2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Red Fire or Black?

Search this Thread

Old 1/2/05, 04:39 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
True, it looks menacing. But what looks more menacing. A bright red Ferrari, or a black one. I say red, so go with Torch. If you are only considering RF or black, def go with black.
Old 1/2/05, 04:59 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by Badandy@January 2, 2005, 6:07 PM
Dan, you know as well as I do redfire never looks that way unless under VERY bright lighting, touch up, or the first hour after a detail in the sunlight
Actually, that's what I thought, but it actually does look like that on a sunny day.

The best shade is probably at night though. It is incredible....let me find a pic of what it looks like at night.................

(found one.....and yes, it does look exactly like that)
Old 1/2/05, 05:04 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

..more real pics to show that redfire does infact look like many of the photo-ops.
Old 1/2/05, 05:07 PM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I sat in a redfire when I was in Vancouver....... beautiful colour....it will be the colour I get when I get an '05 (someday)
Old 1/2/05, 05:07 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Old 1/2/05, 05:09 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

..Kevinb took this one
Old 1/2/05, 05:10 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

..and ofcourse, my own car.
Old 1/2/05, 05:17 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by backafter20@January 2, 2005, 6:30 PM
How can someone let someone else pick a favorite color for them? I dearly wish someone could pick one for me! It's all personal taste, but I like every color but the green! My wife keeps suggesting colors, but I'll probably end up grabbing the first automatic GT with leather that a salesman will work with me on. Unless I do this Pony Drive thing, and then I'll have to decide by the end of March which color to order. Maybe I'll just get what is least popular so my 'stang will be less common. There is a poll here somewhere where, at the time I read it, black was #1 in popularity. Green was in last place, so maybe I'll try second to last? Good luck in choosing. I'm no closer to a decision than when I started.
Actually, redfire is #1 and black is #2.

I really don't think you can go wrong with either colour. Both look fantastic.

I was about to get a 2001 black GT a while back but insurance was insane. I went with redfire this time around because it doesn't hide the detail like black can. Plus, I've owned a black car in the past and they are hard to keep clean. In the last few years I decided I wanted a vibrant colour and have always liked red.

The redfire looks classy, expensive and mature..........plus after looking at the show car pictures the colour really started to appeal to me. What sealed the deal was when I went to a dealer and they had torch and redfire side by side. I was just drawn to the deeper colour on this car.

Colour is personal preference. I wouldn't rely too much on what anyone of us here think. Go to the dealer and take a look at different colour stangs. One should just get your heart racing. Buy that one.

Good luck,
Dan
Old 1/2/05, 06:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey Dan, is that car wash port on Stayner and Dufferin just north of Eglinton Ave ??

hmmm
Old 1/2/05, 06:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by backafter20@January 2, 2005, 5:30 PM
How can someone let someone else pick a favorite color for them? I dearly wish someone could pick one for me! It's all personal taste, but I like every color but the green! My wife keeps suggesting colors, but I'll probably end up grabbing the first automatic GT with leather that a salesman will work with me on. Unless I do this Pony Drive thing, and then I'll have to decide by the end of March which color to order. Maybe I'll just get what is least popular so my 'stang will be less common. There is a poll here somewhere where, at the time I read it, black was #1 in popularity. Green was in last place, so maybe I'll try second to last? Good luck in choosing. I'm no closer to a decision than when I started.
actually, the least popular color, presently, is Performance White; which looks really nice with fat tires and chrome American Racing bullitt-style wheels and red interior!
Old 1/2/05, 06:54 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Black would be my first choice, if it wasn't for the following

-Every flaw in the body (scratch/ding) stands out
-Attracts dirt like a magnet
-Gets hot as heck on a sunny day

I like redfire, even though I don't have an obsession with reds (like Dan does )

If you like to wash your car and think you won't ever get a ding, get black, otherwise, go redfire.
Old 1/2/05, 07:42 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm done with black after owning one for over 8 years now. What Galaxie says holds true. The biggest pain is the dirt. You wash and wax it and within an hour, you see dirt on it (the blessings of static electricity).

I'm going for Redfire when I order.

As an aside though...black is beautiful when its freshly clean.
Old 1/2/05, 08:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

I traded in my black F-150 for a Redfire stang and don't regret it one bit. I'm a nut about keeping my cars clean and the black just took too much time. If I hadn't had previous experience with a black vehicle, black is what I would have ordered, as it was, I still almost went with black. However, once I saw Redfire at a racing event I fell in love with it. I think it looks incredibly classy and a little mean. Black looks the meanest though. Go Redfire, you'll love it.

Jason
Old 1/2/05, 08:18 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by Domainer@January 2, 2005, 9:09 PM
Hey Dan, is that car wash port on Stayner and Dufferin just north of Eglinton Ave ??

hmmm
No, but I drive by that one all the time!

My car is just hosed down in the pic, not really washed and dried.

I washed my car by hand in the same power washer this weekend for the first time. Funny how every car you need to "get to know how to wash it". I found it an easy car to wash (except for the grille).

Turned out amazing!! I forgot my camera though.

Its dirty again, but it was worth it for that day and a half. :bang:
Old 1/3/05, 12:29 AM
FR500 Member

In all honesty, (this is gunna be tough) if I was using the Mustang for an everyday driver, I would go WB (with bullitts) or Redfire (with bullitts) and prolly forgo the black. I had a black Seville as an everyday driver and swore I would never buy a black car again. Did I say I would prolly purchase the bullitts....O.K. :drive:
Old 1/3/05, 12:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Giddyup@January 2, 2005, 2:38 AM
Between your 2 choices....I would go BLACK. But better yet would be Torch Red....(especially with red interior) B)
I agree!
Old 1/3/05, 07:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Dan+January 2, 2005, 9:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dan @ January 2, 2005, 9:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Domainer@January 2, 2005, 9:09 PM

hmmm
No, but I drive by that one all the time!

My car is just hosed down in the pic, not really washed and dried.

I washed my car by hand in the same power washer this weekend for the first time. Funny how every car you need to "get to know how to wash it". I found it an easy car to wash (except for the grille).

Turned out amazing!! I forgot my camera though.

Its dirty again, but it was worth it for that day and a half. :bang: [/b][/quote]

Ahh. I usually wash my car there. From the pic, it looks just like the place.