Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Sad Mustang Loss

Search this Thread

Old 4/29/08, 07:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy A Sad Mustang Loss

Gang: Just watched the cable news on the Virginia Tornados. Such a big terrible mess for them all there! At least no deaths known as of yet. Here in the Midwest we are used to the summer threat of tornados. But no one can get used to that amount of destruction in their own town! The sadest part for me, was seeing a reporter talking while standing in front of a very destroyed new red Mustang coupe. This poor coupe was upside down with both the front and rear completely crushed in. I first spoted the Stang's silver bullitt wheels, then saw the tell tale Mustang curve in the leading edge of the quarter panel! Is it just me or did anyone else feel that shot of gut pain at seeing one of ours so completely destroyed and upside down in a pile of debris? That poor thing must have gotten thrown around like a basketball! One good thing though. It's roof area was still very much intact and looking very solid!! Thanks again to Ford for a very strong and so wonderfully designed S197. RIP Mustang!! "RC"
Old 4/29/08, 08:30 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sad day for sure.
Old 4/29/08, 08:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I saw the same picture last night after the damage. First thing I noticed was the white rocker stripe. Very distinctive. It's a shame.
Old 4/29/08, 08:59 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I feel that way whenever I see any mustang that is lost.
Old 4/30/08, 06:24 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
there was another casualty, heres one that may yet survive, being the same color as mine makes it even worse

Old 5/1/08, 07:51 AM
GT Member

Although I am sorry about the car being damaged, I feel worse for the people who's lives were affected. Cars can be replaced, and easily with a trip to a dealer. Homes cannot. My sister lives only 30 miles from where the tornados hit and they did not sustain any damage from the windes except for a few shingles coming loose. The damage shown on the TV is nothing like seeing it in person. Let's hope that this is the last time tornados hit this area.
Old 5/1/08, 08:08 AM
V6 Member

I can understand how those people feel. Even though I have been fortunate enough not to 'feel the wrath' of a tornado, I do live in Kansas City, right in tornado alley, and have personally seen the damage a large tornado can do. There was a town about 45 minutes from where I live that was completely wiped out; not just a few houses, but the entire town. It is too bad about the car, but hopefully the people in Virginia can get back on their feet.
Old 5/1/08, 12:37 PM
V6 Member

well one of my friends and I experienced a stang loss. We were going down one stretch of road that we've been on countless times and came around a bend, lost traction and ended up almost upside down. Surprisingly we weren't hurt, not even any bruises or broken bones, but the stang which was a 2005 gt was a total loss. When I think back, it wasn't one of those situations where your life passes right before your eyes. It was so quick that the only thing in mind at that brief time was what we were going to hit because I knew that we were travelling about 40mph sideways on a wet road!
Old 5/1/08, 05:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Unhappy People's losses are all bad!!

I was not deminishing these people's other losses here at all! Its all bad, lost homes, jobs and Mustangs too! Back when I was a very young man in the USN Seabees. Was stationed in Gulfport MS. We were ramping up for my outfit's redeployment back over to to Vietnam. When Hurricane Camille's eye slamed directly into us, on the coast. Anyone reading this, who was there, knows just how bad this one was! 200 MPH winds!! After the storm, we spend the next three days working with the Red Cross. Delivering food, water, blankets and aid to all the poor folks, that had nothing left, but themselfs. Then it got even worse. We spent days with the local "NG", searching through all of the debris and those destroyed cars, for the bodies of the poor souls, that did not make it!! So when I saw this news clip. I felt badly for everyone here!! But the site of that sadly destroyed Red Stang, it just brought back some really bad and long forgotten thoughts! All our best wishes, go out to these fellow Americans and also to the many Navy families, stationed in the area! "RC"
Old 5/2/08, 12:00 AM
Team Mustang Source

I was watching a tornado documentary last year and they showed someones pride and joy, a 69 Mach 1, crushed and upside down in a field, destroyed by the June 12, 2004 Mulvane KS tornado I believe it was. Sad as that was, indeed to lose one's home in such a violent fashion is something I can't even begin to imagine. I've seen a number of tornado damage paths personally and it's really heartbreaking - all kinds of personal items scattered for miles.

Also we're coming up on the one year anniversary (May 4 2007) of the Greensburg KS tornado. It was rated an EF-5, the strongest that there is, and wiped out 95% of that small town. I'm sure most of you heard about it, but while we all love our cars, when something like this comes along it's time to protect those that we love and not worry about the rest. I personally can't imagine how it would be to be living your life normally, in a peaceful small town then wake up the next day and everything is gone. I've attached two pictures, what Greensburg was like before, and after the tornado. An excellent example of why we should appreciate everything we have today, because there really is no guarantee it will be here tomorrow.
Attached Images   

Last edited by jay_wx; 5/2/08 at 12:13 AM.
Old 5/2/08, 02:17 AM
Cobra Member

Being from Oklahoma I know how devastating tornado's can be. When we had a bad batch of them a few years ago I was driving through the area and actually ended up in a closed off area. I remember seeing a Dodge ram that looked like I could have put my arms around. Seeing one building looking fine and looking at the other accross the street or next to it leveled. Unfortunately several people were killed because they sought shelter in underpasses. I remember one family who left their house because they did not have a storm shelter and ended up getting on the underpass because so many were doing it. One of the parents were sucked away and killed. Their house wasn't even touched. Mustangs and material things can be replaced.

It is unfortunate to see so much damage in VA but as long as no one is killed it is a good tradeoff.
Old 5/3/08, 01:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
I feel that way whenever I see any mustang that is lost.
except V6s of course!!!!

Old 5/3/08, 01:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well, at least it died having a wild time!
Old 5/3/08, 09:02 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by jay_wx
An excellent example of why we should appreciate everything we have today, because there really is no guarantee it will be here tomorrow.

very well said.

One of our boys was born with a bunch of health issues, spent a few months in NICU (three open heart surgeries/two caths/pulmonary lymphangiectasia in both lungs-'uniformly fatal in infancy' according to one medical textbook).He's 10 now- just signed him and his brother up for soccer today...a far cry from the 'will likely never get off the ventilator/might be a candidate for a lung transplant later' days...anyway, had the misfortune of the first night at Rainbow up in Cleveland of being in NICU when the doctors were explaining to the parents of the little one 'next door' (like 5 feet away) couldnt help but overhear them explaining the 'nothing more we can do/ suggest unhooking the vent and let go', and they took their baby off in a rocking chair in the corner and held it till it died...cannot even begin to expresshow depressing/upsetting that night was, all the while wondering if our son would be next, and then the guilt of thinking about how much we have to be thankful for, how much we take for granted and dont appreciate. While that was by far the worst day of my life, it was also one of the best in the big picture- cant put into words, but the result was kinda that not a single day has gone by since where I dont take notice and thank God for another day with my kids, be it rainy, beautifully sunny, or a freakin blizzard, its all good...and who am I to deserve ANY of it??? that poor baby never got to see the sun, know what I mean? like I said kinda hard to put to words, but heck, Ive had 44 great years of the ups and downs, and if I found out it was all gonna end tomorrow, I'd still be the luckiest person I know of- because I finally got it...a lot of folks never 'get it' (I'd been there too- trust me)

being stuck in that NICU unit that night, while infinitely different than the experience the folks that survived that twister went thru, hit me like a ton of bricks in a similar way...I'm sure everyone in here has (or will) go thru a life altering moment in their lives, while I'm not too good at putting to words, I do feel its really important to share with others that might not have been there yet...We shouldnt have to go thru these situations to get the message, but all too often read/hear about such things and think how bad we feel for 'those poor people'- sooner or later that stuff that happens to 'other people' will catch up to every one of us- the sooner we TRULY realize that, the more we will get out of life- its only temporary, make the most of and savor all of it.