2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions to ask by dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 2/24/05, 05:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well the frustration is starting to mount. Today is Thursday and no call from the dealer telling me that my car is going to be built. I ordered on 12-20, GT Premium, Mineral Gray with Shaker 500, spoiler delete, ISP, active anti thieft, 5 speed.

Every week the dealer says, "oh you will get pulled next week because you didn't order the IUP". I have to say that here in northern California I haven't seen more than 3 GT's so far and I spend close to 100 miles a day on the road. None of the dealers are getting anything around here.

What questions should I ask him about the status of my car. I see talk about priority numbers etc, but I would to ask an inteligent question and try and find out out is going on.

Any advice would be appreciated. :bang:
Old 2/24/05, 06:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the 2 most important things are allocations and your priority.

The lower the priority on your order the better and don't let them BS you about a number lower than 10. They can't assign it.

Next find out about their allocations and how many people are ahead of you in orders. You might be sitting waiting for that allocation.

Your wait does not seem that unusual but things are now picking up in GT builds. Some have been waiting longer, some shorter Ford needs to revamp their order fulfillment process.

After waiting since 11/6 and scheduled for a build next week I have found a new level to my patience. I just keep thinking "It will be worth it in the end" and so will you.

Hang in there.