2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Seperate Alarm Sounder NOT included

Search this Thread

Old 6/6/05, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

According to product literature, the 2005 Mustang's "Active Anti-theft" system includes a "seperate alarm sounder". The thing is, it's not actually on the car!

I've talked to 2 dealers, and 3 Ford customer service representatives, and none of them are aware of this issue, and NONE of them had even ever heard of a "seperate alarm sounder". I can always direct them to the literature documenting that it's supposed to be there, and then they see it and beleive me, but they dont know anything about it and apparently no on else has complained. They dont seem able to do anything since no technical bulletin exists on the subject.

Can anyone in this forum say for SURE that their alarm includes the seperate sounder? Has anyone else succeeded in getting a dealer to install one for free after the fact?

An interesting twist on events... I called Ford Customer Service yet again today, and mysteriously, the records for my VIN now claim that I do NOT have the "Active Anti-theft", even though the records claimed differently the last time I called, and even though my Window sticker and Dealer contract all say I do. Oh, and also, the motion sensors, which only come with the Active Anti theft system are plainly visible in the car

I'm really starting to feel that Ford isnt playing fair here and I dont know how to resolve the issue. I've been polite and very patient (I contacted them originally 6 months ago). Does anyone have info on this? Anyone offer me advice on how to get this resolved?

Thanks
Old 6/6/05, 03:06 PM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
The literature said I was going to get global opening for my windows and central locking too. Those aren't on my car, so why would anything else they promised me.
Old 6/6/05, 03:22 PM

Originally posted by AWmustang@June 6, 2005, 2:09 PM
The literature said I was going to get global opening for my windows and central locking too. Those aren't on my car, so why would anything else they promised me.
Global and Central Locking? When you press the remote's lock button, both doors should lock. To open both doors, press the unlock button twice in quick succession. To open both windows via the remote, hold down the unlock button for several seconds.

Yours isnt working that way?
Old 6/6/05, 03:59 PM
Bullitt Member

What makes you think it does not have a separate alarm sounder? (Besides what the dealer says, since they might kist be guessing...)
Old 6/6/05, 04:12 PM

When the alarm goes off all I hear is the regular horn beeping. Dealer and CS have not been able to give me any info on what the seperate sounder should sound like or where it should be located. I envision a siren or something though... something "seperate" from the horn. Do you know what it's supposed to be? Have you ever heard the second sounder?
Old 6/6/05, 04:16 PM
FR500 Member

The red button sounds my alarm :scratch:
Old 6/6/05, 04:18 PM
V6 Member

Mine has a second sounder. It is inside the right rear fender. You can not see it, but you can hear it. Mine also rolls down the windows and has motion sensors that detect inside movement. If you have any questions PM me and I will help where I can. I paid extra for this alarm and you better believe I checked to make sure it worked. Thanks and Good Luck, Mark
Old 6/6/05, 04:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm with you Justin.
All I get is the horn.
The darn thing has gone off at least 20 times from having family members and friends poke their heads inside.

It also turns off by itself if you didn't know.
The message center will tell you that there has been a security event.
Old 6/6/05, 04:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

i have a seperate alarm sounder. in the grill of the front of the car there are 2 black plastic objects that are 1. the horn and 2. the alarm sounder. shall i go get a pic?
Old 6/6/05, 05:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 94tbird@June 6, 2005, 5:42 PM
i have a seperate alarm sounder. in the grill of the front of the car there are 2 black plastic objects that are 1. the horn and 2. the alarm sounder. shall i go get a pic?
Are they both for the horn?
Can you verify that one is for the alarm and what type of tone is it?
Old 6/6/05, 05:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

different tone entirely from the horn. i made myself deaf testing this. put my hear to one and hit the panic button on remote. sound came from only 1 of the 2 sounders. i locked the doors twice in a row to get the quick beep and it came from the other sounder. i am now completely deaf
Old 6/6/05, 05:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

pic of the 2 sounders. if i remember right left one was horn, right one was the alarm. id test it again n tell you which was which for sure but im deaf
Old 6/6/05, 05:33 PM
V6 Member

I read the same thing somewhere and now that I check all I get is the normal horn sounding and the lights flashing. Motion detectors and hood alarm sensors work as designed.
Old 6/6/05, 05:47 PM

Thanks for the pic Ron!
I don't understand though why one sounder would be for the beeps and another for the alarm. Why would they do that? Isnt the point of a 2nd sounder to give you twice that 'horn protection' noise when your car is being broken into?

Your info is definately helpful, but I still feel like we're missing a peice of the puzzle.
Old 6/6/05, 05:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

im not sure. thats how mine works? maybe my baby is a freak or a mutant? lol
Old 6/6/05, 09:38 PM

crap... maybe I was wrong. I tried your tests Ron. I first set off the alarm with the panic button, and it was definately only the horn going. Then, (with some earplugs in=) I touched both black canisters behind the grill. From the vibrations, they seemed to be both going off... they both sounded like horns to me though. Are those 2 "sounders", or are they parts of the same horn unit???? (no idea)

Anyhow, I tried doing that trick where you leave the windows rolled down and then wave your hand around in the cabin after a few minutes. When the alarm went off from the motion sensor... I finally heard a second tone.

It's pretty weird that it doesnt go off from the Panic button. I hope the alarm is robust enough to actually stop a theif.

BTW, can anyone with the "Passive Alarm System" confirm that they only have 1 canister behind the grill?
Old 6/6/05, 09:44 PM

I was just thinking, if those are Both of the sounders right there behind the front grill, then a car theif would have REALLLY easy access to them.
Old 6/6/05, 10:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

when i hit the panic button i definately have a second distinct tone different from the regular horn
Old 6/7/05, 12:30 AM
Cobra R Member

Well while were on the subject of alarms etc. Does anyones alarm flash lights when disarming. I always found that helpful if you were looking for your car in a parking lot after a show or something. Seems it only flashes when you arm it. Is that how its supposed to be. If there is a way to flash lights when disarming, please let me know . Thanks for any info.
Old 6/7/05, 02:08 AM
Bullitt Member

This is what I do to find car at night. I unlock the doors, then lock it. The lights flash. Hit the lock button again and the horn sounds. But with my 05, I don't park it anywhere at night. It's always home in the garage or I'm driving it!
Happy Trails!!!

Quick Reply: Seperate Alarm Sounder NOT included