2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Rattling noise in driver side door

Search this Thread

Old 9/2/12, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rattling noise in driver side door

When I'm driving down the road my driver side door makes this awful rattling sound and it seems like its by the left side of the window, or has something to do with the lock mechanism... Anyone else have this problem? If so how do I fix it?! It's driving me NUTS!
Old 9/2/12, 12:21 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have a slight rattle on the right side. After my 'key job' was fixed, the body colored door handle is slightly loose on the pass side. I'm guessing its on with double tape?
Have you noticed if your ext door handle rattles? Just a guess.
Old 9/2/12, 07:47 PM

No I don't think it's my door handle. It sounds like it right by where my lock is. I can't tell if it's the window or the lock. I think it might be loose but I'm not sure and I have no clue what to do to fix it
Old 9/2/12, 07:49 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
The little trim piece inside the door handle that covers a screw is notoriously horrible for rattling. Mine still do and they get worse if you take the interior panels off. But I can't hear mine over the exhaust or stereo anymore.
Old 9/2/12, 07:53 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had a bad rattle in passenger door... right before i was gonna bring it to ford.. I checked the tray and it had a Nut in it.. i guess someone dropped in during assembly....
Old 9/2/12, 08:21 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
The little trim piece inside the door handle that covers a screw is notoriously horrible for rattling. Mine still do and they get worse if you take the interior panels off. But I can't hear mine over the exhaust or stereo anymore.
dab of silicone fix it?
Old 9/2/12, 08:22 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by ShaneGT
I had a bad rattle in passenger door... right before i was gonna bring it to ford.. I checked the tray and it had a Nut in it.. i guess someone dropped in during assembly....
Old 9/2/12, 08:23 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco

dab of silicone fix it?
It should. But i didn't want to do it until I was sure I'd never remove the door panel again.
Old 9/2/12, 08:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Besides having the loose door handle and interior handle trim problems I also found inside the door the cable for the pwr window would rattle within the ty-rap around it. I repositioned and tighten the ty-rap a little and noise went away. I've also taped good amounts, of strips I cut, of aftermarket headliner material on various pieces to quiet them down. Headliner material was of a felt type cloth.
Old 9/2/12, 08:58 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I have a rattle too on my passenger side, but it is the window. If I put it down a little it goes away.
Old 9/5/12, 07:06 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by 20HPGT08
When I'm driving down the road my driver side door makes this awful rattling sound and it seems like its by the left side of the window, or has something to do with the lock mechanism... Anyone else have this problem? If so how do I fix it?! It's driving me NUTS!
Originally Posted by Lime GT
Besides having the loose door handle and interior handle trim problems I also found inside the door the cable for the pwr window would rattle within the ty-rap around it. I repositioned and tighten the ty-rap a little and noise went away. I've also taped good amounts, of strips I cut, of aftermarket headliner material on various pieces to quiet them down. Headliner material was of a felt type cloth.
Originally Posted by denlem
I have a rattle too on my passenger side, but it is the window. If I put it down a little it goes away.
Hello guys,

Have you brought this up to your Ford dealer’s attention? If not, please make an appointment with them as soon as possible. Your Service Manager is in the best position to look into this for you. He can also look into any warranty, Recalls, or Customer Satisfaction Programs that may apply to your vehicle. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me.

Deysha
Old 9/5/12, 07:20 AM
GT Member

Most likely one of the window guide tracks is loose. There are several bolts that hold the tracks in place and they can loosen. I had one on my drivers side. Take off the door panel. Think there were 4 bolts if I remember right - 2 for each track. Pretty easy process.
Old 9/10/12, 07:10 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rattle

Had the same problem, discovered there was a nut behind the reflector on the door. Popped it off and tightened the nut behind it problem solved. It was a window guide.
Old 12/29/17, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by FordService
Hello guys,

Have you brought this up to your Ford dealer’s attention? If not, please make an appointment with them as soon as possible. Your Service Manager is in the best position to look into this for you. He can also look into any warranty, Recalls, or Customer Satisfaction Programs that may apply to your vehicle. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me.

Deysha
I'm pretty sure people on this forum can figure out that they can take their car to the Ford dealer. I'm also pretty sure the reason they are looking for answers here is so they don't have to pay the Ford dealer upwards of $100 an hour to fix a problem that is prevalent enough that it should be covered by a recall or TSB.