2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Price Debate!

Search this Thread

Old 6/15/04, 01:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've read articles from ford makers, workers, what have you, stating the new mustangs (2005's) would keep the affordability of the new mustangs, stating it will be on or under $20,000. I was looking at the GT model, which was never mentioned in price, so the question remains, has anyone heard of any SOLID price quote yet?
Old 6/15/04, 02:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No, but I'd be willing to bet the cost of a GT that this forum will be locked by the end of the week as this is one of the chronically repeated subjects.

Welcome to the boards, btw.
Old 6/15/04, 02:59 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Can I use that padlock, can I, can I?????????

Old 6/15/04, 03:20 AM

If I had to guess, Id say the prices will be slightly higher (1 to 3k$) than the current 04 models.
Old 6/15/04, 06:50 AM
Banned

Do you think this new mustang will have 18" wheels?
Old 6/15/04, 07:04 AM
GT Member

maybe it's wishful thinking on my part, but from what i've read and knowing how price conscious we are, i would think a 5% increase would be the MOST we will see. the bigger question, imo, is whether the dealers will include a mark-up and that's harder to predict. if the demand from the public far exceeeds the output of the factory, it will be very tempting to add something to the bottom line. jackg 90seville 94k
Old 6/15/04, 07:04 AM
Team Mustang Source

Once again, we are harrasing new people. If you don't like what they are posting, don't read it. If you feel you must respond, do so kindly such as "these topics are discussed in the FAQ section". Not everyone knows how to search or that the topic is discussed in the FAQ.

If you are still not happy about it, I hear Stangnet is accepting members, go there. I'd rather have newbies that post reposts than the recent rash of newer members that feel that they must bash the reposters. If you think about it, your whines about reposting are reposts themselves. we have all read them before (and several of us are more tired of reading them than we are the price, 18" etc. posts). Maybe we should add "reposts are inevitible" to the FAQs section.

One of the keys to this board is that it is filled with mustang enthusiast. In general mustang enthusiast are nice people and welcome new ones to "the club".

So, Let's stop giving these people a hard time.
Old 6/15/04, 07:10 AM
GTR Member

Crazyhorse,

Point taken, but I was referring to the people that bash the Newbies and want to use the padlock, not the newbies themselves. It was just a little joke, I was a newbie not so long ago.... B)

Apologies to Liltony if I came across all wrong.

James
Old 6/15/04, 07:16 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by crazyhorse@June 15, 2004, 8:07 AM
Once again, we are harrasing new people. If you don't like what they are posting, don't read it. If you feel you must respond, do so kindly such as "these topics are discussed in the FAQ section". Not everyone knows how to search or that the topic is discussed in the FAQ.

If you are still not happy about it, I hear Stangnet is accepting members, go there. I'd rather have newbies that post reposts than the recent rash of newer members that feel that they must bash the reposters. If you think about it, your whines about reposting are reposts themselves. we have all read them before (and several of us are more tired of reading them than we are the price, 18" etc. posts). Maybe we should add "reposts are inevitible" to the FAQs section.

One of the keys to this board is that it is filled with mustang enthusiast. In general mustang enthusiast are nice people and welcome new ones to "the club".

So, Let's stop giving these people a hard time.
:flame2: Well said.
Old 6/15/04, 07:35 AM
Team Mustang Source

I'm not pointing fingers at any one person. Definitely not at the padlock joke. I saw the posts earlier about that and got your joke. I think that is funny.

This post wasn't particularly mean, but, it was still negative. If I were liltony, I would be thinking "these people aren't very friendly" and never come back. He might have a lot to contribute to this board and the mustang hobby in general. If we steer him away now, he might turn rice on us.

I'm just tired of the attitude of "we all know it and so should everyone else". I agree the FAQ is there for that, but, if he had seen it, he would have used it.
Old 6/15/04, 07:44 AM
GTR Member

No probs bud, point well made
Old 6/15/04, 09:09 AM
Cobra R Member

The longer one awaits a delivery date... the more fustration spews out...
Old 6/15/04, 09:20 AM
I Have Admin Envy

unfortunatley this topic has been beaten to death

please view FAQ section before posting new topics