2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ran from the Man

Search this Thread

Old 1/27/05, 10:42 AM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here in CA it can take the DMV 6-8 weeks to send you plates for a new car. The dealer places a temporary paper tag on your lower right windshield that is small enough that a cop couldn't read the info off it unless the car is stopped. We don't get the large paper temporary tags that can be read from a distance like some states do.
[/quote]

My plates took exactly 60 days to come in.
Old 1/27/05, 11:03 AM

I have to strongly condemn 130 in a residential zone.

I'm thinking this officer must have been a Ford lover, considering he let you go. I would think the officer would have cut the Corvette the break and pursued you for not complying with his order to pull over.

Considering there aren't very many '05 Mustangs out there yet, and especially if you bought your car locally and live in the area this happened, it shouldn't be that hard for the officer to find you.

Hopefully, that officer won't run into you again (even off duty) and hopefully he doesn't read these forums.
Old 1/27/05, 11:05 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

once again....I didn't do 130mph in a residential zone.
Old 1/27/05, 11:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

They're not readin man.
Old 1/27/05, 11:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by SurfnSoCal@January 27, 2005, 2:08 PM
Isn't that about the fortieth time you've said that? Man, some people just don't read the threads they post in, lol.

As for the cop, sounds like you were lucky. Maybe he was just tired, at the end of long shift, or just plain lazy... but whatever the cause, he didn't chase you when he should've. Real tough to outrun a radio... especially in the broad daylight.

I have an Uncle in law enforcement up in Staten Island... you would be surprised of how many people actually DO get away! From what he's told me, it's usually the ones who run in the dead of night in an area where there is no helicopter available.

As a side note, perhaps you should put a disclaimer on your post stating everything you said was a ficticious story... a hypothetical situation. You know, just in case "The Man" is watching.
Old 1/27/05, 11:50 AM

Originally posted by SurfnSoCal@January 27, 2005, 12:08 PM
My bad.
Old 1/27/05, 08:01 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm going to share my 3 street racing stories. One of them is uneventful, but still got the ole juices flowing.

First the stinky one. I had a 1984 Camaro Z-28. Pulled up next to a mid-90s 'Stang GT. Guess he felt like having Chevy for lunch, because he revved his engine and pointed straight ahead. I shrugged, revved my engine a few times, and got ready to race. My Camaro had an upgraded cam system in it, so getting on the gas while at a stand still caused the car to rock. He actually looked a little worried when he saw the car rock in place as she growled. Unfortunately... my exhaust system was nothing more than stove pipe from Lowes .
Light turned green, I got burned.

Second story was my first "attempt" at street racing. My first car was a 1975 Nova with a 250 L6. Piece of crap car. A friend wanted to race it. He owned a piece of crap truck. We would race from Kroger to the nearby BP. Whichever vehicle car that made it there first without falling apart would win! We lined up, hit the gas, and launched. I actually stayed in the lead for about 5 seconds before I convinently forgot the road curved ahead. At the last second, I cut the wheels hard left, just in time to slide into the curb sideways. I hopped up on the two right wheels, skided sideways, then landed on all 4 wheels in the grass. Thought for sure I would flip it. Needless to say we both got a good laugh out of it once my heart calmed down.

Lastly... it pisses me off when people tailgait me. In my 1997 Mercury Sable, a van got right on my ****, literally 6 inches from my bumper on a 2 lane road. Too close to break check, so I just slowed down. 15 in a 55, but he would not pass. He finally deceided to try to go around, so I gunned it. Left him eating my 3.0 V6 dust! After leaving him a sufficient distance behind, I resumed my normal speed of 5-10 above the posted speed limit. Once again, he flew up and got literally 6 inches from my rear. Once again, I slowed down, nearly to a stop this time. I see him cursing in my rear view mirror, and I am laughing to myself, hoping he doesn't have a gun. When he attempts to pass, I once again gun it, leaving him far behind. We're nearing town, and the first light is red. I stop, and he stops behind me. I'm still a little pissed from the last tailgating episode, so when the light turns green, I just sit there with my finger up my nose. He is swearing really good now. Can't pass due to oncomming traffic. He leans out his window, calling me many words I can't say here, then asks "Want to race f*****?" I laugh, yell back "SURE! GO!" Then punch the gas, leaving him once again in my dust. The road widens here to 4 lanes, so at the next light he pulls up next to me. He is swearing a lot and LOUD, and for the first time I notice others in his van, and they all look like angry Rednecks. At this point, I fear I may be shot. The driver then GETS OUT OF HIS CAR... I've had enough. I make sure no cars are comming, and I run through the redlight. He immediately gets back in the van and follows me at a higher-than-legal rate of speed. I do the only thing I can think of that will protect me, go faster and get home, which luckily was on an Air Force base at the time. He can't keep up with me, so I easily outrun him to the nearest gate and enter Base. He can't follow me there... so I am finally safe.

I am a horses's rear end sometimes...
Old 1/27/05, 11:17 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For all those that are getting pulled over (mentioned in other topics too) or nearly pulled over......rub your good luck charms, admit responsibility then go to court or just go out and buy a good radar detector. I know they aren't bullet-proof against the cops, but they do remind you of how many cops are actually out there buzzing people. I got the Passport 8500 X50 as one of my first "mods" and I can't tell you how smart it was. Driving Mustangs of course we want to see what they have and show them off to others occasionally...but to add at least a little security and have a "safe feeling", get a good radar detector. I mean, the stang is a very hot vehicle out now and they do get everyones attention! For those of you in states that they are illegal......there are ways of hiding them especially with the models that are designed to go under the dash, etc. They at least show you how many cops are actually out there hiding and waiting just for us. It shocked me!!
Old 1/28/05, 12:41 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I agree with JessicaRabbit also we are all responsible adults , there is a time and a place for things. I for one just automatically slow down in residential areas but will use extra care at the school zones and shopping areas it just good common sence, You'll have more respect that way. I prommise although some will just never notice but you will ! Safe Driving To All.
Old 1/28/05, 05:22 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

My babies are out there playing......And their friends.....That makes me think I wouldn't want to mash one of them in a car.

I live in a SOLID residential area,Smack hiney in the middle of suburbia with a speed limit of 20 MPH. My neighborhood is also a shortcut to avoid a bottleneck that takes forever to get through in the AM. Fools run through here in the mornings going 40-50 MPH while people are waiting on the school bus. Sad thing is, its deranged soccer moms in minivans doing it. We have 4-5 Mustang regulars come through here in the AM and none of them speed. Go figure.

Not that I don't kind of speed, but I don't go more than 5-10 over ever. Five on the regular roads, ten or so on the interstates.I got my leadfoot cured when I was going 80 in a 55 slowed down to 70 to take a curve and immediately got pulled over when I rounded the curve(unpopulated country road) and warned on a 69 in a 55.I didn't get a ticket simply because I was honest and respectful to the trooper that pulled me over. Since then I have been on my best behavior. Actually more petrified because my husbands leadfoot translates into very expensive insurance on my mustang. Driving a bright yellow sports car also makes me think the cops gonna look for me first thing if he sees speeders.

Go Figure, my inlaws are both retired PD. Neither will give me a PBA card because they figure I will abuse it. They give one to my husband, and hes the one who gets ticketed with regularity every 36 months. My mother in law gets livid with me when I tell my I was pulled over and didn't get a ticket stories(they are numerous).

Just be careful out there! And also the best trick I know, if you see a cop, don't put the brakes on, thats an admission of guilt, and they will get you every time. Trust me on that- been with the hubby before and its happened to him.
Old 1/28/05, 06:47 AM

So, the guys goes out, does something illegal, gets away with it, then comes here to tell the whole world about it. :scratch: What an idiot. :cop: