2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ran from the Man

Search this Thread

Old 1/26/05, 05:04 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Kellarina+January 26, 2005, 5:47 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kellarina @ January 26, 2005, 5:47 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-SurfnSoCal@January 26, 2005, 4:39 PM
I don't have plates on my car....not even dealer ones....
Why the heck don't you have plates on your car? Still haven't gotten them yet? You sure do have ***** to drive around without them, I sure wouldn't. You're lucky you didn't get pulled over, again.
[/b][/quote]
I think he just got his car about a week ago or so, most states give you 30 days to get your tags and register the vehicle.
Old 1/26/05, 05:08 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmm... hopefully he doesn't recognise you in a few days and pulls you over for a "broken taillight"
Old 1/26/05, 05:11 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought you recieved Vanity plates already, didnt you post that? Or were you just posting that you ordered them? If so how come you havent put them on?
Old 1/26/05, 05:26 PM
Bullitt Member

I know in my state you at least have to have sometype of dealer or temporary tegs on the car, you can't just drive around without any ID.
Old 1/26/05, 05:30 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

How should I ride then? I haven't gotten them yet from dmv... :scratch:
Old 1/26/05, 05:30 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

yeah, vanity plates are on order....MV8TANG
Old 1/26/05, 05:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by SurfnSoCal@January 26, 2005, 6:33 PM
How should I ride then?
Don't know.

At least your state has some leeway with that. And there's no snow there. Hey, Maybe I'm just jealous. Haha.
Old 1/26/05, 07:20 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just a quick note on this story. First off, personally, I'd MUCH rather a ticket for speed contest at 40mph than a speeding ticket at 130 in a residential. If they'd have caught you doing that, you'd probably lost the car AND your license. The other thing that hits me as a father is that, at 130 in a 25 or 35 zone, something truly horrible could've happened.

I love these cars, and play like the next guy. Don't speed in residential man. Things could pin the ugly meter doing that stuff.
Old 1/26/05, 07:43 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm not condoning it...I'm merely saying that since the officer never indicated in any way to pull over, what reason did SurfnSoCal have to pull over?
Old 1/26/05, 08:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 116 Likes on 86 Posts
This reminds me of something I heard in traffic court once. . .

Defendant: Your Honor, traffic was heavy and everyone was speeding. I had to go faster or get run over.

Judge: Is that true, officer? Was traffic heavy? Were most people speeding?

Officer: Yes, your Honor, that is correct. I turned on my lights and sirens, and he's the only one that pulled over.

It took about a minute to restore order in that traffic court.
Old 1/26/05, 08:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ok, I might as well tell my story too.

When I was young and dumb I lived on MSU's campus in East Lansing, Michigan. MSU is known as a party school and so the cops there tend to crack down pretty hard on any sort of illegal activity.

I've even gotten a ticket for going 5 over just because the guy was looking for drunk drivers at 2am.

Anyway, in my state when you buy a used vehicle from a private party, the title of the vehicle allows you to drive back to your residence (or to DMV, I believe). From there on out you have to get a plate for it.

It is illegal to have another plate on your car which is not registered to that vehicle.

I had bought an 88 notchback LX 5.0, and I wanted to take it out and run it on the street, since it had been some time since I had owned a Stang. DMV was closed, and being the dumb kid I was, I took the plate off my other vehicle, threw it on the Stang, grabbed a friend, and went down the main drag of MSU's campus with the car. When you have a good looking Stang people want you to light the tires up...so, at one intersection I did just that for a group of girls. I see a cop going the other way, and I see him look over at me, then in my rear view I see him pass a couple of cars and pull into a turn-around in the median of the divided 4 lane road.

I got a red at the next light, and I knew I would be toast if I sat there. I was thinking, this vehicle is not yet even in my name, I have no registration and the wrong plates...he's gonna think I stole it. Try explaining your way outta that one.

So, my one other choice is to outrun him. Luckily I knew the campus well enough to get around the red lights, and stay just ahead of him. I finally turn onto my street (our driveway was off of an alley), and I knew that I'd have just enough time to hit our driveway and run in the house...so I killed the ignition while the car was still rolling, my buddy and I had our doors open before the car stopped, and I left the keys in the car so that at the very least I could say someone else was driving it...

we rushed around the house and peeking around the corner saw his car roll by a few seconds later, with two more cops on his heels... :worship:

I thought I was going to poop myself.

Oh, and then there is the time we had riots going on at MSU and I got chased by the cops for riding a motorcycle on the sidewalk with a chick on back...neither of us having helmets on, which is illegal in MI.

Yeah, I was a crazy kid. Never been arrested though...yet.
Old 1/26/05, 08:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Humm I wonder if Fat Albert's Cessna Air Plane Engine would fit in a Mustang ? That would be Far Out ? Think then you'd have to buy a closed up air strip or base.
Old 1/26/05, 08:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 97svtgoin05gt@January 26, 2005, 8:23 PM
Just a quick note on this story. First off, personally, I'd MUCH rather a ticket for speed contest at 40mph than a speeding ticket at 130 in a residential. If they'd have caught you doing that, you'd probably lost the car AND your license. The other thing that hits me as a father is that, at 130 in a 25 or 35 zone, something truly horrible could've happened.

I love these cars, and play like the next guy. Don't speed in residential man. Things could pin the ugly meter doing that stuff.
Going 130 in a residedential he should lose the car, license and his freedom.
Old 1/26/05, 10:50 PM
Bullitt Member

lol gj surfn! i dont care what anyone says, crap happens, have fun! everyone is stupid when theyre young (or at any age) screw the vette, we're ford people here
Old 1/27/05, 12:04 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

K, I have done my share of street racing... I dont condone it...

But, most importantly, Rick, your dad was PD. I grew up around PD. When an officer pulls in FRONT of you, lights on, slowing your speed to well below the limit, he is pulling you over. You also know that as the son of an officer, that this is a common manuvuer used to pull over more than one vehicle.

Glad you got away, everyone is right. Exhibition of speed/speed contest is a cheaper ticket than the felony reckless and reckless endangerment charges for the 130 in the residential.

There is one thing most people should remember, you can NEVER outrun a radio.

Sorry for the lecture man... good to know all ended well, and you learned from it. Its like the time I blew past a cop at 125 in my 99... got home after nearly pooping my pants, and swore I would NEVER EVER do it again, and I havent.
Old 1/27/05, 12:55 AM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

yeah but radioing another officer who later pulls you over in a different area while not breaking any laws would have an impossible time proving you were the original culprit when you dont have any plates or anything that would identify the exact car.
Old 1/27/05, 07:56 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 116 Likes on 86 Posts
I had some moments in my '69 Mustang, but nothing at all like you folks.

Guess I have led the quiet, laid-back life.
Old 1/27/05, 09:29 AM
Team Mustang Source

Glad it wasn't me at that light....IF I have the chance to take out a Cobra and a Vette at the same time you can bet I would have been well into the pedal in order to smoke those two....LOL Not condoning street racing, but I've had my new pony for over 3 months and haven't been lucky enough to find a pair like that who wanted to even have a little fun yet......

John
Old 1/27/05, 09:53 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Kellarina+January 26, 2005, 5:47 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kellarina @ January 26, 2005, 5:47 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-SurfnSoCal@January 26, 2005, 4:39 PM
I don't have plates on my car....not even dealer ones....
;

Why the heck don't you have plates on your car? Still haven't gotten them yet?
[/b][/quote]

Here in CA it can take the DMV 6-8 weeks to send you plates for a new car. The dealer places a temporary paper tag on your lower right windshield that is small enough that a cop couldn't read the info off it unless the car is stopped. We don't get the large paper temporary tags that can be read from a distance like some states do.
Old 1/27/05, 10:36 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Oh man....you guys!

I turned the corner and went up a hill that has a speed limit of 55mph. It wasn't residential. Its a 4 lane road up a hill/mountain.....to homes. Once I got to the residential part...I slowed way down.

I know Jess, I think he might have been trying to pull me over. But he didn't exactly woop is horn or anything when I slowly passed him.

Trust me...I learned my lesson......if your gonna race...make sure you are fast like that cobra and get away....not hang arround with a chevy.

just kidding....anyway...thought I would share my excitement, and luck.

Quick Reply: Ran from the Man