2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Sick Of The BS

Search this Thread

Old 5/5/05, 05:20 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Hlifino@May 5, 2005, 4:51 PM
I have had no problems at all with my order I called my deraler on 4/5/05 and asked him how long it would take to get a car or if it was even possible. he told me to give him a few days. I told him what i wanted and three days later he had a VIN for me. I called him a few weeks later told him i had just found out my Co offeres X plan and he said no problem. Sticker is 27,250 for our car and X plan cost is 25,015.00 so we saved huge. You just have to find the right dealer. The ford Store of Morgan Hill Ca is where I wnet through. jack Kitterman is my dealer. Below is the info I got from Blueovalnews.com about my order all the way through.

Hlifino - System Update
1ZVFT82H655209656

Receipt Date: 4/6/2005
Serialize Date: 4/7/2005
Segment Date: 4/7/2005
Sequence Date: 4/18/2005
Blend Date: 4/19/2005
Produced Date: 4/27/2005
Gate Release Date: 4/27/2005
Ship Date: 4/27/2005
Arrival Date:
Sold Date:
You are the exception. Many of us have been waiting for months (me since December) to get a car. I'm supposed to get X-plan, but they don't have to give you the discount if they don't get you a car.

It helps to be from California - us in the midwest have to wait and get the leftovers, I guess.

Brad
Old 5/5/05, 06:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by futurestang+May 5, 2005, 5:38 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(futurestang @ May 5, 2005, 5:38 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-KBONSIG@May 5, 2005, 10:34 AM
WOW- That's some feedback!
Those of you who think x-planers SHOULD have to wait longer then a MSRP order are wrong. If you have access to save money, why would you pass it up? My guess is that your company is not a vendor for Ford and you have no access to anyone who does.

If my 05 does NOT get built b/c of x-plan, I won't be happy. I would rather of made a deal to pay MSRP to get the car on time rather then get the run around.

I have all my info and I will not give up on my 05 order (although my rep is trying to make me). I told the sales manager I will be ordering another car (06) with a new deposit to sure that up.

As for SHAME on FORD- hey, a company like Acura would work 24-7 to get a car like this out - where is the overtime Ford? It's a shame b/c many people are going to get something else after waiting 6 months.

Think about the poor smuck that has a car on order, but no idea what's going on out there. Only to find out in a few weeks their car won't be build as a 05 - at least we can see it coming!
It has nothing to do with Xplan. You'll find plenty of xplan people here who have received their cars, you will also find plenty of A/Z plan people like me who have received their cars. You'll conversely find a lot of NON-x plan (or any plan) people who haven't received their cars. It all has to do with allocation and nothing at all to do with X-plan. Your dealer gets a certain number of GTs a month, if you go to a smaller dealer, he has less. It all depends what number he places you on the queue. SOme dealers will place you lower on the queue if you're x plan simply because they can sell that same spot you would take for $3000 over invoice. Some, like my dealer, sell so many cars and want to establish a relationship with a buyer that they'll give you an allocation spot regardless. But to keep saying xplans arent being built is untrue. Its all ALLOCATION. Your car possibly not being built is because you didn't nag the dealer repeatedly like a lot of us to make sure you had a high enough allocation while you waited to ensure you would get built this year. When I first ordered my GT premium in December 2004, I had researched allocation before I even ordered and I shopped dealers, till I found a general manager (and I talked to noone less than the GM) who told me in no uncertain terms that my A/Z plan order would not affect my allocation, and that I would get the next spot in line, and I did. It took 4 months to get my GT, but the person one spot above mine also had a 4 month wait. The dealership I went to was also the largest volume dealer in Washington and had a large allocation, so I did research on that too. And by the way, I called my dealer every week for the past 4 months, and I asked the same question. It wasn't are A-plans being built, it was simple, what spot am I? And how many cars are there above mine? And how many slots do you have a month? Those are the questions you should have nagged your dealership with every week. Ford is cranking out as many as it can, with the shortages and all the legal troubles, theyre going to produce what? hundreds of thousands, a huge increase over last year. This isnt a low production car. In this day and age, 200,000 a year is a HUGE number. Simply put, if you're calling your dealer and status checking and getting anything other than a "there are 3 cars now ahead of you" and then "there are 2 cars now ahead of you", etc. then it's time to realize your dealer is jerking you around. That's the only type of status for unscheduled vehicles you should be getting.
[/b][/quote]

I do ask the right questions, and from day 1 they have told me that all cars go in as priorty 10 at my dealership. I questioned that and they said Ford will go by the order date if that is the case. I guess by everyone going in as 10 they get a better shot at getting cars produced.

I think they are trying to scare people out of a 05 - a guy ahead of me pulled his order, and i'm (so i'm told) next in line. I also asked my rep flat out if my car not getting built is a result of my x plan, but he said no.

At the end of the day, If i pulled out of my 05 GT, and it still got built - they would sell it for more. Although this dealership has won the Ford Presidents award for customer service in sales, they have a great rep as a dealer in this area. I would say a mid-volume dealer for north Jersey.

So I do question if they are real or full of SH$%. They even say on their website that they are NOT charging preimum for Mustangs.

I get two storys from the sales manager and my rep. I ask my rep to call me and follow up on things (changed my color on my order Monday) and I'm still waiting for a phone call back. Tomorrow i'm going to talk with the Sales Manager to make sure it got done.

I just have to think being x-plan does not help my matter. we shall see!
Old 5/5/05, 08:49 PM

I used the X plan and really believe my wait was due to allocation, not the plan. My dealer was very upfront about taking the X Plan, it was definitely not a problem.
Old 5/5/05, 08:51 PM
Bullitt Member

BTW- As of May 4th C&U >(
Old 5/5/05, 08:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Brandy@May 5, 2005, 9:52 PM
I used the X plan and really believe my wait was due to allocation, not the plan. My dealer was very upfront about taking the X Plan, it was definitely not a problem.
A V6 Stang is not in demand like a GT - the allocation problem is on the GT.
Old 5/5/05, 09:30 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I had the same prob w/ a GT I had ordered before. I ordered on Jan 16 with Xplan and was priority10 as well. A week ago I was called and confirmed mine would not be available for 2005, and was #62 for an 06. I know that isn't the best feeling in the world when you hopes are downed by a dealership.

I decided to get a V6 instead and do not regret it one bit.
good luck to you Kyle.
Old 5/5/05, 09:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by ManEHawke@May 5, 2005, 10:33 PM
I had the same prob w/ a GT I had ordered before. I ordered on Jan 16 with Xplan and was priority10 as well. A week ago I was called and confirmed mine would not be available for 2005, and was #62 for an 06. I know that isn't the best feeling in the world when you hopes are downed by a dealership.

I decided to get a V6 instead and do not regret it one bit.
good luck to you Kyle.
Thanks Bro - Gotta keep the faith! Hey, Congrats on your car! I have to stick it out and wait and see what happens. I miss the power of a V8 after selling my 97 C5 - if it takes a year, so be it. All I know is that I will be a pain in the A## for my dealer until my order comes through!
Old 5/6/05, 08:59 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Hlifino@May 5, 2005, 2:51 PM
I have had no problems at all with my order I called my deraler on 4/5/05 and asked him how long it would take to get a car or if it was even possible. he told me to give him a few days. I told him what i wanted and three days later he had a VIN for me. I called him a few weeks later told him i had just found out my Co offeres X plan and he said no problem. Sticker is 27,250 for our car and X plan cost is 25,015.00 so we saved huge. You just have to find the right dealer. The ford Store of Morgan Hill Ca is where I wnet through. jack Kitterman is my dealer. Below is the info I got from Blueovalnews.com about my order all the way through.
Strangely I ordered from the same dealer 3 weeks earlier and I'm still unscheduled. What are the specs on your car? Man, I must have kicked a lot of puppies in a former life :bang:
Old 5/6/05, 10:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

If you do not want to wait any longer and are concerned whether or not the car will be built you can contact every Ford dealership within a few hundred miles.
E-mail everyone of them, telling them what you want ie. IUP, color, theft, shaker etc. Tell them you want to pay x-plan. You will get your car at x-plan but may have to settle on upgraded wheels or some other option. It's better than waiting for an 06. It does not hurt to try.
Old 5/6/05, 10:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by icemant180@May 6, 2005, 11:04 PM
If you do not want to wait any longer and are concerned whether or not the car will be built you can contact every Ford dealership within a few hundred miles.
E-mail everyone of them, telling them what you want ie. IUP, color, theft, shaker etc. Tell them you want to pay x-plan. You will get your car at x-plan but may have to settle on upgraded wheels or some other option. It's better than waiting for an 06. It does not hurt to try.
No dealership is going to give you x-plan for a GT on their lot. I emailed one of the largest GT dealers around (Near Tampa, Fla) and even they said no dealers are interested in selling a car for x plan. They claim that they have sold all inventory GT's at 2k over MSRP.

My dealer even said that I got the last X-Plan GT as well. I think this car got really hot around March and dealers are not wondering why they sold cars for x plan and are pissed that they can't book any for dealer inventory.

I'll wait for the 06 If I have too. All I know is if my car is built, I have all the back up (DORA) to know it IS mine, and I will take it. If any funny stuff happens - It's nice to have a wife that's a lawyer!
Old 5/7/05, 12:18 AM
Team Mustang Source

No dealership is going to give you x-plan for a GT on their lot. I emailed one of the largest GT dealers around (Near Tampa, Fla) and even they said no dealers are interested in selling a car for x plan. They claim that they have sold all inventory GT's at 2k over MSRP.
This is how I bought mine from a very small dealer. They may not have one on the lot yet, but they could have already ordered what you want. Don't go by what one or two dealers are telling you.
Old 5/7/05, 06:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Kyle, What dealer?
Old 5/7/05, 08:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by hispony@May 7, 2005, 7:43 AM
Kyle, What dealer?
Brandon Ford In Florida. Here is a past of his email to me:

"2005 Mustangs are one of the hardest cars to find in 2005, These cars still sell for over sticker price at the used car auctions. No dealerships are interested in selling these cars for a minimal profit. I have one of the largest selections of Mustangs in the country, I don't have an exact match to your request in my inventory, but might have something close to what you are looking for. We sell and have sold all our 2005 Mustangs for $2500 over MSRP."

I have my GT ordered at Verner-Cadby Ford, Fairfield NJ.
Old 5/7/05, 01:13 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by mcomb+May 6, 2005, 8:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mcomb @ May 6, 2005, 8:02 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Hlifino@May 5, 2005, 2:51 PM
Strangely I ordered from the same dealer 3 weeks earlier and I'm still unscheduled. What are the specs on your car? Man, I must have kicked a lot of puppies in a former life :bang:
[/b][/quote]

Mike,
I have been talking to the same guy at the same place since 3/25 as a back up to my original order, so am in the same boat as you. The guy that got his car so fast must have walked into one that they had ordered long ago and the options lined up with what he wanted. That is the only way someone can get a GT in under a month right now from an order.

And for me I don't think I've ever been mean to a puppy, but I have definitely kicked a few cats. That whole karma thing is a PITA.
Old 5/7/05, 04:32 PM

Mike,
I have been talking to the same guy at the same place since 3/25 as a back up to my original order, so am in the same boat as you. The guy that got his car so fast must have walked into one that they had ordered long ago and the options lined up with what he wanted. That is the only way someone can get a GT in under a month right now from an order.

And for me I don't think I've ever been mean to a puppy, but I have definitely kicked a few cats. That whole karma thing is a PITA.
[/quote]

Well not sure about your orders but that is really not the case. The dealer had pre-ordered however I did not like what the dealer had ordered well should I say my wife did not like what was ordered. :bang: The car is for my wife and she did not want the car as it was ordered. She did not want the IUP, she did not want the upgrades wheels and she did want things that were not on the orginal order. I guess I was just lucky maybe the fact of no IUP made up for it duno. I am just glad it getting here.

As for puppies I can't say I remember every kicking any maybe puklled a tail or two. Now as for Whitetail deer, Elk and Antelope I going to heck for sure for all of those that I have shot. :worship: