2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Rude dealership in Lebanon, PA

Search this Thread

Old 12/21/04, 03:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Allow me to share my experience with a dealer that does not deserve my business or anyone elses.

I stopped at Chapman Ford in Lebanon, PA the other night just to look at some Mustang colors. I have an X plan and am preparing to pull the trigger but still need to make a color decision. While I was looking as the 2 cars they had outside a salesman approached. For a few minutes, this salesman was chatting with me pleasantly so I asked to see an accesories brochure. He invited me to sit down (they NEED to get you in the chair) while he looked for it. I started to tell him, no I couldn't stay and needed to get home. While I was in mid sentence, I swear, he turned on his heels and walked away from me! Saying something like "Well then I can't help you" he just left me standing in the showroom. I'm not an 18 year old looking for a joy ride in a hot car.

Why oh why would you treat a potential payday with such rude behavior? I could feel the contempt in his voice. So to return the favor, I would like to warn all PA folks to avoid this dealer. They don't want your money enough to treat you with respect. I'm sure everyone there is not the jerk this guy was. He just cost them a sale on an 05 GT Premium Mustang. :notnice:
Old 12/21/04, 03:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Yeah, that stinks but the best revenge is to go back and buy the car from a different salesman and make sure he sees you when ya do it.....
Old 12/21/04, 03:52 PM
GT Member

Why did you not tell the manager? I am sure he would have liked to know that his sales person treated you that way...... That's just rude!!!!
Old 12/21/04, 04:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Hellcat6@December 21, 2004, 4:38 PM
Allow me to share my experience with a dealer that does not deserve my business or anyone elses.

I stopped at Chapman Ford in Lebanon, PA the other night just to look at some Mustang colors. I have an X plan and am preparing to pull the trigger but still need to make a color decision. While I was looking as the 2 cars they had outside a salesman approached. For a few minutes, this salesman was chatting with me pleasantly so I asked to see an accesories brochure. He invited me to sit down (they NEED to get you in the chair) while he looked for it. I started to tell him, no I couldn't stay and needed to get home. While I was in mid sentence, I swear, he turned on his heels and walked away from me! Saying something like "Well then I can't help you" he just left me standing in the showroom. I'm not an 18 year old looking for a joy ride in a hot car.

Why oh why would you treat a potential payday with such rude behavior? I could feel the contempt in his voice. So to return the favor, I would like to warn all PA folks to avoid this dealer. They don't want your money enough to treat you with respect. I'm sure everyone there is not the jerk this guy was. He just cost them a sale on an 05 GT Premium Mustang. :notnice:
Drew, I would buy one somewhere else, then drive it on their lot, and ask for that same salseman. I would say something like "remember me, I'm the guy you got ignorant with one day, and never had the time for." Then I would pull a Julia Robert's where she walks in the shop, in the movie Pretty Woman and says "Big Mistake, Major, Major mistake". Only difference is I would make sure his Boss was present!

That should fix him!
Old 12/21/04, 04:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Send a PM to BEK355 he is a member here. If I'm not mistaken he is the General Manager at that store. He has been a great contributor here and I'm sure he would make this right by you. Don't judge a whole store by one idiot.

Paul
Old 12/21/04, 05:11 PM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bruce (BEK355), is the GM at Chapman Ford in Lancaster. The Chapman Group has several dealerships in PA/NJ.

Its probably worth a visit to see him if you are serious about one.
Old 12/21/04, 05:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Oops, looks like I confused the two locations.
Old 12/21/04, 05:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for the ideas folks. And thanks for the reality check. I will take your comments to heart and learn from the experience. Yeah, I know better than to judge the entire dealership by one guy. So yes, you're right, give them a chance if you are in the area. One jerk doesn't mean the entire place is bad but it sure ticked me off. I was kind of stunned when it happened and really did need to leave. Should have told the manager right then and there. But in the end I think I made myself feel better by finding a salesman from another dealership that I could work with. He seems to be very interested in my business.

Hey I feel better just venting to the good people on this board!
Old 12/21/04, 08:43 PM
GTR Member

Drew, that's what we're here for!

The way I look at it is, there are jerks everywhere you go, work, the mall, your neighborhood, etc, so don't let one of the few ruin your day. There are several people here that have been EXTREMELY helpful about the new mustang, and you can be sure that they would be more than helpful in person to put you in that new mustang. I plan on seeking them out when the time is right for me.
Old 12/21/04, 08:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Drew,
I am very sorry that you had a bad experience at the Chapman dealership in Lebanon. The Chapman family takes good service very seriously and I hope that your experience is the exception and not the rule.
If there is anything I can do to restore your confidence in the Chapman Auto Group, please feel free to contact me.
Thank you to everyone for your kind words and advise.
Old 12/21/04, 09:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Very nice Bek355 B) .
Old 12/21/04, 10:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by BEK355@December 21, 2004, 9:59 PM
Drew,
I am very sorry that you had a bad experience at the Chapman dealership in Lebanon. The Chapman family takes good service very seriously and I hope that your experience is the exception and not the rule.
If there is anything I can do to restore your confidence in the Chapman Auto Group, please feel free to contact me.
There, now how hard was that to do?

If only all dealerships' staff were this polite. You get alot further with a carrot than a stick. Especially with a car that everybody here loves. We're all supposed to be a part of one, big, happy enthusiast community, after all. The Mustang buying and ownership experience should be as great as the car, IMHO, NOT something that must be endured just to HAVE a great car.

I'm thinking dealerships need to screen potential sales employees with more scrutiny.
Old 12/21/04, 11:04 PM

had the same thing happen in 1999 when me and my wife went to look at a windstar the salesmen didnt want to get the van of the floor i gues we looked liked we couldnt pay for it two days later went downtown bought one for 28000 with 0 percent still drive the van today B)
Old 12/22/04, 10:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by BEK355@December 21, 2004, 9:59 PM
Drew,
Thanks Bek355. As I was reminded here, one bad apple, well you know. Any dealer that is willing to say that deserves a second chance in my book. I have something set up under an X plan I think but if that goes South I may take a ride down to visit you. Thanks again, Drew
Old 12/22/04, 12:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thumbs down

EDITED:

Not cool
Old 12/22/04, 01:41 PM
GTR Member