2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Seperate Alarm Sounder NOT included

Search this Thread

Old 6/7/05, 04:26 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by kivnic@June 6, 2005, 4:25 PM
To open both windows via the remote, hold down the unlock button for several seconds.
That's the feature Ford disabled because of security issues. Justin, you must have one of those that was produced before Ford dropped this feature! I think there are a few threads on this.
Old 6/7/05, 07:55 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by kivnic@June 6, 2005, 3:25 PM
Global and Central Locking? When you press the remote's lock button, both doors should lock. To open both doors, press the unlock button twice in quick succession. To open both windows via the remote, hold down the unlock button for several seconds.

Yours isnt working that way?

By central locking I meant the that key in the drivers door lock should operate the locks of both the driver and passenger doors. if you lock the drivers door with the key, the passenger door will unlock and if you unlock the drivers door and unlock it again the passenger door should unlock.

This feature does not work on my car, but so far no one can tell me why. Granted I won't have much use for this feature, but there are times when I don't want to take the remote with me, like going to the beach.

Anyway, I generally love the car, which is why these little things get me so frustrated. Ford got SOOOO close but goofed up on the details.
Old 6/7/05, 10:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

It seems like I remember an Explorer we had having this and you had to turn the key a second time to unlock the other doors. Could be wrong though.
Old 6/7/05, 10:50 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by AWmustang@June 7, 2005, 7:58 AM
By central locking I meant the that key in the drivers door lock should operate the locks of both the driver and passenger doors. if you lock the drivers door with the key, the passenger door will unlock and if you unlock the drivers door and unlock it again the passenger door should unlock.

This feature does not work on my car, but so far no one can tell me why. Granted I won't have much use for this feature, but there are times when I don't want to take the remote with me, like going to the beach.

Anyway, I generally love the car, which is why these little things get me so frustrated. Ford got SOOOO close but goofed up on the details.
I was looking at your delivery date - yeah see Celtic Cubs post - the central locking was tied in with the global window feature if I remember right, so when they disabled that for that security issue, the central lcoking was affected as well. (probably due to the fact that it also puts the windows UP if they are down when you use the central lcoking feature).

The functionality is there- your was one of the ones it was disabled on though.
Old 6/7/05, 12:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

I just went out and tested my alarm and here's what I found (car has a 4/2 build date):

1. Central locking works fine - global window feature is disabled.
2. One press flashes lights - two chirps the horn when activating the active alarm.
3. Motion sensors cause a 'baaaah baaaah baaaah baaaah' sounding tone from the location of the front grill.
4. The panic button causes the exact same tone from the same location.
Old 6/7/05, 01:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by biznazion@June 7, 2005, 12:25 PM
I just went out and tested my alarm and here's what I found (car has a 4/2 build date):

2. One press flashes lights - two chirps the horn when activating the active alarm.
3. Motion sensors cause a 'baaaah baaaah baaaah baaaah' sounding tone from the location of the front grill.

huh? a baaah baaaah baaah sound? Did you run over a sheep?

All I hear is the horn on mine built 10-07-2005
Old 6/7/05, 11:25 PM

Originally posted by CelticCub@June 7, 2005, 3:29 AM
That's the feature Ford disabled because of security issues. Justin, you must have one of those that was produced before Ford dropped this feature! I think there are a few threads on this.
sweet! I had no idea. Definately nice to know though.
Old 6/8/05, 07:26 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by biznazion@June 7, 2005, 12:25 PM

so when you have both doors unlocked, and then put the key in the door and lock the drivers door, the passenger locks as well??? you do NOT use the remote for central locking.

I'm just makin sure because there is a lock of confusion out there between central locking and remote locking.
Old 6/8/05, 09:00 AM

The "separate security sounder" is mounted in the rear quarter panel and sounds at the same time as the traffic horns (which are mounted in the front grille) when Active Anti Theft is triggered.

Pressing PANIC on the keyfob only sounds the traffic horns.

The traffic horns are pretty loud and may drown out the security sounder, but it's there.
Old 6/8/05, 10:55 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by klous@June 7, 2005, 11:55 AM
huh? a baaah baaaah baaah sound? Did you run over a sheep?

All I hear is the horn on mine built 10-07-2005
I knew somebody would say something like that... I thought the same thing right after i posted it.
Old 6/8/05, 11:01 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by AWmustang@June 8, 2005, 5:29 AM
so when you have both doors unlocked, and then put the key in the door and lock the drivers door, the passenger locks as well??? you do NOT use the remote for central locking.

I'm just makin sure because there is a lock of confusion out there between central locking and remote locking.
Yes - all with the key for central locking tests. Based on other threads here it seems that I might be able to get my global windows working if I could find a dealer to try activating them.
Old 6/8/05, 08:57 PM

Cool

Originally posted by buschman@June 8, 2005, 8:03 AM
The "separate security sounder" is mounted in the rear quarter panel and sounds at the same time as the traffic horns (which are mounted in the front grille) when Active Anti Theft is triggered.

Pressing PANIC on the keyfob only sounds the traffic horns.

The traffic horns are pretty loud and may drown out the security sounder, but it's there.
hmm...this sounds like exactly what I was looking for. I'm not hip to the lingo though i guess... when you say rear quarter panel, what does that refer to specifically? Is that something I can open easily to have a look inside?

Thanks!
Old 6/8/05, 10:47 PM

Originally posted by dynaflash@June 6, 2005, 4:21 PM
Mine has a second sounder. It is inside the right rear fender. You can not see it, but you can hear it. Mine also rolls down the windows and has motion sensors that detect inside movement. If you have any questions PM me and I will help where I can. I paid extra for this alarm and you better believe I checked to make sure it worked. Thanks and Good Luck, Mark

This is what he is talking about when he says rear quarter panel.
Old 6/29/05, 01:07 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by kivnic@June 6, 2005, 3:25 PM
Global and Central Locking? When you press the remote's lock button, both doors should lock. To open both doors, press the unlock button twice in quick succession. To open both windows via the remote, hold down the unlock button for several seconds.

Yours isnt working that way?
Mine does not work, thats for sure, held it for 30 seconds!!!
Old 6/29/05, 01:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by AWmustang@June 7, 2005, 7:58 AM

I agree, all the above things DO NOT work on my car either, that is not right at all, it is advertise as such, and it should work or be made to work....FALSE ADVERTISING :notnice:
Old 6/29/05, 05:24 AM
GT Member

ford has always had the once for driver, twice for the whole car feature. My 02 focus has it, my 00 ranger had it, my 98 Explorer had it. I have never seen a ford car with keyless entry that didnt have it
Old 6/30/05, 01:08 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by metfoo@June 29, 2005, 5:27 AM
ford has always had the once for driver, twice for the whole car feature. My 02 focus has it, my 00 ranger had it, my 98 Explorer had it. I have never seen a ford car with keyless entry that didnt have it
I don't think that is what is being complained about.
Old 6/30/05, 01:22 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well today my alarm went off. I had the windows rolled down and someone must have gotten too close. From inside the building I first heard the normal horn just honking away. Then after about 15 seconds the pitch of the horn changed. It got a lot higher, then even higher. I eventually got within range to turn it off. Odd part was I thought if the alarm went off due to the motion detectors and the windows were rolled down, that the windows should roll up. Mine did not roll up.
Old 6/30/05, 01:36 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@June 30, 2005, 1:25 PM
Well today my alarm went off. I had the windows rolled down and someone must have gotten too close. From inside the building I first heard the normal horn just honking away. Then after about 15 seconds the pitch of the horn changed. It got a lot higher, then even higher. I eventually got within range to turn it off. Odd part was I thought if the alarm went off due to the motion detectors and the windows were rolled down, that the windows should roll up. Mine did not roll up.
The windows never roll up when you aren't actually at the car (i.e, key in door or finger on button on the door) the liability is too great.
Old 6/30/05, 01:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

I remember a note on a thread some place that indicated that Ford decided to remove the global opening feature from the active anti-theft
due to some concern that it might mal-function and lower the windows uncommanded. Does anyone know if this is true.

Quick Reply: Seperate Alarm Sounder NOT included