2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Rebate?

Search this Thread

Old 10/4/04, 12:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford often gives Dealer Cash to sell cars. Can this be applied to the mustang?
Old 10/4/04, 12:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Something tells me they aren't going to need a whole lot of help selling Mustangs. I would count myself lucky if I got one for close to Invoice, or under MSRP in big markets.
Old 10/4/04, 01:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

I just checked the Incentives page and nothing on the 2005 Mustang yet but there is low APR on other 05's My dealer said to check with him before I got finacing he might be able to save me some money. I am going to wait until my car comes in before securing any financing. Sounds like Ford might offer something :yes:
Old 10/4/04, 03:59 PM
Queen Of Nascar

I am not looking for a Rebate or dealer cash. I would like to know for sure if Ford is going to offer any financing incentives. My salesman told me no. I am preapproved for 4.54% thru AAA and he said he said Ford Credit was offering nothing. I have excellent credit and thought Ford Credit would at least reward there long term customers with some sort of financing incentive. I have had 3 other vehicles financed with them. Evidently I was wrong or is that something that might happen tomorrow or next week??
Old 10/4/04, 04:58 PM
Cobra Member

Normally cash or finance incentives are reserved for vehicles that aren't moving well. Ford doesn't have any reason to offer incentives on the Mustang. It should be a sellout, especially the first year. Try going to an Infinity dealership and look for financing incentives on the G35 coupe.

4.55% is a pretty good rate. You might try looking at peoplefirst.com and at least checking out their rates. They are very competitive and easy to do business with.
Old 10/4/04, 04:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
There is not going to be any dealer cash or national cash rebates for 3 years guaranteed.
Old 10/4/04, 09:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by kevinb120@October 4, 2004, 5:02 PM
There is not going to be any dealer cash or national cash rebates for 3 years guaranteed.
Kev,

I don't mean to be a jerk, but you can't be serious with 3 years. This car will have a rebate by Memorial Day 2005. This is not a limited production vehicle, lots will be stacked with them by summer and the rebates will show up, they always do. SVT products have rebates, you don't think normal production Mustangs will?
Old 10/5/04, 09:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

How can you make a statement like that? Totally misinforming people? How do you know what's gonna happen in the next year, let alone 3 YEARS? Come on man! You talk about people bad mouthing salesmen when they are called liars and scum etc... And you make a statement like this? EVEN if it winds up to be true...you are totally speculating. And you wonder why salesmen get a bad rep.
Old 10/5/04, 09:41 AM
Team Mustang Source

Cutting sales from rental fleets drastically negates the need to rebate cars. Most likely finance incentives will be the new norm. Thats why the price was not raised from last years models. It wont need them. The last generation mustang took 22 years to require a rebate.
Old 10/5/04, 09:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

If you've paid attention to even 04's the rebates have gone down considerably since april(when they 2000 dealer cash AND a 3500 rebate). Even the $5000 dealer cash on T-birds has gone away. Keeping the rebates at a more sane $2500 is an attempt to stop some of the hemoraging of the mustang used car market. It needs to do something to make the new car look like it will have resale, and in essence, purchase value. A bazillion rental mustangs out there have done enough damage already. They are trying to preserve resale value, which is presently in the toilet for Mustang. Lease estimators already have 500 and Freestyle pinned at MUCH higher then average for Ford, rebates would instantly kill that as well. Ford is learning that decent resale value sells cars just as well then insane amounts of rental vehicles or rebates. This is the only opportunity in almost 20 years to get out of that bad habit with all-new cars. Nasser-era mentally of doing as little as possible to spend on vehicles and shove as many as you can out there in the market is dead. The rebate is already calculated in on the sticker. Come out with decent products, and you can leave GM stuck in rebate land all by itself. They can continue allong as "america's rental car company". With a redone Explorer and Exped coming in 06/07, look for the trend to continue, less rebates, lower prices.

Existing cars like the Focus which is a decent vehicle by all means and the Freestar which is so-so but not TERRIBLE will also get a boost by some more brand recognition from 500/Freestyle/Fusion/ and Mustangs rolling around in droves with good reviews from the press, and good pricing/resale ratios. It just takes time. This is really the only chance the company will have to change it. You put a $2500 rebate on a Freestyle this spring, and it will ALWAYS require it. Mustang at its super-cheap price point will spearhead validating all the new models, it just cant get rebates. If it appears to 'need' them even though it kicks everything else's hiney, then EVERYTHING thats more mainstream definately will.
Old 10/5/04, 10:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the detailed explanation, Kevin, however I have a feeling that you'll be eating these words very soon:

Originally posted by kevinb120
Old 10/5/04, 10:21 AM
Team Mustang Source

Ford's already made it pretty clear. Theres is NO reason someone in the market for a 300hp vehicle can not afford this car. The more I think about it, when Boss's and Shelbys start rolling too, I cant see a reason for a rebate untill a platform change is coming to dealers. Retail sales to consumers(figuring about 30,000 were V6 rentals last year) is going to double this year. Being on the 'line' for a few years now, about 9 out of 10 prospective buyers walk from the current mustang and go elsewhere, if not more. I would think 7 out of 10 buy this time around. Every major complaint I ever heard from a customer is fixed this year. Every one.
Old 10/5/04, 11:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Kevin, we've already heard from several dealers who think they know exactly what's going on with the Mustang. You'd think they have Bill Ford on speed-dial from the way they talk. Don't be one of those guys, Kev.

You can't guarantee anything like that. You can make an educated guess, just like the rest of us. But the only people who can say for certain what will happen in the future are the beancounters at Ford. And you're not in the loop. Sorry.

BTW, considering the 2005 Mustang isn't even available to the public yet, your assumption on Mustang sales (for the next three years!) are quite premature.
Old 10/5/04, 12:28 PM
Bullitt Member

How do you know for sure? Do you work for Ford Corporate in the marketing department or pricing department :nono: . Come on no one knows for sure if they will not rebate it in the future. I don't see rebates for sure in the first 6-8 months but they might before the 05's end and the 06 mustang comes out. If you are a salesman please back off with your senseless garbage that you try to give in your sales pitch.
Old 10/5/04, 12:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

The Explorer was the only car in recent memory that didn't need an incentive to sell. It remains to be seen if people see the new Mustang as something special with no real competition, as was the Explorer in 1990.
Old 10/5/04, 12:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

Ford has put out quite a few press releases alluding to diminishing or no rebates on newer cars. It accomplishes nothing. They still do it on trucks because GM does on simillar products. When the Z gets $3000 in rebates, then maybe. They just had another press release saying that Ford is out of the bulk rental car market now for the same reason. Rebates are backwards thinking. Now they may do something for post-september units at the MY change, but I would bet on none durring the regular selling season for a long, long time.
Old 10/5/04, 12:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Super Sonic Blue Mustang+October 5, 2004, 1:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Super Sonic Blue Mustang @ October 5, 2004, 1:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kevinb120@October 4, 2004, 5:02 PM
How do you know for sure? Do you work for Ford Corporate in the marketing department or pricing department :nono: . Come on no one knows for sure if they will not rebate it in the future. I don't see rebates for sure in the first 6-8 months but they might before the 05's end and the 06 mustang comes out. If you are a salesman please back off with your senseless garbage that you try to give in your sales pitch. [/b][/quote]
cute

Wait till you see your trade in value of your foci due to rebates. You are already sub 50% after only two years now. Ford is trying to stop the 'instant junk' status in the resale world of Fords. For a few hundred off you end up with a car worth nothing because of it.
Old 10/5/04, 12:47 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kevin I agree with you,

I doubt we will see rebates on the S197 Mustang for at least a few years, this will be a very strong seller well into '06. I doubt there will be many left over on the lots next september.
Old 10/5/04, 12:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Galaxie@October 5, 2004, 12:50 PM
Kevin I agree with you,

I doubt we will see rebates on the S197 Mustang for at least a few years, this will be a very strong seller well into '06. I doubt there will be many left over on the lots next september.
and it may very well be true...but to blatantly lie saying absolutely positively no rebates or dealer cash is just his inner salesmen coming out. All we are saying is there is no way possible any of us can make that guarantee.
Old 10/5/04, 01:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by kevinb120+October 5, 2004, 12:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kevinb120 @ October 5, 2004, 12:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Super Sonic Blue Mustang@October 5, 2004, 1:31 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-kevinb120
@October 4, 2004, 5:02 PM

How do you know for sure? Do you work for Ford Corporate in the marketing department or pricing department :nono: . Come on no one knows for sure if they will not rebate it in the future. I don't see rebates for sure in the first 6-8 months but they might before the 05's end and the 06 mustang comes out. If you are a salesman please back off with your senseless garbage that you try to give in your sales pitch.
cute

Wait till you see your trade in value of your foci due to rebates. You are already sub 50% after only two years now. Ford is trying to stop the 'instant junk' status in the resale world of Fords. For a few hundred off you end up with a car worth nothing because of it. [/b][/quote]
I already know my trade in value is not good on my Focus. That is why I am not going to trade it in, but I will get a used 05 or 06 when these new Mach 1 or special mustangs come out and someone with a GT will want one and I will buy their GT. No one can be sure of what Ford will do in the future as far as rebates.

This is why I love having A-plan, the rebates are just a bonus that I really don't count on anyway.

Quick Reply: Rebate?