2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Seen the advertisements for that new TV show?

Search this Thread

Old 8/5/05, 06:25 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it was on Sci Fi that I saw the advertisements, but it's something like the X-Files (having to do with aliens and ghosts) but throughout the advertisement it showed off a bright orange 05 GT . First movie/tv show featuring the 05 that I've seen.
Old 8/5/05, 06:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah, there was another thread on this, think it's called "Night Stalker" or something like that.
Old 9/30/05, 12:26 PM
GT Member

Yes, Night Stalker is a remake of the 1970s classic show. It is produced by the Executive Producer of the X-Files.

Actually, though I love the show and the car, my main negative impression of the show is that some of the scenes seem contrived to show off the car.

I am sure Ford gave them a gang of cash, but come on.....

Hope the show succeeds though and that color (that we cannot get) is pretty cool too.
Old 9/30/05, 12:29 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The car was actually yellow, not orange.

Here is a link to an ongoing discussion about the show

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=35639
Old 9/30/05, 12:31 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by ucdavisboy@September 30, 2005, 12:29 PM
Yes, Night Stalker is a remake of the 1970s classic show. It is produced by the Executive Producer of the X-Files.

Actually, though I love the show and the car, my main negative impression of the show is that some of the scenes seem contrived to show off the car.

I am sure Ford gave them a gang of cash, but come on.....

Hope the show succeeds though and that color (that we cannot get) is pretty cool too.

Ya know something, I completely agree with you. By the end of the show I had decided not to watch it anymore. It was ridiculous how much of the show was written around showing the car. Come on guys, the car doesn't talk or do anything fancy. I don't think they need to show the car that much. It sort of ruined the show.
Old 9/30/05, 03:19 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
:scratch: You guys must've watched a different show than me. The show I watched had a burnt orange GT on it, and I don't think the car was over shown at all - with the only exception of the car being in the cave. Was that thing a GT 4x4?
Old 9/30/05, 03:32 PM
GT Member

I like the show...but I am biased as the X-Files is my all time favorite show. However, the scene in the cave was dumb...what, it has a road right up into it or what?

05GT-O.C.D.: perception is everything. My Masters thesis in Communication was based in part on the strategic placement of products in T.V., movies and the like and the arguement that placement is done mostly in suddle fashion.

In this show, even when the car is not there...its there. Case in point: when they are in the Resturant getting coffee, the outside shot before it goes in the car is on the right side. You can only see the front end but its still there.

The amount of focus in this show is pretty heavy for television...movies are more likely to do this (see Audi in Transporter 2 or Cadillac in The Matrix Reloaded), but we shall see if it continues-I hope not. Usually shows and movies of substance sustain on the strength of their characters...and if Night Stalker takes anything from 9 years of X-Files, its that.

But I digress.....WHEN CAN I GET THAT COLOR. I have a Comp Orange and I love the Burnt tinge to the paint job in the show.

Old 9/30/05, 03:49 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah, perception is true. I was watching the show because I wanted to see the car, I'm sure most were watching the show for it's plot. My favorite TV shows growing up were The Dukes of Hazzard, Knight Rider, Airwolf, etc... I like when the shows star has a motor.
Sidenote: Does anyone remember the name of the show that had the tricked out motorcycle, with the oil slick and pop out machine guns?
Old 9/30/05, 07:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Didn't one of the hot chicks on the O.C. drive a convertible 05? I've never seen that show, but one of my friends told me.
Old 10/1/05, 02:50 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by clockworks@September 30, 2005, 9:45 PM
Didn't one of the hot chicks on the O.C. drive a convertible 05? I've never seen that show, but one of my friends told me.
yeah, I heard it was a coupe and then magically turned into a convertible after they came out.

I haven't seen Night Stalker, but I'll have to check it out if there's an 05 in it. I love seeing them on TV.
Old 10/1/05, 03:22 PM
Bullitt Member

ya on the OC it was a coupe, then a vert, now she like, doesnt have a car or somethinf idk, i only watch it since its filmed in my town, and they have been using my school as the crappy school