2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Question for Ford Salespeople

Search this Thread

Old 4/23/05, 06:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
I have a question for you salespeople out there. Breifly here is what happened to me so you know some background info. My salesman told me yesterday that my 2/16/05 order for a GT coupe got bumped by Ford and their dealership was sent two convertibles instead of my order. He said that this probably insured that my order will now be an 06 order even though it was from 2/16/05. Here is my question. I've heard from another source that only the dealership bumps orders, not Ford. Who can bump standing orders Ford or the dealership? I need to know because come Monday I am going in to the dealership to get answers as to why my order was bumped so I would like to know from an outside source how orders get bumped. If it is the dealership, it stinks. they have their two convertibles sitting there instead of me getting my order. If it got bumped from Ford, then I don't have a big issue with the dealership. So it is kind of important that I get some inside info. Thanks a bunch!
Old 4/23/05, 06:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like a commodities issue. If the commodities for a given week are just verts than no coupes get pulled. Same thing happened to me after I ordered. Went like 3 weeks while they pulled verts and V6's because that is what the commodities dictacted.
Old 4/24/05, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Scarpi@April 23, 2005, 6:12 PM
I have a question for you salespeople out there. Breifly here is what happened to me so you know some background info. My salesman told me yesterday that my 2/16/05 order for a GT coupe got bumped by Ford and their dealership was sent two convertibles instead of my order. He said that this probably insured that my order will now be an 06 order even though it was from 2/16/05. Here is my question. I've heard from another source that only the dealership bumps orders, not Ford. Who can bump standing orders Ford or the dealership? I need to know because come Monday I am going in to the dealership to get answers as to why my order was bumped so I would like to know from an outside source how orders get bumped. If it is the dealership, it stinks. they have their two convertibles sitting there instead of me getting my order. If it got bumped from Ford, then I don't have a big issue with the dealership. So it is kind of important that I get some inside info. Thanks a bunch!
Ford is the one doing the bumping. Some weeks they pull both to be built, some weeks they only pull coupes or verts.