2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Should I even bother??

Search this Thread

Old 10/2/07, 02:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should I even bother??

I just needed some input from you guys on this.

I have already replaced the stock GT axel backs with a set of Magnaflows. I'm pretty happy with them but I still have a nagging question in my head as to whether I would like the FRPP GTA's a lot better (not the stingers). I'm looking for a deeper sounding exhaust note, but not necessarily louder, a little louder is ok though. So, do you think I should stay with the Magnaflows or would it be worth it to get the GTA's?
Thanks,
Mark
Old 10/2/07, 02:13 PM
GT Member

flowmasters........ hands down the best axle backs ive heard.... unless u get the pypes violaters with the beast h pipe then i would go for that
Old 10/2/07, 02:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

I really like my GTAs, but IMHO, they are very subtle...only a little louder than stock in most driving. They come alive at WOT above 3500 RPM or so.
Old 10/2/07, 02:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GTMark052
I just needed some input from you guys on this.

I have already replaced the stock GT axel backs with a set of Magnaflows. I'm pretty happy with them but I still have a nagging question in my head as to whether I would like the FRPP GTA's a lot better (not the stingers). I'm looking for a deeper sounding exhaust note, but not necessarily louder, a little louder is ok though. So, do you think I should stay with the Magnaflows or would it be worth it to get the GTA's?
Thanks,
Mark
I think the GTA are really similar to your magnaflow. It is not worth it in my opinion. If you want something actually deep and loud, then get the stingers.
Old 10/2/07, 02:45 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm a noobie here so don't tear me apart on this one...

But who makes the Stingers? I'm assuming they're axle-backs?

I'm thinking about getting an axle-back setup myself and I'm looking for that deep sound as well...

Don't mean to threadjack...Just looking for the same sound!
Old 10/2/07, 04:29 PM
Bullitt Member

You want a Mean Loud sound??? SLP LoudMouths Period...It is not a muffler, just a pipe...It is Hot, Mean and Loud...I would not trade them for anything...JMO.
Old 10/3/07, 02:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
+1 Slp
Old 10/3/07, 09:43 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stingers are made by Borla.

Borla also made them for FRPP. They sell them as a FRPP product, but I'm not sure of the part number.
Old 10/3/07, 11:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

I have the GTA's and I absolutley love them. No drone at all either. I've also noticed the get a little louder as time goes by. Possibly after they've gone thru the "break in" period.
Old 10/3/07, 11:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for your input guys. I was looking for something a little bit louder (at low speed) but not too much. I come and go to work at odd hours and don't want to pi$$ the neighbors off by waking them up.

MustangKid91: I had originally ordered the Flowmasters as replacement for my stock exhaust. While I was waiting for them to arrive, I had come across the thread where people were complaining about the loose baffle issue (rattling noises). That kind of concerned me. When the Flows arrived the box looked like UPS used it as a crash test dummy There were large holes in the box where the intake side muffle pipes had stuck through and the pipes were bent into a D shape at the ends. I sent them back and got the Magnaflows instead. After I installed them I found that a lot of people liked the GTA's Thats how I got here.

DevilR6: Here is a link to the FRPP stingers
http://www.blueovalindustries.com/pr...p?pid=99012444
Old 10/3/07, 11:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GTMark052
DevilR6: Here is a link to the FRPP stingers
http://www.blueovalindustries.com/pr...p?pid=99012444
Thank you sir...:thumbup

I'm kinda liking the SLPs now that I've heard them...

But it doesn't look like there are mufflers at all...Do you know if they pass emissions?
Old 10/3/07, 12:06 PM
V6 Member

Vegas & other SLP fans,

Are the Loudmouths overly burbly? Do they sound blatty, or what some may refer to to as "trumpeting"?

Also, I seem to recall some folks saying they take forever to line-up correctly? I also want more than the stock exaust is giving me, and I don't just want it at WOT. I guess I want to revert closer to my ol' 5.0 days:
BBK shorty's, off-road X, flowmaster 40's. Now THAT, combined with my intake mods was loud as all get-out. But, it was also drone-city (I mean teeth rattling), and attracted the wrong kind of attention.

I want brash & proud, but not ridiculous. In that LX I had, I did my own radio-delete,.....as there was just no use. Between the noise of the tranny and motor, you could'nt hear a thing!! Ahhhhh, twas cool.
Old 10/3/07, 12:26 PM
V6 Member

Stay with the magnaflows and save your money. You probably already dished out a lot, magnaflows real expensive. Gtas are a good touch up on the stock exhaust. Would be great for those looking into a little deeper exhaust note. Hard to justify switching over from the magnaflows though. They both are a little deeper than stock, but not too much. I have an o/r h and stingers and they just grew on me. But they just aren't loud enough.
Old 10/3/07, 05:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jonztang
Vegas & other SLP fans,

Are the Loudmouths overly burbly? Do they sound blatty, or what some may refer to to as "trumpeting"?

Also, I seem to recall some folks saying they take forever to line-up correctly? I also want more than the stock exaust is giving me, and I don't just want it at WOT. I guess I want to revert closer to my ol' 5.0 days:
BBK shorty's, off-road X, flowmaster 40's. Now THAT, combined with my intake mods was loud as all get-out. But, it was also drone-city (I mean teeth rattling), and attracted the wrong kind of attention.

I want brash & proud, but not ridiculous. In that LX I had, I did my own radio-delete,.....as there was just no use. Between the noise of the tranny and motor, you could'nt hear a thing!! Ahhhhh, twas cool.
They sound just like a Mustang should sound. Everyone has their own opinion on this subject. You do not need anything else. Easy to install, took about 45 minutes, no issues at all. And when I turned the key on....WOW...The best sound ever. Just like the old Muscle cars of the 60's and 70's. I have the perfect set up. Mean, Loud and Hot all in one package. I recommend this set up to anyone.

I seen a video on utube with this set up. I was sold on that video. Check it out...
Old 10/3/07, 06:14 PM
V6 Member

i love my SLP's!