2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Questions about AQHA discount

Search this Thread

Old 12/13/04 | 07:04 PM
V6 Member

1. Can this discount be applied to the deal at the time of sale, or is it some sort of after-sale rebate. Im hoping its something that can be applied to the price of the car at the time of purchase.

2. Does this discount in any way effect the money the dealership gets for the sale of the car? My experience with car dealers is that if they know you are getting a cashback or discount, they try to show you figures that look like THEY are giving you that money off and they shouldnt move any more on it. What Id like to do is say Ill give you 750 over invoice, get that verbally agreed to, and then present them with my AQHA discount for the additional 500 savings. So what Im saying is would this come out of the dealers profits (and therefore make them rethink the deal)? In other words, who pays for the discount, the dealership or Ford?
Old 12/13/04 | 07:12 PM
Bullitt Member

1. it can be applied at the time of purchase.

2. The dealership gets the $500 from AQHA.

I have a question though, has anyone found out if the expiration of this rebate (12/31) will be extended like it has in the past?
Old 12/13/04 | 07:14 PM
Bullitt Member

1.) It can be applied at the time of the sale. It does NOT stack with plans like X, A, Z etc. You only hafta be a member of AQHA for 30 days to enjoy this benefit.

2.) The only effect it has on dealers like you are talking about is adding to their greed factor. Ford is paying for this discount, it doesn't cost the dealership a dime. That kind of dealer you are talking about is trying to move your discount into HIS pocket. :notnice:

As long as you have done your homework, and know exactly what the costs are for the car, come to an agreement about how much you are going to pay for the car itself and documentation fee, the rest should just fall into place, as you are stuck paying a set FDAF fee, sales taxes (other than changing dealerships) etc.

Just remember, knowledge is power against the crooked dealer.
Old 12/13/04 | 08:23 PM
Bullitt Member

OSUstangfan,

Somewhere either at this forum or at StangNet I read that it was NOT expiring per an e-mail from either AQHA or FORD, though I think it was from AQHA

EDIT: Found the thread..Make your own judgement
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=520347
Old 12/14/04 | 10:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Talked to my dealer this morning about this very subject since we have recently joined . He says this deal has been around for years - and that there are others just like it. He promised to send me a list of them to look up on the internet for details. He says it's definitely possible to use multiple deals to get rebates but is unsure which do or do not apply to Mustang. We'll investigate and post any findings.
Old 12/14/04 | 10:31 AM
Bullitt Member

http://www.fordfleetdirect.com/aqha.htm

that's a little bit more info about the AQHA discount, straight from ford.
Old 12/15/04 | 07:24 AM
V6 Member

Drivetime - be sure to post that list when you get it. That would be great to be able to stack discounts!