented while keeping with the overall simplicity of the base model.
Old 4/27/04, 01:40 PM

Ok,

I am a real fan of the the base model of the new Mustang 2005 and Ford I will be
purchasing one this year.

However, I have several recommendations regarding how the model should be evolved going forward.

I think that the model is true to the 68 with modern design notes of the Mercedes
SLK. I think that future designs of the mustang should include these design notes
not only in the front facia but rear facia.

Also I really like to use of flat black on the rocker panels and believe that it should
be incorporated into the lower door and bumper areas as on the Audi --This gives
it a very X series look of futuristic aircraft. Remember the importance of the aerospace industry to automobiles of the 60s.

I am not a big fan of the GT model as other viewers have also said. I would recommend that Ford incorporate more of the design features of the base
model into the GT -less sexed up and more performance oriented while keeping with the overall simplicity of the base model.