2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

SLP needs a 2005 manual Mustang GT in NJY

Search this Thread

Old 1/13/05, 06:17 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by crazyhorse+January 13, 2005, 6:57 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (crazyhorse @ January 13, 2005, 6:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by 2005muzzy@January 13, 2005, 2:37 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-crazyhorse
@January 12, 2005, 7:36 PM
IF i missed Altoid's attitude from other posts and was wrong here I apologize. It just seemed out of line and very brisk.

Just read his history of posts and quotes. All I have to say is WOW!!!!
I'm surprised Brad has not jumped in. Stangnet has been erased from my favorites for some time now. DON"T MAKE THIS STANGNET PLEASE !!!!
That was the point of my post. I come here to learn about Mustangs. A side benefit is that ALL the people WERE friendly and helpful. Honestly, the reason I missed Altoid's attitude is because I don't read all the posts anymore. I got tired of the direction the overall attitude was going. I miss the old days when all we wanted to talk about was what the new '05 was gonna look like and how power it was going to have.

Maybe we should start a new subforum just for those who want to complain or blow off steam. Each time someone's post is out of line, move just their post to the new forum.

Now, if this thread can be saved, lets get [/b][/quote]
Well its bound to change, when I joined there were less than 1,000 members, now we are over 5,000.
Old 1/13/05, 10:41 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RE: NJY: it's a telecom abbreviation for New Jersey used by MCI in a system called TCOMs.

I wish my car was in.. I'd take SLP up on their offer. Sounds sweet.
Old 1/13/05, 10:46 AM
Team Mustang Source

Gotta love people who are online tough guys....nuff said....
Old 1/13/05, 10:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Grantsdale@January 12, 2005, 2:56 PM
Uhm, whats NJY? Is it New Jersey/New York? If so, wow. Stupidest.Abbreviation.Ever.
Grantsdale, notice the J. Does New York have a J in it anywhere? So, wow, Supidest.Person.Ever. Do you think before you open your mouth? Your like a child that wants to hear his own voice. I bet you read your posts over and over again to see how cool it sounds when you read it. Playing with fire? Little boy, you're as bout' as threatening as a fart in the wind. Go away!! We don't want any here.

I'm trying to help people, not degrade them. Thanks for the volunteers here. Hopefully we'll see this system soon.
Old 1/13/05, 02:52 PM
Banned

Originally posted by tech+January 13, 2005, 1:57 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tech @ January 13, 2005, 1:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Grantsdale@January 12, 2005, 2:56 PM
Uhm, whats NJY? Is it New Jersey/New York? If so, wow. Stupidest.Abbreviation.Ever.
Grantsdale, notice the J. Does New York have a J in it anywhere? So, wow, Supidest.Person.Ever. Do you think before you open your mouth? Your like a child that wants to hear his own voice. I bet you read your posts over and over again to see how cool it sounds when you read it. Playing with fire? Little boy, you're as bout' as threatening as a fart in the wind. Go away!! We don't want any here.

I'm trying to help people, not degrade them. Thanks for the volunteers here. Hopefully we'll see this system soon. [/b][/quote]
Nice post, I'll give you that, not easy to come up with a reply to. I wasn't attacking you, however, just the abbreviation. Being from the tristate area, I hear commercials for "New York/New Jersey Ford Dealers" all the time. I don't think its much of a stretch, with abbreviations for everything now-a-days, to get New Jersey/New York out of NJY, as in referring to the area. (The second N not there because it is a common letter to both sections) If it was just New Jersey, I would think people would use NJ. If you are making a post that refers to a location, and using a non-standard abbreviation, how are people supposed to know where the location is? I wouldn't use the abbreviation of my cities name if I was trying to point non-locals to a shop in my city, because they wouldn't know what I was talking about.

Again, wasn't anything personal, and it does make kind of sense, since almost all telcos use 3 letter abbreviations, but I thought it was something other than what it was.

Edit: As far as altoid goes, if anyone wants me to do more, just leave me PMs with links to his posts

Edit #2: tech check your PMs
Old 1/13/05, 03:22 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Grantsdale+January 12, 2005, 5:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grantsdale @ January 12, 2005, 5:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Altoid@January 12, 2005, 5:04 PM
Link says Toms River, NJ.
If you want to be a jerk, you picked the wrong guy. Did I ask where it was? No. I went to the link and found that out myself. I asked what the abbreviation was. If you don't have anything to add, never reply to one of my posts again. [/b]

Next time state you actually know where it is any maybe I won't have to fill you in.

Originally posted by crazyhorse@January 12, 2005, 7:36 PM
IF i missed Altoid's attitude from other posts and was wrong here I apologize. It just seemed out of line and very brisk.Just read his history of posts and quotes. All I have to say is WOW!!!!
I'm surprised Brad has not jumped in. Stangnet has been erased from my favorites for some time now. DON"T MAKE THIS STANGNET PLEASE !!!!

Why would Brad jump in? What have I done that would get me in trouble? My only problem has been when someone’s post has horrible misspelling making it unreadable. And I hate stangnet.

@January 12, 2005, 7:28 PM
Ah, the good old grantsdale is back. Why do you always have to be so bitter? The guy was just answering your question.Actually I didn't mind, Altoid is challenging him for his spot.
He just had to let him know who is boss.
[/quote]

I don't need some spot on an internet forum I just ask people to fix up gross errors and he's not my boss, wow I'm not allowed to reply to his messages. Oh no I clearly broke that rule, just stop the drama all I want to do is talk about mustangs on a here.
Old 1/13/05, 04:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Altoid+January 13, 2005, 4:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Altoid @ January 13, 2005, 4:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Grantsdale@January 12, 2005, 5:34 PM
Originally posted by Altoid@January 12, 2005, 5:04 PM
Link says Toms River, NJ.
If you want to be a jerk, you picked the wrong guy. Did I ask where it was? No. I went to the link and found that out myself. I asked what the abbreviation was. If you don't have anything to add, never reply to one of my posts again.
Next time state you actually know where it is any maybe I won't have to fill you in.

Originally posted by crazyhorse@January 12, 2005, 7:36 PM
IF i missed Altoid's attitude from other posts and was wrong here I apologize. It just seemed out of line and very brisk.Just read his history of posts and quotes. All I have to say is WOW!!!!

Why would Brad jump in? What have I done that would get me in trouble? My only problem has been when someone’s post has horrible misspelling making it unreadable. And I hate stangnet.

@January 12, 2005, 7:28 PM
Ah, the good old grantsdale is back. Why do you always have to be so bitter? The guy was just answering your question.Actually I didn't mind, Altoid is challenging him for his spot.
He just had to let him know who is boss.

I don't need some spot on an internet forum I just ask people to fix up gross errors and he's not my boss, wow I'm not allowed to reply to his messages. Oh no I clearly broke that rule, just stop the drama all I want to do is talk about mustangs on a here. [/b][/quote]
Old 1/13/05, 04:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Grantsdale+January 13, 2005, 3:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grantsdale @ January 13, 2005, 3:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by tech@January 13, 2005, 1:57 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Grantsdale
@January 12, 2005, 2:56 PM

I'm trying to help people, not degrade them. Thanks for the volunteers here. Hopefully we'll see this system soon.
Nice post, I'll give you that, not easy to come up with a reply to. I wasn't attacking you, however, just the abbreviation. Being from the tristate area, I hear commercials for "New York/New Jersey Ford Dealers" all the time. I don't think its much of a stretch, with abbreviations for everything now-a-days, to get New Jersey/New York out of NJY, as in referring to the area. (The second N not there because it is a common letter to both sections) If it was just New Jersey, I would think people would use NJ. If you are making a post that refers to a location, and using a non-standard abbreviation, how are people supposed to know where the location is? I wouldn't use the abbreviation of my cities name if I was trying to point non-locals to a shop in my city, because they wouldn't know what I was talking about.

Again, wasn't anything personal, and it does make kind of sense, since almost all telcos use 3 letter abbreviations, but I thought it was something other than what it was.

Edit: As far as altoid goes, if anyone wants me to do more, just leave me PMs with links to his posts

Edit #2: tech check your PMs [/b][/quote]
Very cool Grantsdale, my opinion is changed. Check your PM.
Old 1/13/05, 05:00 PM
Bullitt Member

By the way if anyone is interested, SLP did send me a reply about their exhaust systems. It reads:

Thank you for your interests in SLP Performance Parts and Ford Mustang products.
SLP will be offering our new Mustang Axle-Back exhaust components with-in the next few weeks. SLP will be offering both Loud Mouth and Power Flo versions to give our potential customers a choice
Also, you may want to sign up for our Mustang contact us on our web-site, as we release new Mustang components, SLP will e-mail you releases, specials, pricing, text etc., keeping you informed of our progress.
I hope this helps.
Sincerely,
Kevin Woodruff @ SLP Performance Parts
Tech/Sales Manager

I thought it was pretty interesting. I'm going to start a new thread so people don't have to read through the drama first to get here.