2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Seat Types

Search this Thread

Old 9/18/04, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My apologies if this is a stupid question, but what is the difference between the base leather seats (trim type J) in the GT and the sport buckets (trim type K)? Does anyone have photos illustrating the difference? Thanks in advance!
Old 9/18/04, 09:23 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

The GT looks like this and has many ribs in the seat:

Interior Accent Package

The base car has these seats:

Old 9/18/04, 09:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Actually, you MUST get the GT Premium to get the GOOD leather seats, the ones with perforated leather in the ribbed design (for all our pleasure! LOL)

You'll get the stick-to-your-back leather seats with the GT Deluxe trim.
Old 9/18/04, 09:53 PM
FR500 Member

yea i hate the stick-to-ur-back leather. i would definitely recommend the IUP like most people r getting. and hey dude it wasnt a stupid question it pointed out an obvious difference in the seats that i had no clue about!!
Old 9/19/04, 12:26 AM
Bullitt Member

those seats are slick... i only wish they came in black leather.. what colors are offered?
Old 9/19/04, 12:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by autothing@September 18, 2004, 9:32 PM
Actually, you MUST get the GT Premium to get the GOOD leather seats, the ones with perforated leather in the ribbed design (for all our pleasure! LOL)

You'll get the stick-to-your-back leather seats with the GT Deluxe trim.
That's not what my dealer told me. Why would they use different leather if it's all listed as the same thing in the order guide?

V6 Leather - Verona Grain Leather (stick-to-your-back leather?)

GT Leather - Aberdeen Embossed Leather

IAP Leather - Red Aberdeen Embossed Leather

... There's a difference between GT leather and GT Premium leather? It looks like there's a difference between V6 and GT leather to me. Only difference I see between the Deluxe and Premium GT for leather is the fact that the Premium comes with it and it's an option on the Deluxe.
Old 9/19/04, 01:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Does the V6 Premium with IUP get the ribbed leather or the stick to your back leather?
Old 9/19/04, 01:10 AM
Bullitt Member

There are two features that differ between GT deluxe and premium, the stereo and the leather seats, right?

I had figured to get the deluxe, order the leather seats separately and forego the Shaker 500, since I plan to get an in-dash DVD/CD whatever.

So just to confirm, the leather seats I'd get doing that would be the stick to my back kind, and in order to get the more comfortable ones I have to go with the GT premium (and trash a Shaker 500 when I upgrade to the DVD player)?

Right?

Old 9/19/04, 01:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That's what he said, but it doesn't make any sense. Why would they advertise the same type of leather for the GT Deluxe and GT Premium if theyre different.

... My guess is the V6 Deluxe and V6 Premium will have different leather available.
Old 9/19/04, 02:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

No no no, you're all confusing even ME now, lol... the leather is the same, I suppose -- but that's a moot point. The STYLE is what's important. Identical leather in a smooth, one-piece shape (standard leather seat design) will be the Summer-sticky one while the perforated and ribbed design won't be (only found in the Sport Buckets, which is ONLY standard on GT Premium trim and an option on others). See, the leather type doesn't matter, it's the design of the seat that does. ^_^
Old 9/19/04, 02:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Forgot the follow-up to some ?s up above...

IUP doesn't affect the seating styles, so get it since it looks good.

Leather Sport Buckets are only standard on GT Premium, but even the base trim V6 can get them as an option. Sure you can get the GT Deluxe and upgrade the seats to the Sport Buckets (Deluxe trim also forgoes the Shaker 500). Remember though, you get BETTER speakers with the S.500 AND a 6-CD changer, so it's a good upgrade if you only want to add the in-dash option and not swap speakers as well. That stupid 6-disc changer drives me nuts b/c I too want an in-dash DVD thing, but to lose the MP3 capable changer is a REAL tough call.
Old 9/19/04, 03:22 AM
GT Member

* The V-6 Deluxe comes standard with a 4-way manual adjustable driver seat with 2-way manual adjustable head restraint and a manual 2-way adjustable passenger seat (cloth only). You can upgrade to (Trim 21A) 6-way Power Driver seat with 2-way manual adjustable head restraint and power lumbar (Cloth Only) or get the ICAP, which are the Aberdeen Embossed red leather seats.

* The V-6 Premium comes standard with (Trim 21A) a 6-way Power Driver seat with 2-way manual adjustable head restraint and power lumbar and a manual 2-way adjustable passenger seat (cloth only). You can upgrade to (Trim J) Verona Grain Leather bucket seats or get the ICAP.

* The V-8 Deluxe comes standard with (Trim 21A) a 6-way Power Driver seat with 2-way manual adjustable head restraint and power lumbar and a manual 2-way adjustable passenger seat (cloth only). You can upgrade to (Trim K) Aberdeen Embossed Leather Sport Bucket seats or get the ICAP.

* The V-8 Premium comes standard with (Trim K) 6-Way Power Adjustable Driver Seat w/2-Way Adjustable Head Restraint & Power Lumbar and a manual 2-way adjustable passenger seat that are Aberdeen Embossed Leather Sport Bucket seats. You can also get the ICAP.

Basically, the red Aberdeen Embossed leather seats are an option with all versions. The other colored Aberdeen Embossed leather seats come standard on the GT premium and are also an option on the GT Deluxe. The cheaper Verona Grain Leather seats are an option on the V-6 Premium and are not offered on the V-6 Deluxe.

The Price List has an error by stating that the Base Deluxe has Trim K as an option, which it does not. Only the GT Deluxe has Trim K as an option. It is standard on the GT Premium.
Old 9/19/04, 06:58 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What happened to the latch on the side of the seat that allows the seat to move forward so passengers can get in the back? I don't see it in the above pics and thought the 2005 had this feature.
Old 9/19/04, 08:56 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by adrenalin@September 19, 2004, 1:01 PM
What happened to the latch on the side of the seat that allows the seat to move forward so passengers can get in the back? I don't see it in the above pics and thought the 2005 had this feature.
They Moved it to the Back of the Seat because it interfeared with the Side Air Bags. It is now at the top outboard side of the seatback on All 05's. This isn't the best pic' of my Mom, she was saying Cheese for my Dad and I caught her in the Middle of it, but you can see the new placement of the Seatback Release.
Old 9/19/04, 10:01 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Tampa, you **** her off in that pic? LOL.
Old 9/19/04, 10:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Any word on the photoshoped blue seats "MT" did for the 06 model year?
Old 9/20/04, 12:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Wait, do you have to get a GT, to have those nifty type K ribbed seats. That first pic in dark charcol is freaking fantastic.
Old 9/20/04, 01:39 AM
Cobra Member

"Mom was normally a peaceful soul, but after sitting in the 2005 Mustang GT, she had immediately begun her transformation into what can only be described as 'Stang Lady.'"

Old 9/20/04, 04:19 AM
GT Member

Old 9/20/04, 07:52 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
gt always gets better seats then v6

Quick Reply: Seat Types