2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Product Hold

Search this Thread

Old 12/12/06, 03:07 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Product Hold

I spoke to an "analyst" when I called the VOPC and she said that they were informed that there was a hold on ALL mustangs at the ramp. The ERL says my car has been released from the foreign assembly plant but has been saying this since last Wednesday. It should have changed to "your vehicle has been shipped" by now. Anyone know of what is causing this hold?

I just want my car...
Old 12/12/06, 03:17 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Kevin,

I heard from a reliable source (MotorTrend employee) that 07 GTs are being held in order to install the new Boss 302 engines that will put out 375hp.
Old 12/12/06, 03:55 PM
GT Member

Whatchu talkin' bout Willis?! Is this hold affecting all Mustangs, GTs and V6s, coupes and verts?

Old 12/12/06, 04:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by AFBLUE
Kevin,

I heard from a reliable source (MotorTrend employee) that 07 GTs are being held in order to install the new Boss 302 engines that will put out 375hp.
That's just wrong!!!
Old 12/12/06, 04:28 PM
GT Member

Old 12/12/06, 06:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by bigkbull
I spoke to an "analyst" when I called the VOPC and she said that they were informed that there was a hold on ALL mustangs at the ramp. The ERL says my car has been released from the foreign assembly plant but has been saying this since last Wednesday. It should have changed to "your vehicle has been shipped" by now. Anyone know of what is causing this hold?

I just want my car...
Kev,

Don't fret the ERL. When mine was built the first Thursday of the '07 production, the ERL said the same thing about the "Foreign" assembly plant. It ended up arriving without the ERL ever changing from that message. Hopefully yours is on its way.
Old 12/12/06, 06:57 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by AFBLUE
Kevin,

Dude, so mean... just, so mean...

Originally Posted by cookiemonster
Whatchu talkin' bout Willis?! Is this hold affecting all Mustangs, GTs and V6s, coupes and verts?

The "analyst" said that ALL mustangs were being held "at the ramp".

Originally Posted by steevr
Kev,

Don't fret the ERL. When mine was built the first Thursday of the '07 production, the ERL said the same thing about the "Foreign" assembly plant. It ended up arriving without the ERL ever changing from that message. Hopefully yours is on its way.
Well, I was hoping this at first, so I tried to see if I could get a railcar number. That's when I... *errr* my salesman called and spoke to the analyst and she said that one of the systems she was looking at showed the product hold. That was last Friday. Today I called again and the woman immediately said that she knew that she was told that all mustangs were being held up. I don't know what's going on. I hope I get it soon.
Old 12/12/06, 07:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

I think you need to get past that anaylst. on 12/6 they started the run on the shellby GT's. They have priority for one week, anything not complete, is being held to finish that run.
Old 12/12/06, 08:08 PM
GT Member

nm ... I just got an update tonight (12/12) from the ERL after pestering her day and night (literally), that my car was released as of 12/11 .. with an eta week of 12/15

Looks like we might get our Mustangs around the same time bigkbull (btw, thanks for the orderstatus doc!!)
Old 12/13/06, 03:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
AAI at Flat Rock, MI is a foreign assembly plant (Joint venture between Mazda and Ford, but majority ownership IIRC is with Mazda of Japan).
Old 12/13/06, 09:02 AM
GT Member

nm ... I just got an update tonight (12/12) from the ERL after pestering her day and night (literally), that my car was released as of 12/11 .. with an eta week of 12/15

Looks like we might get our Mustangs around the same time bigkbull (btw, thanks for the orderstatus doc!!)
This makes me feel a little better about the eta I am getting. I don't think they would keep giving out an eta so close if they new there was a hold or delay of some sorts. It does look like we will be getting our Christmas presents around the same time cm! The excitement is almost too much for me.

P.S. No prob with the doc!
Old 12/13/06, 09:39 AM

ERL changed my status last night from: Has been released to "SHipped via rail carrier" but my eta moved from 12/11 to 12/21 .......arrgggg......

at this rate it will be exactly 6 months from my order date to my delivery date! that might be a record!! lol
Old 12/13/06, 01:22 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by VanGO
ERL changed my status last night from: Has been released to "SHipped via rail carrier" but my eta moved from 12/11 to 12/21 .......arrgggg......

at this rate it will be exactly 6 months from my order date to my delivery date! that might be a record!! lol

Well, with this information I think it's safe to say that if there was some sort of hold, it's over now. This gives me faith that my status will update shortly as well.

VanGO, do you remember when your status changed to "Released from foreign assembly plant"? Just trying to get an idea as to the timeframe here. Thanks in advance.
Old 12/13/06, 02:37 PM
GT Member

"eta week of 12/15" ... who knows exactly what that means? That it will arrive the week before 12/15, or after 12/15?
Old 12/13/06, 05:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow, 6 months. I don't think I could have taken it, I would have had an anxiety attack or at the very least a restraining order from the dealer for all the phone calls lol. For me it was 8 weeks to the day, not to bad compared to allot of others.
Old 12/13/06, 06:33 PM
GT Member

"eta week of 12/15" ... who knows exactly what that means? That it will arrive the week before 12/15, or after 12/15?
From talking to customer service, my understanding of it is that it means a week starting with 12/15. Therefore, an eta week of 12/15 actually means an eta between 12/15 and 12/22. My birthday is 12/18, so I'm hoping that's when it comes because it would just be cool. I have a feeling I wouldn't mind if it comes beforehand tho!
Old 12/13/06, 07:47 PM

Just got my 07 Perf. White GT home. Ordered on 10/09/06, came to the dealership 12/12/06 and got it today. It was cool because today is my 37th birthday. It took the whole day to get it because I had the dealer install FR3 suspension package and GTA mufflers.
Rides nice and sounds awsome.

All I can say be patient wait is worth it.

Ari
Old 12/13/06, 08:47 PM

It told me on Nov 21st that it had been "released from foreign assembly plant"..... now i don't know what it was doing for 20 days?! mind you this "product hold" could explain it..... now on the other hand i did order the car with option 47a "OTT Racing Stripe" as a factory installed option so I dunno if this is put on on the assembly line or after it leaves the "foreign assemble plant"? that could also delay it a bit i guess.....

Either way its on a train and will be here soon!! I CANT WAIT!!!!

Originally Posted by bigkbull
Well, with this information I think it's safe to say that if there was some sort of hold, it's over now. This gives me faith that my status will update shortly as well.

VanGO, do you remember when your status changed to "Released from foreign assembly plant"? Just trying to get an idea as to the timeframe here. Thanks in advance.
Old 12/13/06, 09:05 PM
GT Member

I seem to remember reading somewhere that stripes were put on a car at a different company/location after being released from the assembly plant .. so that's probably what the holdup is?

It told me on Nov 21st that it had been "released from foreign assembly plant"..... now i don't know what it was doing for 20 days?! mind you this "product hold" could explain it..... now on the other hand i did order the car with option 47a "OTT Racing Stripe" as a factory installed option so I dunno if this is put on on the assembly line or after it leaves the "foreign assemble plant"? that could also delay it a bit i guess.....

Either was its on a train and will be here soon!! I CANT WAIT!!!!
Old 12/14/06, 06:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

Congrats Ari. Definately worth the wait. AAI does NOT stripe the cars.

The only reason for the 1 week delay was to get the Black & White GT's up to speed, for their commitment to SAI. The hold was actually only 5 days, and the Black & White's are now on third shift only.

Everything is back to normal at AAI.

Quick Reply: Product Hold