2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Sketchy pricing at American Muscle

Search this Thread

Old 10/1/14, 09:57 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus
Ford4v429-That's a good recommendation and I'm more than happy to have your feedback sent over to the appropriate team! Hey Doug-Good question and that's a quick fix! We simply just need to have your accounts merged to the new email address. Either shoot us a call at 1-866-727-1266 or drop us a line at support[at]americanmuscle[dot]com and we'll get that set up for you! Alex
Really? Because I have the same issue and have asked multiple times to have the accounts consolidated, but I'm always told that it cannot be done. In addition, new orders are not being listed in my order history and the links for the older orders do not work. I was told they couldn't fix these either. I also sent a PM to AMDanBailer five days ago about the forum discount code not working on some items, but haven't heard back.
Old 10/1/14, 03:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Find me another company that will come on a enthusiast forum and basically do whatever it takes to get and keep your business. AM has some of the best customer service I have ever seen and I have gotten some the best deals from them but I noticed that when you find some crazy sale you need to jump right on it because they sell out fast.
Old 10/1/14, 07:06 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Doug-Good question and that's a quick fix! We simply just need to have your accounts merged to the new email address. Either shoot us a call at 1-866-727-1266 or drop us a line at support[at]americanmuscle[dot]com and we'll get that set up for you!

Alex

Thanks Alex, Will do.
Old 10/2/14, 07:00 AM
Tms Mustang Member ------ The Customizer!

Received 130 Likes on 93 Posts
Originally Posted by Flagstang
blame Canada
Haw Haw very funny.
Old 10/2/14, 09:45 AM
Former Vendor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by wheelman
Really? Because I have the same issue and have asked multiple times to have the accounts consolidated, but I'm always told that it cannot be done. In addition, new orders are not being listed in my order history and the links for the older orders do not work. I was told they couldn't fix these either. I also sent a PM to AMDanBailer five days ago about the forum discount code not working on some items, but haven't heard back.
Yes Sir-This can absolutely be done. We just need to know your new email address and your old email address, which you want used in the future and that's it! As per the code not working on certain items we have a few vendors here that won't allow us to discount their parts and if the parts on clearance/sale it may not be useable as well. Shoot me a PM with the part number you were looking at and I'm happy to look into it for you!

Originally Posted by DPHC13
Find me another company that will come on a enthusiast forum and basically do whatever it takes to get and keep your business. AM has some of the best customer service I have ever seen and I have gotten some the best deals from them but I noticed that when you find some crazy sale you need to jump right on it because they sell out fast.
We pride ourselves on our customer service here and I will personally bend over backwards to ensure that our customers are beyond satisfied with our parts and service. If there's ever an issue, problem, or question I want to be the first to hear about it!

Originally Posted by Autonut
Thanks Alex, Will do.

Sounds good! Keep me in the loop! This absolutely inst' foreign to our customer service department. All that needs to be done is physically change the ID number on your file and have it merged to your new account.

Alex
Old 10/2/14, 02:57 PM
V6 Member

Yes Sir-This can absolutely be done. We just need to know your new email address and your old email address, which you want used in the future and that's it! As per the code not working on certain items we have a few vendors here that won't allow us to discount their parts and if the parts on clearance/sale it may not be useable as well. Shoot me a PM with the part number you were looking at and I'm happy to look into it for you!

We pride ourselves on our customer service here and I will personally bend over backwards to ensure that our customers are beyond satisfied with our parts and service. If there's ever an issue, problem, or question I want to be the first to hear about it!

Sounds good! Keep me in the loop! This absolutely inst' foreign to our customer service department. All that needs to be done is physically change the ID number on your file and have it merged to your new account.

Alex

Alex,

Just got off the phone from your call center. Spoke to Ben, He tells me that this can't be done through the call center. What now?

Doug
Old 10/2/14, 07:45 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 10/3/14, 09:53 AM
Former Vendor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Autonut
Alex,

Just got off the phone from your call center. Spoke to Ben, He tells me that this can't be done through the call center. What now?

Doug
Doug,

I'm not sure where the miscommunication is on their end and I apologize but shoot us an email to support[at]americanmuscle[dot]com ATTN Alex in the subject line with both of your email addresses and let us know which email you're going to be using in the future and we'll have that fixed up today!
Old 10/4/14, 11:53 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Hey-Sorry to hear about that but shoot me a PM with your order number and I'll make this right for you!
You're a class act Alex. I have always had great service from AM, and will surely continue to buy from you folks.
Old 10/4/14, 05:08 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
All jokes aside, I love AM and their customer service and best prices. They rock!

Ebay is the one Id like to kick in the groin. Biggest crooks ever.
Old 10/4/14, 05:53 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gigantor
I'm wondering if what just happened to me is common at American Muscle. I received an email telling me that there is a clearance sale going on at AM and it ends on 9/30. I was interested on getting the Raxiom Coyote tail lights for my 06 Vert. I received the email on Thursday and I was going away for the weekend so I didn't feel there was urgency to place the order right away. On Sunday night I placed the item in my cart but didn't have my card handy so I said I'll wait till the morning. When I go to order them on Monday 9/29 the price has changed from 99.99 to 154.99. Spoke with Matt in customer service and he stated that whatever price is on the website is the price of the item. Even when I use the code from the email "AMSUMMER" it only takes off 10%.

Has anyone else encountered this problem with American Muscle?
Interesting comment. I was looking at some engraved door switch plates that were on sale for $99.00. Apparently they were a "clearance item." But I thought I would wait a few days to see if the Canadian Dollar went back up. I was going to say hell with it an order them yesterday (Friday October 04) only to find that the price for the switch plates is now $179.00 USD. So much for a clearance item at American Muscle. Funny thing is I have spent quite a few dollars at AM.

Last edited by poldrv; 10/4/14 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10/4/14, 05:53 PM
V6 Member

Doug,

I'm not sure where the miscommunication is on their end and I apologize but shoot us an email to support[at]americanmuscle[dot]com ATTN Alex in the subject line with both of your email addresses and let us know which email you're going to be using in the future and we'll have that fixed up today!

Sent you an e-mail this morning Alex.

Thanks
Doug
Old 10/5/14, 07:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by poldrv
Interesting comment. I was looking at some engraved door switch plates that were on sale for $99.00. Apparently they were a "clearance item." But I thought I would wait a few days to see if the Canadian Dollar went back up. I was going to say hell with it an order them yesterday (Friday October 04) only to find that the price for the switch plates is now $179.00 USD. So much for a clearance item at American Muscle. Funny thing is I have spent quite a few dollars at AM.

Glad to see I'm not the only one. I Also thought that "clearance" meant that they are selling existing stock at that price until it sells out and not going to stock that same item anymore. That's the way it works pretty much everywhere else I see clearance sales.
Old 10/6/14, 08:16 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Gigantor
Glad to see I'm not the only one. I Also thought that "clearance" meant that they are selling existing stock at that price until it sells out and not going to stock that same item anymore. That's the way it works pretty much everywhere else I see clearance sales.
Oh well now I am looking at another pair from another supplier. American Muscle's loss.
Old 10/6/14, 09:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by poldrv

Do you want some cheese with your wine, really, come on now, just like in the store, the prices can change anytime. If you see a good deal, then buy it, you can't cry over it later because you didn't jump on the deal.
Old 10/6/14, 09:46 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Rodsmustang
Do you want some cheese with your wine, really, come on now, just like in the store, the prices can change anytime. If you see a good deal, then buy it, you can't cry over it later because you didn't jump on the deal.

Number one rule in Marketing. Create urgency. Drop the price for a limited time to get you to purchase. It happens every where.

It will go on sale again. Christmas is coming..
Old 10/6/14, 10:05 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Rodsmustang

Do I want cheese with my wine? NO! What I want is truth in advertising!!!!!!!!!

If you are advertising that you have a clearance item then the price of the item should not change down the road. Obviously the switch plates where not a clearance item and AM should have been truthful in their advertising.

Last edited by poldrv; 10/6/14 at 10:08 AM.
Old 10/13/14, 08:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I received my lights from AM and of course they were a high quality item I've come to expect from AM. I was glad they honored the sale price because when I look at them I enjoy them soooo much more knowing that these really good looking lights only cost me $100. They went on right away as the fit was exactly as if it were OEM.

Thanks again Alex and AM.

Name:  20141013_165508.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  99.9 KB