Remember When

Search this Thread

Old 8/11/04, 08:05 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally posted by Dr Iven@August 11, 2004, 9:48 PM
The double post pulls another whammy!

That little SOB!!!
I'm constantly cleaning up after dans double posts...
thats a full time job deleting them...

Old 8/11/04, 08:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by montreal ponies@August 11, 2004, 7:36 PM
I was there too, remember Dan, one of the first i talk to, also remenber that DAY when we all crashed.....It was a sad day......Brad you should hold a memorial for us to remenber that day....What about a day off....
yea we would start our TMS emergency threads on the serrogate BON
Old 8/11/04, 08:15 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by kevinb120+August 11, 2004, 9:15 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kevinb120 @ August 11, 2004, 9:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-montreal ponies@August 11, 2004, 7:36 PM
I was there too, remember Dan, one of the first i talk to, also remenber that DAY when we all crashed.....It was a sad day......Brad you should hold a memorial for us to remenber that day....What about a day off....
yea we would start our TMS emergency threads on the serrogate BON [/b][/quote]
The funny thing was even brad cursed over there..
Old 8/11/04, 08:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Old 8/11/04, 08:38 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Galaxie@August 11, 2004, 9:18 PM
The funny thing was even brad cursed over there..
Brad cursed?

MY HINEY!!
Old 8/11/04, 11:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Amy V6@August 11, 2004, 2:18 PM
I was a lurker back then too
so was I.
Old 8/11/04, 11:19 PM
Bullitt Member

I remember when I was waiting for the 05 Mustang pictures. I sat online until 12:00 am waiting for them. Then my parents were mad at me the next day because I looked drugged up during church from my red eyes. haha.
Old 8/12/04, 01:21 AM

anybody remember the IRS wars? where Dan had to argue with evryone who was obsessed with IRS
Old 8/12/04, 07:22 AM
I Have No Life

Exclamation

I remember:

-back in 99, when the car was going to come out in Feb as an 03.5 model...with choice of 3.0/4.0 V6, 4.6/4.9 V8, and 5.0 Cobra.... B)

-rumours of a 5.0 SOHC GT, 5.0 DOHC Cobra when it got shifted to an 04 model....in time for its 40th anniversary.... B)

-seeing the picture of the final 05 Mustang GT in February of 03
Old 8/12/04, 08:01 AM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by Boomer+August 11, 2004, 10:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Boomer @ August 11, 2004, 10:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dr Iven@August 11, 2004, 9:48 PM
The double post pulls another whammy!

That little SOB!!!
I'm constantly cleaning up after dans double posts...
thats a full time job deleting them...

[/b][/quote]
Its not my fault! My stupid rogers cable internet is SOOOO SLOW.

OT: It's been happening since 2 weeks ago. I ping sites and get 80-100ms which is slow. As well I have between 25%-50% packet loss. Roger's techs say everything looks okay. What the heck is causing this...anyone know? I'm running NAV and Zone Alarm but did try the net with them off and same thing. :bang: :bang:
Old 8/12/04, 08:07 AM
I Have No Life

Dan how did they test to make sure 'everythings ok'

#1 are you behind any firewall/routers that can hinder performance (like a Linksys or Dlink etc)
#2 have you looked at the cable itself..is it old...crimped/kinked. Could be a bad cable, or catching interference from anything from lights or anything that could release ElectroMagnetic Interference. Distance of cable also hinders performance and packetloss.
#3 are you on wireless?
#4 simple thing like card drivers
#5 Did you do a speedtest to see how crap the connection is?
Some little things to check out
Old 8/12/04, 08:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

I was a lurker starting in July of '03, and joined in Sept of '03. I found this site on google, after seeing the concept in Jan '03 and wondering if any news or photos of the production version were becoming available. I don't post in quantity, but am on TMS actively for news and info, and to read up on the entertaining and usually informative banter in the forums. Great site Brad, and the moderators.
Old 8/12/04, 09:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

i remember telling brad that we were up. it's alive!!!
was that the 1st or 2nd crash??
Old 8/12/04, 09:39 AM
Bullitt Member

I remember when I first saw this picture in dec 2003, it was the first true picture of the 05' that I had seen, there were the White Spy Pics that brad had to take down, those were pretty cool too at the time
Old 8/12/04, 09:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I have not been around for that long. It is driving me crazy for the past few months as it is. I can't imagine getting this excited back at 400 days. I'm just glad that a MSN search for "2005 Mustang" pulled this site up at the top.
Old 8/12/04, 09:47 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by Kluski@August 12, 2004, 10:49 AM
I'm just glad that a MSN search for "2005 Mustang" pulled this site up at the top.
Me too.
Old 8/12/04, 10:18 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by BlueStangVert+August 12, 2004, 9:50 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BlueStangVert @ August 12, 2004, 9:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Kluski@August 12, 2004, 10:49 AM
I'm just glad that a MSN search for "2005 Mustang" pulled this site up at the top.
Me too. [/b][/quote]
My wife is not though. She is getting a little tired of hearing about the 05.

She is excited about it, just not at my level.
Old 8/12/04, 12:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Heck I remember when Brad started the True Blue Registry. What ever happened to it?

Of course I joined BON during the dark days of the crash.

Ford please hurry up and ship the 05's.

On second thought take your time and make sure they are right.
Old 8/12/04, 12:16 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by Boomer@August 12, 2004, 10:10 AM
Dan how did they test to make sure 'everythings ok'

#1 are you behind any firewall/routers that can hinder performance (like a Linksys or Dlink etc)
#2 have you looked at the cable itself..is it old...crimped/kinked. Could be a bad cable, or catching interference from anything from lights or anything that could release ElectroMagnetic Interference. Distance of cable also hinders performance and packetloss.
#3 are you on wireless?
#4 simple thing like card drivers
#5 Did you do a speedtest to see how crap the connection is?
Some little things to check out
I'm going to investigate this further on the weekend.

I attached my computer directly to the modem so the router had nothing to do with it. I have a 2.4GHz cordless phone but my connection isn't wireless so I'm not sure that would have an effect Did buy the phone 2.5 weeks ago though :scratch:

They checked the signal from the modem and it was good. They also had me ping a few sites and the average response times were a bit slow (should be under 50-60ms but most were 80-100ms). But the main thing is there was always packet loss. Not sure if that is normal.

They also made me do a trace of the ping using tracest (i think) in command prompt. Most response times were okay (<100ms) but a few were over 100 at certain nodes (ie. 127ms). Not sure if any of this makes sense to you but I know your a computer guy so I figured I'd tell you pete.

I reinstalled internet explorer but same stuff.

The tech guy said he really had no other tools to troubleshoot.

Oh, I went to a speed check website and it was 305kB/min I think vs. the ontario average of 1.7Mb/min. So something is definately slow even though pinging does show faster times.

:bang: :bang: Is all I have to say.
Old 8/12/04, 07:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
Originally posted by Dan@August 12, 2004, 12:19 PM

I'm going to investigate this further on the weekend.

...snip...

I reinstalled internet explorer but same stuff.

I may mention the obvious, and already tried, so don't beat me up too much, but mind if I take a stab at it?

You're on Windows and using IE so I grok where ya at.

You're using a wired network card cabled directly to the cable modem, yes? If so, symptoms and tried solutions seem to indicate a bad network card. Betcha replace it and it's all good. You might want to remove all traces of the old networking scenario and then plug in the new card though... That's always fun.

Of course, it's also possible that there are several other things not mentioned:

One of the more interesting ones is, depending on your Windows OS, you might need to readjust your TCP/IP packet sizes. Too small a number (for use with a regular 56K modem) won't work as well with Cable and such, especially in Windows 95/98. Of course, nobody here's running that! (As I type on my '98 machine...)

Go to SpeedGuide.net and try out their TCP/IP analyzer. It'll at least let you know that it's all good, and if not, you can try their TCP/IP Optimizer, or download and run specific patches for your OS. In Win98, there's three of them, one of which is a VTCP.386 fix from M$ that definitely will cause this problem, and all three make a HUGE difference. If you run 2K or XP, these aren't as serious an issue, but try it anyway.

To check some interesting reverse pings and trace routes out, go to www.dnsstuff.com To get your IP address go to What Is My IP? and write it down there, if ya need to...

Winsock stack is messed up. De-re-installing completely the network as mentioned above might fix it, but for really tough stains, there's LSPFix. Google that, I dunno where I got it...

Ad- or Spyware. In either case, Ad-Aware 6 by Lavasoft and SpyBot 1.3 by Kolla, respectively. One of these may fix the stack issue above too, so maybe try them out first...

Hosts file. Check that out. If there's funny entries in it, you may want to delete or get a "new" one. The blank, OOTBE one has only one entry, IIRC, and it's 127.0.0.0 going to local host. (Geek speak, gotta love it.)

Proxy server issues. IE has one in it's Options somewhere. Need that? No? Bye bye to them. Norton uses it for some scans of email or such. Turn off the automatic detecting of settings too.

BHO or something causing problems. Run HiJack This to EXAMINE what's attached to IE or is running on startup. If you see anything suspicious, google it and be sure before obliterating it. And save a log! Oh, and run it in it's own directory somewhere. If you run it from teh desktop, it can be messy leaving files around.

Startup program, of course. HiJack this will show those too, but if you can run MSCONFIG, there you go. Startup tab. Turn everything off, see what happens.

Maybe a virtual machine/Java/other plugin issue. Deinstall/reinstall those.

Virus. Go to Symantec Anti-virus Resarch Center (SARC) and run the online check.

And finally, any idea on how many people are on your cable branch that has the same service? Just a thought..

I have all these programs downloaded, but in your current condition, I dunno what to do to get them to ya, short of mail... Lemme know if any of that helps!

Oh yeah, one more weird thing: Tried another computer? Not that we all have two or more computers lying around or anything...

c:

Ok, laters, and good luck! (BTW, was that long enough for y'all?!?!? )

Quick Reply: Remember When