2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Saleen for 500.00?

Search this Thread

Old 5/21/06, 11:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saleen for 500.00?

http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-Ford-Mustang-SALEEN-S-281_W0QQitemZ8939352912QQcategoryZ34070QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

So I wonder what fish will bite on this one. I think I will send the seller an e-mail and get the 411 on this.
Old 5/21/06, 11:35 AM
GT Member

Any word, that sure does seem to have SUCKER all over it....
Old 5/21/06, 11:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ecmazza
Any word, that sure does seem to have SUCKER all over it....
I just e-mailed him. Who knows, maybe I can get lucky and buy a Saleen for just 500.00 That is unitl the cops pull me over for driving a stolen mustang that I just purchased. I'm sure they'll be listening real well as I try to explain what happen as the nightclubs start whipping across my back.
Old 5/21/06, 11:51 AM
GT Member

looks like ebay removed it...probably for the best
Old 5/21/06, 04:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Its exatly as all of us thought, a scam. Just recieved an E-mail from ebay regarding the question I asked the seller. Here it is.

Our records indicate that you recently sent an email to rricejr_2000 through the eBay email system using the Ask Seller a Question feature.

We would like to provide the following safety tips:

1. If you received a reply to your email do not respond (either through the eBay system or your email provider) if the message is an offer to buy or sell an item. This type of offer is against eBay policy, may be fraudulent, and the transaction will not be covered by eBay protection programs.

2. If you received what appears to be a Second Chance Offer for an item you recently bid on and it’s appearing in My Messages with the subject of “Message from eBay Member”, it’s not a legitimate Second Chance Offer. Real Second Chance Offers appear in My Messages with a blue background and subject stating, “eBay Second Chance Offer for Item...". Always check for both the blue background in My Messages and the subject line of “eBay Second Chance Offer for Item…” when responding to a Second Change Offer.

3. Never pay for your eBay items using instant cash wire transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. It is against eBay’s Safe Payments Policy for a seller to request payment via these methods as these methods are unsafe when paying someone you don’t know.

If you have already sent payment for an off-eBay transaction, or if you are a seller who has already shipped an item to a fraudulent buyer, we suggest you take the following steps:

1. Contact the payment service you used to make the purchase. If you paid via credit
card, most card issuers provide consumer protections in instances of online fraud.

2. Contact the local law enforcement where you sent your payment. You may be able to receive additional assistance by contacting the authorities in the area where the seller resides. The following link may be helpful: /csg/p?www.usacops.com/

3. File a report with the Internet Crime Complaint Center. IC3 is
a partnership between the FBI and the National White Collar Crime Center. They review reports and refer information to the appropriate local, state, or federal agencies. You can file a complaint at: /csg/p?www.ic3.gov/

We would also like to request that you take a few minutes to provide more information related to the transaction. Please complete the Item Bought Outside of eBay form from the help page below. The information you provide will allow us to work more effectively with law enforcement should an investigation occur.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/isgw-fraud-non-ebay.html

Regards,

Trust & Safety Department