2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Saleen SpeedLab Introduces All New SuperShaker

Search this Thread

Old 7/22/08, 10:58 AM
Authorized Advertiser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saleen SpeedLab Introduces All New SuperShaker

SALEEN SPEEDLAB INTRODUCES ALL NEW “SuperShaker™” REUNITING CLASSIC STYLING WITH MODERN POWERTroy, Michigan(July 18, 2008) – Saleen’s Aftermarket Division, SpeedLab, announced today the introduction of a new technology for air induction systems called the SuperShaker™. The patent pending SuperShaker™ embodies the classic appeal of shaker hood styling while delivering exhilarating performance via modern Supercharger technology.By combining the proven efficiency of the Saleen series VI intercooled supercharger with that of the new and highly efficient SuperShaker™ induction system, SpeedLab has brokered the perfect marriage; bringing together Beauty AND Beast for the first time.For decades, the two theories of air induction were separated. With this revolutionary new system, SuperShaker™ couples the best of both worlds. The “ram air” design and functionality of a true shaker hood is now mated with the forced air induction system via an intercooled, twin screw Saleen series VI supercharger. Saleen SpeedLab is the first and only manufacturer offering this highly engineered technology to the market.“For the first time ever, consumers do not have to sacrifice muscle car styling to get more power and performance,” says Michael Lingo, Vice President & General Manager of Saleen’s Aftermarket Division, “the SpeedLab SuperShaker™ puts real muscle under your hood producing power that can be seen and heard”.PERFORMANCEThe SuperShaker™ induction path is much shorter and less restrictive compared to existing designs, and is a true “cold air” intake that is sealed off from the engine compartment, thus enhancing vehicle performance. The SuperShaker™ induction system sits above the hood and is isolated from the hot air in the engine compartment. This is especially beneficial in static situations such as at stop lights or take off during drag racing. Once up to speed, the shaker hood scoop rams fresh cold air into the air box where it is pressurized, allowing greater boost at higher speeds.The ground-breaking design efforts at Saleen have resulted in a durable design that can withstand the harsh environment of everyday driving. By angling the custom air filter forward, water and debris will be deflected down to the bottom of the air box where it can be evacuated and not affect the performance of the filter. There are two molded pieces that make up and include the air box, providing a skirt that mounts to the rear of the box which protects the compartment from water, debris and environmental hazards. This unique design does not require any extraordinary mounting or securing devices, allowing the air box to utilize the maximum space available within the tight constraints. The result is a larger surface area for the air filter and compact OE style look.

“The shorter intake and minimal restriction allows for more cold air to be available to the engine immediately, resulting in less lag time and quicker throttle response, says Marc Musial, Chief Powertrain Engineer, “providing instant power that is available on demand throughout the power curve”.

APPLICATIONS
The Saleen SpeedLab SuperShaker™ is engineered and designed to fit all 2005-current model Mustang GT’s. The SuperShaker™ kit will increase your total power from 500 – 700HP. SpeedLab will also be offering additional SuperShaker™ upgrade components.

“We are very excited to offer this one of a kind system to the Mustang enthusiast community,” says Carlos Duran, Manager of Saleen’s Aftermarket Sales, “in addition to the SuperShaker™ kit; we have made this revolutionary product available to our existing Saleen Series VI Supercharger owners with the release of the ShakerLid upgrade kit. The ShakerLid kit allows all Saleen customers to enjoy the SuperShaker™ experience.”

As a featured exclusive, Saleen SpeedLab will also manufacture a limited number of SuperShaker™ kits designed especially for Saleen Parnelli Jones (PJ) Edition owners. This special limited run kit will feature unique Saleen/ PJ personalized badging and will be registered as a Saleen Supercharged PJ to enhance exclusivity. The PJ SuperShaker™ kit is available direct from the factory or through Saleen Certified Dealers.

Saleen SpeedLab is now taking pre-orders for the SuperShaker™ kit with an estimated production date starting late August 2008.

The SuperShaker™ will be featured at a special Woodward Dream Cruise VIP Ride & Drive Event at Saleen’s production facility in Troy, Michigan, on August 15, 2008. Enthusiasts will be able to experience a Saleen H281 or Saleen Parnelli Jones edition mustang fitted with the new SuperShaker™ system. Please visit www.saleen.com/press for more details and to register for your very own SuperShaker™ experience.

ABOUT SALEENSince the company’s inception in 1984, Saleen has produced thousands of complete and EPA certified vehicles, more than any other specialty automobile manufacturer. In addition, Saleen has equipped more than 600,000 vehicles worldwide, further emphasizing their capabilities and commitment to excellence.A nine-time Manufacturers’ Champion in GT sports car racing, Saleen manufactured the American super car — the Saleen S7, as well as the S281 Mustang, S331 Sport Truck, the Saleen/Parnelli Jones Limited Edition Mustang and the new Dan Gurney edition Saleen. In addition, Saleen provided all paint and assembly of the Ford GT as a special project for Ford Motor Company. Saleen is also currently providing paint and subassembly for the Dodge Viper SRT-10. Saleen’s World Headquarters is located in Troy, Michigan.Here is a pricing breakdown:Base Kit: 6949.99435hp to shaker upgrade: 1649.99475hp to shaker upgrade: 1249.99PJ Editition SuperShaker: 7499.99
Old 7/22/08, 11:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

when can we expect pictures cause it sounds really cool
Old 7/22/08, 12:03 PM
V6 Member

wow, that may actually make me want to go from n/a to s/c
Old 7/22/08, 12:22 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
probably the production version of the scoop they showed on a car at SEMA last fall.

Here are the pics I took of it.
Attached Thumbnails Saleen SpeedLab Introduces All New SuperShaker-saleen_ram1.jpg   Saleen SpeedLab Introduces All New SuperShaker-saleen_ram2.jpg  
Old 7/22/08, 02:38 PM
Bullitt Member

I really don't see how just a shaker intake will "increase your total power output from 500-700hp" 200hp from just that???

Last edited by 2kanchoo; 7/22/08 at 02:39 PM.
Old 7/22/08, 02:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Holy price Batman.
Old 7/22/08, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by 2kanchoo
I really don't see how just a shaker intake will "increase your total power output from 500-700hp" 200hp from just that???
Maybe 200hp total with the SC???? Otherwise I can't see it either
Old 7/22/08, 06:11 PM
Authorized Advertiser

Originally Posted by wveil06
Maybe 200hp total with the SC???? Otherwise I can't see it either
Probably needs some clarification from Saleen - but I BELIEVE thats what they are claiming. Will see if I can get something a little more concrete
Old 7/22/08, 06:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SuperShaker is a supercharger setup that just happens to have a shaker setup affixed to the top as a means of air induction and, obviously, for looks.....hence the name. There are no seperate hp figures given for the shaker setup because it is only intended to be used on the supercharger being an integral component of the kit.

That said......Cool idea, I'm surprised nobody produced something like this sooner.
Old 7/22/08, 11:04 PM
Cobra Member

Looks good but too expensive.
Old 7/22/08, 11:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

wow man that looks really good...... i would love to have that but thats alot of money...... is the supercharger different since the intake mounts on the top?
Old 7/23/08, 07:26 AM
V6 Member

Sign me up for one.....!!! I'd love to add it to my Saleen SC '06!!!!
Old 7/23/08, 07:32 AM
Bullitt Member

uh, huh-uh. words....
Old 7/23/08, 08:47 AM
Authorized Advertiser

Originally Posted by froman6
Sign me up for one.....!!! I'd love to add it to my Saleen SC '06!!!!
Call me (866-278-8287 x134) and place a pre-order for the kit. Something to think about though - it wont work with the Saleen hood - only an OEM or PJ hood at the moment.
Old 7/23/08, 09:15 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Cool pic.
Attached Thumbnails Saleen SpeedLab Introduces All New SuperShaker-saleensupershaker.jpg  
Old 7/23/08, 10:19 AM
Big Falken Tires

HAH

Hey Page - I just read this ove ron Autoblog and figured there would be something posted by you on it

Here's a question - I see two kits offered for the conversion (if you already have a Series VI in place) and they are offered by HP level

this seems to indicate they are counting on the stock Saleen setup being in place

What if you are custom tuned and using a different setup?

Would the $1,200 kit be the way to go?
Old 7/23/08, 10:24 AM
Authorized Advertiser

Originally Posted by Burke0011
HAH

Hey Page - I just read this ove ron Autoblog and figured there would be something posted by you on it

Here's a question - I see two kits offered for the conversion (if you already have a Series VI in place) and they are offered by HP level

this seems to indicate they are counting on the stock Saleen setup being in place

What if you are custom tuned and using a different setup?

Would the $1,200 kit be the way to go?
Hey there,

The difference in the 2 conversion kits is injectors. The 435HP to 4XX upgrade kit includes 39lb injectors (which is the additional $400).

Hope that helps some

Page
Old 7/23/08, 11:38 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by TMSBrad
Cool pic.
That's hot, I need money.
Old 7/23/08, 09:48 PM
Bullitt Member

If you want to see a SuperShaker in southern cali go to the next BCMC club meeting rumor has it there MIGHT be one there.
3848 Sepulveda Blvd in Torrance

On the corner of Hawthorne & Sepulveda Blvds, diagonally across from Sears DelAmo Mall.

Second tuesday in Aug.

Old 7/24/08, 05:37 PM
Banned

I am going to wait until the version that works with the SALEEN hood comes out.

Quick Reply: Saleen SpeedLab Introduces All New SuperShaker