2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Questions before I get my steeda bumper painted.

Search this Thread

Old 8/31/13, 03:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions before I get my steeda bumper painted.

Whats up guys,

I went to a local body shop that a family member mentioned to me.

I have a steeda bumper that i am going to put on and I obviously need to get this thing painted.

The car is grabber orange. Now i know you would have to maybe blend this into the paint but I am on a budget.

The body shop said $800 which he would paint the bumper and the paint the fenders because the GO paint is a tough color and it will be off. I knew this would sort of be an issue but I asked about just painting the bumper and he said $350.

The guy was a little snippy when I thought $800 was a lot of money but to me how hard is it going to be to match the car. It is a little faded but I had received the mirror covers from american muscle as a gift and they were spot on.

What do you guys think? What prices have everyone been getting at shops?

Also I dont think I am going to go with the $800 version I will probably do the $350. The extra $450 can go towards a new spoiler and other exterior mods. I am not **** retentive that the color has to be exact and to me why just paint the fenders?

Thoughts??

Thanks
Old 8/31/13, 05:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts
I know there were 3 different blends of the Legend lime paint. Mine still came out pretty good. Were there different blends of the GO paint? If not save your money and still nothing lost if you don't blend I would think you could still have it blended later.
Old 8/31/13, 06:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
I know there were 3 different blends of the Legend lime paint. Mine still came out pretty good. Were there different blends of the GO paint? If not save your money and still nothing lost if you don't blend I would think you could still have it blended later.
Thanks for the response

No he didn't mention anything about different blends

I just think why only paint the entire fenders? What about the hood? What about the rest of the car ?

I feel like if that's done the whole car is not going match up.

To me a bumper is a bumper it's going to get scratched up and I'm putting a stripe on it so I would say just go the cheaper route ... I just wanted another opinion if someone was in the same dilemma and regretted one choice over the other
Old 9/3/13, 09:10 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mptant913
Whats up guys,

I went to a local body shop that a family member mentioned to me.

I have a steeda bumper that i am going to put on and I obviously need to get this thing painted.

The car is grabber orange. Now i know you would have to maybe blend this into the paint but I am on a budget.

The body shop said $800 which he would paint the bumper and the paint the fenders because the GO paint is a tough color and it will be off. I knew this would sort of be an issue but I asked about just painting the bumper and he said $350.

The guy was a little snippy when I thought $800 was a lot of money but to me how hard is it going to be to match the car. It is a little faded but I had received the mirror covers from american muscle as a gift and they were spot on.

What do you guys think? What prices have everyone been getting at shops?

Also I dont think I am going to go with the $800 version I will probably do the $350. The extra $450 can go towards a new spoiler and other exterior mods. I am not **** retentive that the color has to be exact and to me why just paint the fenders?

Thoughts??

Thanks
Body work is definitely expensive! If your paint is good shape, I don't think it will be necessary to blend the paint. Blending the fenders may look a little bit better but I think you'll be fine with just painting the bumper!

I'm glad to hear your mirror covers are spot on! I wish I could be more help with the bumper but all I can do is offer my .o2. Let me know if you have any questions for me and Good luck! Post up some pictures when you get the bumper painted, we'd love to check it out.

-Dan
Old 9/3/13, 06:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer

Body work is definitely expensive! If your paint is good shape, I don't think it will be necessary to blend the paint. Blending the fenders may look a little bit better but I think you'll be fine with just painting the bumper!

I'm glad to hear your mirror covers are spot on! I wish I could be more help with the bumper but all I can do is offer my .o2. Let me know if you have any questions for me and Good luck! Post up some pictures when you get the bumper painted, we'd love to check it out.

-Dan
Thanks Dan .

Quick question what's the difference in size between the gt500 wing and your preprainted one?
Old 9/3/13, 07:12 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
I wouldn't bother with the blending. I'm currently debating a GT500 rear bumper, and blending the paint never even crossed my mind.
Old 9/3/13, 07:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
I wouldn't bother with the blending. I'm currently debating a GT500 rear bumper, and blending the paint never even crossed my mind.
Thanks for the input.. Deff going to not do the blending

It's to much money and I rather get the spoiler and stripes with it

Can't wait till this is done
Old 9/4/13, 10:19 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mptant913
Thanks Dan .

Quick question what's the difference in size between the gt500 wing and your preprainted one?
For 2005-2009 we only carry one rear spoiler and it's the Pre-Painted GT500 spoiler. We offered this pre-painted in your color code as well!

-Dan