2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

SEMA Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 10/23/04, 03:51 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, ya'll... here are some pics of the SEMA Mustang. This is what the car looks like at this moment. It is totally dismantled as they are installing the audio system. You can see the paint job, looks really nice in person.

For the naysayers before, I talked to Ernie at 3D Carbon, and the GT with the Cobra R engine will be back from the body shop with the body mods on it next week. He will be taking pics of me and the car, AND the engine.

I took pics standing next to it just so no one could say I grabbed the pics off a website. :P :P

Finally, the rims. The ones in the pic are custom, but just for fitting purposes. They are 20s, with some low profile tires. I LOVE these, and there is a strong possibility my GT will be sporting these very rims, as the SEMA Stang is having custom 5 spoke 22s put on it. I forgot the name of the company doing the SEMA rims, but they are custom desinging a series for the GTs. The guys who did the ones in the pics are MC Tuning, in Long Beach California.

The guys doing the audio is Beach Auto Sound, Huntington Beach. Tom, the owner is SUPER cool, and always on top of his craft. The system is allllll Alpine. The car will be done on Wednesday, body mods and all, and of course, Ernie has already told me to come in for pics!

Ernie is with 3DCarbon, and he is going to help me with the mods on my GT, and is also helping me out getting sponsors to show it.

Now for the pics. If they are too big, I apologize, someone may have to resize them for me. I wanted to get them up in the first post! Didnt wanna see "This Thread is Worthless Without Pics" LOL!!!

Old 10/23/04, 03:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Nice pics! The white/red/black combo looks really good!
Old 10/23/04, 04:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Nice pics!
Old 10/23/04, 04:04 PM
GTR Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks for the pictures.
The red stripes on white looks great!
Old 10/23/04, 04:07 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
sweeeet
Old 10/23/04, 04:25 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good job
Old 10/23/04, 04:25 PM

funny that the way cars are made now with the well clearance and overall size of the vehicles now that 20's just don't really seem that big anymore. :scratch:

Saleens just had 18's and they looked massive on a stang... now you look at a pic like the top one and see 20's looking like they fit right in.
Old 10/23/04, 04:29 PM
Banned

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@October 23, 2004, 5:54 PM
For the naysayers before, I talked to Ernie at 3D Carbon, and the GT with the Cobra R engine will be back from the body shop with the body mods on it next week. He will be taking pics of me and the car, AND the engine.
Thats completely different from the other thread. You said it was a cobra. A regular stock body with a different engine is completely different.

Plus, you should change the title of the thread to "3dcarbon mustang". there will be way more than 1 stang there, so the title is a little misleading.
Old 10/23/04, 04:34 PM

those pics look great! Is that car lowered at all? I doubt it would need to be with 20's, I only ask because of the Eibach sticker in the quarter windows.
Old 10/23/04, 04:35 PM
dke
Bullitt Member

Remember, you can go from 18 to 19 or 20 by just increasing the size of wheel, and thinning up the profile of the rubber (keeping the diameter the same).

Those wheels are WAY WAY too thin for me. There's not enough rubber to absorb the bumps. You might as well remove the shock absorbers and weld the axle to the frame. Bang, Bang, thump, crash.
Old 10/23/04, 04:38 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Thank you for the pics Jessica...very cool indeed can't wait to see the rest. And you can keep the title of the thread as is as far as I'm concernd
Old 10/23/04, 04:45 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

GrantsDale -

Actually, I just reread the other thread. I posted the computer print outs of this Stang, and said it was the SEMA Mustang. I ALSO said I sat in a Cobra Prototype, which I got very poor camera phone pics of. I explained later that it was a GT with a Cobra R engine in it. In addition, I explained that I didnt ask all the questions you all did, etc. If you re-read the first post, I said there were 3 05s. One up on blocks, that is just a shell and used for fabrication, the white one with the Cobra R engine, and the SEMA one.

Is there going to be several Stangs in the Ford booth? Ok... but does that make this any less a SEMA Mustang? No. I wonder why it is that you are so heck bent on bursting my bubble?

Yes, 3D Carbon is doing body mods for the 05. I have not yet clarified what Ernie meant when he said "Cobra Prototype". All I know is the car I sat in had a Cobra R engine in it, and the one you see pictured here is going to be in the Ford SEMA Booth.

Beach Auto is doing the audio, Lansiers is doing the paint, 3D Carbon is doing the kits, so is that what I should have made the thread title? Jimmney XMas man, gimme a break!

Here, just for you... "Pics of a dismantled Painted GT that will be in the SEMA Ford Booth", and "Sat in a White GT with a Cobra R Engine" Can someone change the thread titles for me?

Better GrantsDale?
Old 10/23/04, 04:49 PM
Queen Of Nascar

Thanks for the pics Jessica!! Some of us appreciate your time. I look forward to seeing more.
Old 10/23/04, 04:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Nice Pics, Jessica..Thanks!
Old 10/23/04, 04:52 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Jessica-

Nice Pictures!! Thanks for posting!! Title of thread is fine.

Old 10/23/04, 04:56 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Thanks to everyone else... Its gotten to the point that anytime I come by any one of the three shops involved in these cars, they just grin and shake thier heads, and point me to the 05 they are working on. I have to say my husband had gone out of his way to indulge me, even as far as buying a new digital camera today just so that I could get pics up right away, then driving all over Huntington Beach.

Tommy - I have no idea if it is lowered.

I have always wondered about the low profile tires, and thier performance. I personally love the look of these, but, have to wait to see the finished SEMA car, with the 22s. If I can get these at a killer discount, I will be alllllll over it.

BTW, I didnt get to see it with the trunk lid closed, but, it came without a spoiler... I am still going back and forth on that for my GT. My current GT has the spoiler, I like it, but... I liked the white GT test car, which had the spoiler... ARGH!
Old 10/23/04, 05:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yes Jessica, the Title is just fine! Thanks again for sharing and thanks for any future pics you might take!

I have long ago decided to ignore all post from........ B)
Old 10/23/04, 05:15 PM
GT Member

Yea JessicaR. Boy's the girls are scooping us. More pics and I really thank you for coming through. More please.
Old 10/23/04, 05:18 PM
GT Member

Any idea what wheels those are, they are really nice. Dont think I would go with 20's personally but some 18's would be sweet.

Dont waste your time responding to Grant, its pointless.
Old 10/23/04, 05:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome pics Jessica! What area is this car in again? From what I can see it looks like they did a great job on the stripes.

Quick Reply: SEMA Mustang