2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Should be a Commercial

Search this Thread

Old 11/28/04, 10:43 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In 1968, shortly after my birth, my father special ordered a 1968 GT Fastback, 302, 4 speed, fold down rear seat, headrests (yes yes yes) and a bunch of other options. It was a car he had seen and fallen in love with. Limegold with black C-Stripe of course.

Shortly following my 16th birthday my parents bequeathed her to me and I've had her ever since. We've always kept the title in dad's name for resale value, though that is sacrilege to mention the mere thought. I was tormented by the shortsighted youth of my high school friends who kept pestering me over the color. They called it green, which led to one of my nicknames at the time, "LGD". "Lime Gold darn it!" became my favored expression. I love that girl. She's my prize possession.

Last week I drove through the local Ford dealership to look for a new van to hall all my musical equipment. As I pulled into the parking, fate directed my eyes upon the Legend Lime 2005, bashfully waiting for me. My jaw dropped. I looked over my shoulder to see if my girl, the sixty-eight had seen me. Of course not, she was at home in her room. I had seen pin ups of the new mustang and in the back of my mind a distant voice had been calling out to me youthfully for weeks. I hadn't known that my favorite color was being offered. Those designers were taunting me with their tantalizing visions of youth. It was love at first sight. My adulteration had begun. I drove it and was hooked, though it was the V6 non-GT, and an automatic.

I came back one week later for another fix, and they had a GT in stock. She was wearing all black, but still beautiful. I drove her and visions of my youth came flooding back into my head (minus the acne, bad music, and clothing). I couldn't handle the pressure. My order came on the spot, not much foreplay that day.

Now the wait... They are saying 8-12 weeks for my mail order bride! What a tease my lime girlfriend has become. I guess it's the price of two-timing my sixty-eight. Now I must join an unreformed religion that allows bigamy, though the two beautiful women might still not understand. I haven’t told my sixty-eight yet that a younger, sleeker woman is coming.

I find it ironic that my father and I both ordered and fell in love with these cars. It is a true testament to the saying about turning into your parents.
Old 11/28/04, 11:04 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by fleasome@November 28, 2004, 11:46 AM
I haven’t told my sixty-eight yet that a younger, sleeker woman is coming.

If I were you, I don't think I would tell 'her' either!

After all, what 'woman' would like to hear that another girl 36 years younger is moving in?

Congrats on your order!