2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Sirius Radio

Search this Thread

Old 5/22/04, 10:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by EleanorsMine+May. 22nd, 2004, 7:06 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (EleanorsMine @ May. 22nd, 2004, 7:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-icwspiker3@May. 22nd, 2004, 2:26 AM
Three words:

Opie & Anthony

If they go to Sirius, it's done, i'm there.

I'm hopin the 05 is Sirius compatible, but hopes are not up. I'll drop the cash for the kit in car and at home and be done with it.
They gave us Al Franken! Ugh. Xm got two new channels- America left and right. They also Canned Bubba the love sponge off the radio show channels He amused me. ( I know he got fired but still) and Won't take Stern, which I think is good... But I'm female.
And if you want ANY kind of interesting drive time talk you have to go with the sat. radio- our morning show fun here only runs 3 ways- two morons talking about their kids, two mornons with Vulcan the talking statue or two morons talking about being fat(and of course John Boy and Hillbilly). Yeech.
Give me some classic rock 24 hours a day, and I am pleased. [/b][/quote]
I grew up in Tampa where bubba dj'ed for 93.3...he was an idiot.
Old 5/22/04, 06:59 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@May. 22nd, 2004, 7:06 AM

They gave us Al Franken! .....Ugh.....
you can say that again.

Anyway, XM radio is great.
Old 5/23/04, 03:42 PM
Bullitt Member

so can I get sirius aftermarket now, and transfer it to my factory 05 stang if its an option? or do I need two subscriptions? Can you use one sirius subscription on two cars?
Old 5/23/04, 05:15 PM
Bullitt Member

u can add another radio to ur subscription for like 6 bucks or something. or if you have a portable unit you can take it between cars.
Old 5/23/04, 11:00 PM
Bullitt Member

I just seen on Sirius' site that you can pay 499.00 and have satellite radio for the life of the radio. You don't pay a dime beyond the initial $499. Would be a pretty sweet deal to roll that into negotiations on a new 05 if they offer Sirius.
Old 5/24/04, 06:25 AM

The only down side I see to the lifetime thing is, what if you get a newer car or the radio dies? If you buy Sirius by the year you can switch your subscription to different receivers. At least that is what it looked like when I bought mine. I love my Sirius. I bought two.....One for my 1992 Taurus that I drive once a month.

Gene
Old 5/24/04, 01:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Sirius is gonna add video by mid 2005 too. not that I would use it but should keep the kids quiet (three or four children stations)
Old 5/24/04, 08:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Any more SIRIUS reviews? I was thinking about maybe taking my radio into space.
Old 5/24/04, 08:53 PM
Bullitt Member

sirius

go to sirius.com u can listen on ur pc for 3 days free sign up as a guest.
Old 5/25/04, 05:34 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I have an XM review: Take it from the car, to the boombox to the house, with the same unit.
Commercial Free:
Decades- 40-90s no commercials and the stations sound like the decade they are playing

:rock:

Top Tracks- Excellent Rock

Deep Tracks- Great music that hasn't been over FM'ed

The Boneyard- Lots of Metallica, Megadeth and hair music

Fred Ethel and Lucy: Great alternative rock

Squizz and Fungus: great heavy stuff

Country

Commercials:
MTV and VH1

Fox news

Drivetime channels- traffic reports for major cities

Bad things:
On air with Ryan Seacrest(puke)

:rock: :rock: :rock:
Old 5/25/04, 06:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Sirius Satellite Radio CEO Joseph Clayton told stockholders on Tuesday the company's plans include a video service, wearable radios, and the signing of a top shock jock such as Howard Stern.

"Do we want Opie & Anthony? Do we want Mancow? Do we want Howard Stern?" Clayton said, referring to some of the most popular, though controversial, morning radio personalities. "We're talking to all of them."

Shock Jocks like Howard Stern have begun to talk about satellite radio as a potential outlet, given a regulatory push against broadcasts that are deemed indecent. None of the top names have yet moved over to satellite.

He reiterated the company's forecast for the year, saying Sirius would reach 1 million subscriptions and $75 million in revenue by year-end. He said his top executives would receivestock awards based on meeting those and other projections.

Clayton said the company's next generation of radios, which he calls generation 2.5, would reach stores in August accompanied by a marketing push heading into the holiday season.

The company's third generation of devices, due to market in the fall of 2005, will include much smaller, wearable radios, due to miniaturization achieved by chip supplier STMicroelectronics

Clayton said the company would introduce at least four but possibly as many as eight video channels targeted at children riding in the back seats of cars.

One million cars were sold with video equipment in the back seats in 2003 and 4 million are expected to be sold in 2004, he said.

"We are being pressed hard by our car partners to move into video," Clayton told Reuters.

Clayton expects the company to win approval to sell Sirius service in Canada in the first quarter of 2005 and is in talks with a Latin American partner to sell the service in Mexico.
Old 5/29/04, 07:37 PM
Bullitt Member

does anyone know how much the sirius radio option costs?
Old 6/1/04, 10:37 AM
GT Member

The only thing is, there is no "sat" button on the new mustang radio like there is on the old one. Check out the picture, bottom left corner...I suppose they could use the aux button though
Old 6/1/04, 10:42 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Or, it could be incorporated in the "band" button to cycle am/fm/sat.
Old 6/1/04, 10:59 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by crazyhorse@Jun. 1st, 2004, 10:45 AM
Or, it could be incorporated in the "band" button to cycle am/fm/sat.
That's probably a really good guess. Makes as much sense there as anywhere else.
Old 6/1/04, 11:28 AM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Not sure on the '05 availability in the Stang, but I do have a quick opinion of Sirius.....I LOVE IT! I have the Audiovox plug-n-play unit, so I can switch it back and forth between my car, the wife's and the boombox I keep in my office (and then in my garage on weekends). I will never listen to FM radio again. Love the "no commercials" aspect as well as the killer stations (my favorite is Octane) and the seek function where it will let you know when a song you like is on a different station than what you are listening to.
Old 6/1/04, 11:39 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

XM is owned by Clear Channel, So I'm automatically biased against it. Macarthyism is too kind a word for what they're pulling. At least people know what HE was up to, until the fines noone was talking about how much damage they were doing. If Howard Stern Doesn't get fired before his contract runs out he'll probably be on Sirius in 18 months. That or HBO.

I'm opposed to paying for internet, AND telephone, AND Cable/sat, AND radio all through spearate people on separate bills with different cables/boxes. If I can get one service that packages all into one line/box/bill they'll have me, until then I won't pay for radio.
Old 6/1/04, 01:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Moosetang@Jun. 1st, 2004, 1:42 PM
I'm opposed to paying for internet, AND telephone, AND Cable/sat, AND radio all through spearate people on separate bills with different cables/boxes. If I can get one service that packages all into one line/box/bill they'll have me, until then I won't pay for radio.
We offer all of that locally in our town through our work. We have basic cable, digital cable, pay-per-view, DMX (35 commercial free music channels), cable modem (128k, 256k and 512k), ISP, local telephone, 6 cent long distance, and security. All of this runs through the regular cable line and comes on one bill.

Our cable system is known as a Hybrid Fiber/Coax Network and more communities are trying to convert to this. Our biggest problem has been dealing with the wrath of BellSouth since we started offering telephone service.
Old 6/1/04, 05:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow. That's some slow cable internet..
Old 6/1/04, 05:33 PM
Banned

XM is owned by Clear Channel? Wow you learn something new every day.

Quick Reply: Sirius Radio