2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Rear squeeking

Search this Thread

Old 9/29/05, 05:01 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This just started happening yesterday. When I go over bumps, I hear a spueeking sound that seems to be coming from the right rear. I am not braking so I know its not the brakes. I would take it to the dealer but I don't have much time coming up to take it in.
Any ideas where I can look to possibly fix this?
Old 9/29/05, 06:40 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mine started doing it too... and creaking around slow, tight, turns... :bang: My old Jeep used to do that! I remember something about a missing weld in the inner quarter panel... I'm going to have to do some research.
Old 9/29/05, 03:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
We had a Jeep that did that going over speed bumps - they determined that it was the rubber bushings on the sway bars rubbing as the sway bar twisted.
Old 9/28/06, 07:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by 05RedGT
We had a Jeep that did that going over speed bumps - they determined that it was the rubber bushings on the sway bars rubbing as the sway bar twisted.
I have an '07 GT Convertible 5-speed with only 300 miles and I just started noticing a creaking sound coming from somewhere around the rear quarter panels (I think it's on both side, but definitely on the driver side).

I only hear it, though, when shifting or accelarating (even just backing in or out of the garage). I do not hear anything going over bumps. Also I do not hear anything when I get out of the car and push or pull on the body hoping to duplicate the problem. Also, I hear it whether the top is up or down, cold or warm.

Could this be a sway bar issue? Sounds like a body panel creak to me more than a suspension creak.

I have never owned a car free of creaking or rattling whether it was japanese, german or american, so I guess this is just par for the course.
Old 9/28/06, 02:42 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Holy Cow flguy, no one can accuse you of not searching before you post.

Old 10/3/06, 04:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Differential clutch packs is the problem. I had the same issues and the dealer's top mechanic new the problem right away. He said Ford had just issued a notice about clutch pads being to thin after seeing alot of requests for that part. Seems to be a manufacturing problem. If you get squeaks on slow hard turns, esp. to the left, then i can tell you it's more than likely 90% going to be that. Once i got it replaced, squeaky annoying noise went away. And yes it is covered by warranty.

If the dealer tells you they can't find the problem ask them to change the differential clutch packs in the rear. They can call Joe Myer's Ford in Houston if they need help on finding it