Search this Thread

Old 10/1/04, 06:11 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry for not replying sooner, Bestop/Magna no longer makes tops for Mustangs
Old 10/1/04, 08:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
It has a perimeter alarm with sensors. That was what the test car they would beat on with hammers was for. If someone wants to mess it up they will anyway. It stinks your car was vandalized, I can take all kinds of verbal abuse, and wont carry a grudge if I loos a fight, or control myself if a girlfriend cheated on me, but I would KILL someone for touching my car, twice. I would definately start by shooting them in the ding ding.
Old 10/2/04, 10:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GhostTiger -

As others have already stated, sorry to hear about your car getting broken into.

The active anti-theft system on the 2005's activates when the doors, hood, or trunk are opened, motion is sensed _inside_ the passenger compartment, or the vehicle is tilted, while the car is locked/armed.

In general, designing any alarm system (automotive or otherwise) involves striking a balance between sensitivity to detect theft attempts while minimizing false alarms. It is important that the car be properly secured (i.e. doors, windows, trunk, hood fully closed) for best theft prevention and alarm performance (duh).

2005 Mustangs with the optional active anti-theft system also provide a global open-close function for the windows to help secure your vehicle. This allows you to open the windows using your remote keyfob or open and close them using your key in the driver's door.

I hope this gives a better understanding of how the system works.