2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

SEMA Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 10/23/04, 05:25 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@October 23, 2004, 6:48 PM
GrantsDale -

Actually, I just reread the other thread. I posted the computer print outs of this Stang, and said it was the SEMA Mustang. I ALSO said I sat in a Cobra Prototype, which I got very poor camera phone pics of. I explained later that it was a GT with a Cobra R engine in it. In addition, I explained that I didnt ask all the questions you all did, etc. If you re-read the first post, I said there were 3 05s. One up on blocks, that is just a shell and used for fabrication, the white one with the Cobra R engine, and the SEMA one.

Is there going to be several Stangs in the Ford booth? Ok... but does that make this any less a SEMA Mustang? No. I wonder why it is that you are so heck bent on bursting my bubble?

Yes, 3D Carbon is doing body mods for the 05. I have not yet clarified what Ernie meant when he said "Cobra Prototype". All I know is the car I sat in had a Cobra R engine in it, and the one you see pictured here is going to be in the Ford SEMA Booth.

Beach Auto is doing the audio, Lansiers is doing the paint, 3D Carbon is doing the kits, so is that what I should have made the thread title? Jimmney XMas man, gimme a break!

Here, just for you... "Pics of a dismantled Painted GT that will be in the SEMA Ford Booth", and "Sat in a White GT with a Cobra R Engine" Can someone change the thread titles for me?

Better GrantsDale?
Right, but the old thread title was "sat in a cobra prototype" ... that it was not, which was what got you all the "naysayers" as you put it. We never doubted you once you corrected and said it was an 05 with a cobra engine in it, we were only commenting on the fact that you said that it was a cobra prototype. I was just replying because you called us naysayers, if we had known it was only the engine and not "a cobra prototype" we wouldn't have doubted you.

And yes, you are correct, no matter what, it is a SEMA mustang and there are going to be many other SEMA stangs. I know that, you know that, brad knows that, the people that have been here for months know that. However, the people that come here for the first time might not know that there are supposed to be ... what is it? 17? ... stangs at SEMA. Thats all I was saying, is that to someone who doesn't know better it might be misleading. To people that do, it isn't.

I wasn't trying to take away from your post or anything, just replying to the parts that I thought needed replying to ... maybe I should have suggested "A sema mustang" or "one of the sema mustangs" as the thread title ... sigh ... it seems like on this forum that if you make any ontopic comments they are always taken the wrong way. I think I'll reply off topic from now on and see who that offends note that last part is not to you jessica
Old 10/23/04, 05:26 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Dont know the kind of tires, hubby got a close up pic, but I dont know if you can read the name on it... Here they are.

BlackRiderX, I am in Huntington Beach CA. The car is being worked on by HB shops.
Old 10/23/04, 05:30 PM
Bullitt Member

You post the best stuff Jessica. Great info and great access to the cars. Im jealous.

Dont let the naysayer get you down either, they are the same people that give everyone a hard time about their posts and never post anything useful themselves. Some people just live unhappy lives, are unhappy when others know/have access to things they dont, and they find happiness trying to bring others down.
Old 10/23/04, 05:32 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice pics. Can't wait till mine shows up. I got the vinyl and I am just waiting to get to work. Sorry, but I am not a big fan of those rims. I still think I will stick to 18" rims.
Old 10/23/04, 05:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Nice photos Jessica! Oh and the car looks pretty good too .Thanks again for the work, we all appreciate it
Old 10/23/04, 05:36 PM
Banned

Originally posted by new22003@October 23, 2004, 7:33 PM
Dont let the naysayer get you down either, they are the same people that give everyone a hard time about their posts and never post anything useful themselves. Some people just live unhappy lives, are unhappy when others know/have access to things they dont, and they find happiness trying to bring others down.
AHAHAHHA

First rule of good business is not to let anyone know how you really are. I think I've succeeded.

And if thats "putting her down" then I think people need to lighten up. I did nothing but comment on what she wrote ... sigh ...
Old 10/23/04, 05:38 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

GrantsDale - Groan... I titled it the way I did simply because I was TOLD it was. Period.

Secondly, I actually, DIDNT know there would be several Mustangs at the SEMA Show, I have never been to one, I only know about this one due to my luck with hooking up with the shops who are working on this one. I dont know squat about mods, I get all my info from people who are modding thier cars.

The thread is titled "SEMA Mustang", it doesnt say "THE" or "ONLY" or anything, just states simply exactly what it is.... Why are you so concerned with the semantics of the thread title? I seriously doubt that finding out that this is not the one and only Mustang at the SEMA show will shatter anyone's world....

Side Note: This is however THE Mustang featured on the cover of SEMA mag, annoucing the preview of the show. If you log on to SEMA.org, the cover is on the front page, as well as one of thier Top Stories is titled "Gentlemen, Start Your Engines Get Up to Speed in the SEMA Vehicle of the Show, the 2005 Ford Mustang.", with the 3D Carbon yellow GT and the White/Red GT featured.
Old 10/23/04, 05:41 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Great pic's look foward to more
Old 10/23/04, 05:48 PM
Bullitt Member

GREAT PICS....if only we had an insider to get those type of pics of the new saleen....Good job
Old 10/23/04, 05:48 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Adrenelin - Dont apologize for not liking the rims! Everyone has thier own taste... Like I said, I personally love em... I am wondering if the 22s are going to be tooo big, but we will see. When I saw it in person, they just struck the right cords for me. Doesnt really matter though, cuz we are both getting 17s til we change it,

I wanted to order a deluxe GT instead of a Premuim, cuz I am customizing the entire thing, but, cant get My Color without it, and I REALLY REALLY wanted that.. LOL I am paying thousands of dollars for that thing... sigh, maybe I can sell the parts I pull off my GT, they will be pretty close to brand new after all... eBay here I come!
Old 10/23/04, 05:51 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Adding: The SEMA site also has a list of the modifications for both cars, and explains the yellow and white cars better than I ever could. I havent read the articles yet, but, I would assume they state what kind of tires, etc are on the white/red car.
Old 10/23/04, 05:54 PM

i wasnt to sure about the color choice before but it looks pretty good once again more pics would be appreciated

EDIT: man u people talk fast when i opened this thread it was still on page one now i read the whole thing and when i post there is a whole nother page... more reading...
Old 10/23/04, 05:54 PM
Banned

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@October 23, 2004, 7:41 PM
GrantsDale - Groan... I titled it the way I did simply because I was TOLD it was. Period.

Secondly, I actually, DIDNT know there would be several Mustangs at the SEMA Show, I have never been to one, I only know about this one due to my luck with hooking up with the shops who are working on this one. I dont know squat about mods, I get all my info from people who are modding thier cars.

The thread is titled "SEMA Mustang", it doesnt say "THE" or "ONLY" or anything, just states simply exactly what it is.... Why are you so concerned with the semantics of the thread title? I seriously doubt that finding out that this is not the one and only Mustang at the SEMA show will shatter anyone's world....

Side Note: This is however THE Mustang featured on the cover of SEMA mag, annoucing the preview of the show. If you log on to SEMA.org, the cover is on the front page, as well as one of thier Top Stories is titled "Gentlemen, Start Your Engines Get Up to Speed in the SEMA Vehicle of the Show, the 2005 Ford Mustang.", with the 3D Carbon yellow GT and the White/Red GT featured.
i'm sorry if you think im attacking you ... i'm not ... and thank you for bringing the information ... but im just saying that, like you said, some people dont know there is more than one stang to be at SEMA.

one reason this might be bad for people is that they see the pics and not like them and think theres not anything coming out that they like because this is THE sema stang.

its pointless now because we've discussed it in the thread, but thats all i was trying to say ...

I guess I should have just posted "For the people that didn't know, this isn't going to be the only stang at sema, there will be about 17." Thats my fault for trying to take a different tact.

again, i wasnt attacking you or trying to put you down or whatever else ive been accused of. i was just commenting on what you posted, because thats what you do on a forum. i apologize if you thought differently. yes, i do apologize sometimes. even me. (but only if you're female)

edit: and you can get mycolor on a deluxe ... who told you different? you can get IUP on any GT.
Old 10/23/04, 06:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Too bad CA is on the other side of the country! I need to find a shop to do stripes correctly!

I have a feeling that a lot of the Mustangs at SEMA I will not like. That is of course judging by pictures in other threads. However, I think that many of us, including myself, will probably think it would be neat to mix and match different parts of all the cars instead of picking one car as the best. Anyway, can't wait to see all of them.
Old 10/23/04, 06:04 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Thanks for the pics Jessica!

20's are too big IMO for anything but a show car. A bit too bling bling for me. I like some sidewall.
Old 10/23/04, 06:05 PM

man i didnt even have time to edit and there is more up...
Old 10/25/04, 01:01 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Jessica, thanks again for contributing more then almost everyone in here even with negative (yes, I said it) comments flying around. Your efforts are appreciated. I can't wait to see the finished product. Thanks.

Grantsdale, say it with me...."goosefraba". I'm sure I spelled it wrong and you will be more then happy to give me the correct spelling in the near future.
Old 10/25/04, 01:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thank god there will eb an aftermarket guage bezel replacement. :-)
Old 10/25/04, 10:05 AM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
:worship: WOW!!! Thank you SO much Jessica for sharing these pics/info. That car looks incredible with even just the slightest amount of mods. Love the wheel choice too. And if you don't mind me saying so, you are quite a doll as well.
Old 10/25/04, 10:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Awesome photos. Those rims are way too cool. Thanks!

Quick Reply: SEMA Mustang