2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Premier Trim Pic from my '07 Vert!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 6/27/06, 09:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by billrodgers
Are all the carpets that short by the pedals?????????? I have not noticed it in the ones I have checked out.
He had to ask... BC, where are you?
Old 6/27/06, 09:20 PM
Cobra R Member

so all cars with the 68b trim package have the bezel, ****, and the dash right?

man am i lucky i waited till 07
Old 6/27/06, 09:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Great looking car. I sure wish they offered the premium trim on the my '05; it appears to be of high quality. Enjoy your ride.
Old 6/27/06, 09:41 PM
GT Member

Great looking Torch Red Mustang!!!

Really nice looking car! Like the dash! How about some pics of the entire interior so we get the full effect of the PTP and the satin trim pieces.

How about some pics of the rolled exhaust tips? And what do the optional wheel locks look like? Can you tell we like your car and want more and more pictures! Keep 'em coming and enjoy your ride!
Old 6/27/06, 10:04 PM
Cobra Member

Nice pics Bob! The only difference I can see between yours and the one I have on order is mine has the red interior as mentioned before and mine will also have the rear spoiler delete because I'm going to be putting a ducktail on it. But they are very close to being twins

Originally Posted by billrodgers
Are all the carpets that short by the pedals?????????? I have not noticed it in the ones I have checked out.
They are all like that. Typically it's not noticeable because it's dark under there, there aren't any lights under the dash. You can only see it in Bob's pics because he probably had the flash on.
Old 6/27/06, 10:07 PM
Cobra Member

BTW, I agree with you on the tips. I was really disappointed after seeing some closeup shots of them. You might check out the Corsa exhaust, the tips looks great and fill out the fascia holes a lot better. Plus the exhaust note is greatly improved and there is no drone unlike many of the other muffler options.
Old 6/27/06, 10:36 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bob,nice ride. Wow I'm jealous about the stitching.Next time I gotta be more patient. Those tips are dissapointing.You might be able to get better aftermarket ones somewhere. My FRPP are 4" rolled slash cut. I luv em.
anyways take care of that baby.Especially the cloth.
Could you please tell me how you post such nice big clear pics and be able to get them to attach??I gotta use Bongo now and its a pain in the ***.Ever since the format change
Old 6/28/06, 03:37 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by incomingRPG
He had to ask... BC, where are you?
Right here, brother. I'm too busy looking that that leather dash - and, yep, it is leather. Same trim package that's on the Shelby (and we know THAT'S leather).
Old 6/28/06, 04:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Bob,
Great pics! Thanks for posting them. Looks like those kids are ALMOST as excited as you.

I was telling my wife about you getting your car and our "support group" here who have all ordered '07s and she started kidding me and pretty much made the same comment as your wife......you know, the 'losers' comment. Well, me being the sm**t *$$ that I am, responded like any sensible Mustang owner would have....."Yeah, a bunch of losers with new Mustangs!"

Have fun!

Chip in SC
Old 6/28/06, 06:49 AM
Cobra Member

Thanks for the dash and side shot of the shift ****. Ya it sounded like a weird request but I wasn't overly thrilled with the way it looked in the first shot... then again I will probably throw an MGW on if I ever order my car (stupid NewEngland winters spoiling the fun, well for a sportscar atleast.. I need the snow).

The car does look really good though. Enjoy it, your kids look like they're eager to learn to drive
Old 6/28/06, 07:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ipchay61

I was telling my wife about you getting your car and our "support group" here who have all ordered '07s and she started kidding me and pretty much made the same comment as your wife......you know, the 'losers' comment.
I guess I should consider myself lucky then. It was my wife who pushed me back into the GT convertible arena because she regretted selling our '95 Canary Yellow one. Back then the yellow was a radical concept for a car, now it is common place. It even had a single disk CD player in it and an active anti theft and (gasp!) 17" wheels. At the time 17" was radical.

We even went so far as to track it down to the last person who titled it in TN via a CarFax report. She wanted to buy it back! The address turned out to be stale.

So, we decided to go new and boy am I glad that I did. I loved the orange when it came out in '97, but it was more orange than this one.

The only thing that I am truly missing about the '95 is the 5.0 in it. I have the same engine in my '97 Mountaineer.
Old 6/28/06, 07:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by flashfearless
I guess I should consider myself lucky then. It was my wife who pushed me back into the GT convertible arena because she regretted selling our '95 Canary Yellow one. Back then the yellow was a radical concept for a car, now it is common place. It even had a single disk CD player in it and an active anti theft and (gasp!) 17" wheels. At the time 17" was radical.
My wife has been quite supportive in the decision to order our Mustang. She even said "only if you order a manual transmission". I didn't tell her that was the only way I was going to even consider one. We both discussed which options to get and she went with me to order it. We even go by the dealer to look at new Mustangs at least once per week until ours gets in. She just kinda draws a line at our "obsession" with tracking all the details. Still, we've been married for...let's see....uh,...hmm.....23 years, yeah, that's it. Guess that means we agree every once in a while, huh?

Chip
Old 6/28/06, 08:17 AM

I have read your responces, and it looks like we have ordered exactly the same, awsome choices! I also have ordered the CDC ducktail and Light bar.
Old 6/28/06, 09:15 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Rotormd
I have read your responces, and it looks like we have ordered exactly the same, awsome choices! I also have ordered the CDC ducktail and Light bar.
Woah, our cars are going to be VERY similar! I'm taking the CDC light bar out of my V6 (as well as some aluminum bits) and will be putting it into the GT. I'm not going with the CDC ducktail because it covers the brakelight, but I'm going with one very similar to it. The only differences in my order and yours is I have the polished Bullitts instead of the Fanblades, and I didn't get the side airbags. Otherwise we ordered the exact same options!! Spooky I've also got a vinyl blackout panel to install on the area between the taillights, and the Moss Motors black trim that goes on the taillights. It'll get tinted fairly quickly. I have a Hurst shifter on order too. Eventually I'll be putting axlebacks on and an intake/ tune. I think I'll stop there for a while. Much farther down the road it may get a SC, at that point I'll remove it from daily driver duty.
Old 6/28/06, 09:18 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Tres Wright
Woah, our cars are going to be VERY similar! I'm taking the CDC light bar out of my V6 (as well as some aluminum bits) and will be putting it into the GT. I'm not going with the CDC ducktail because it covers the brakelight, but I'm going with one very similar to it. The only differences in my order and yours is I have the polished Bullitts instead of the Fanblades, and I didn't get the side airbags. Otherwise we ordered the exact same options!! Spooky I've also got a vinyl blackout panel to install on the area between the taillights, and the Moss Motors black trim that goes on the taillights. It'll get tinted fairly quickly. I have a Hurst shifter on order too. Eventually I'll be putting axlebacks on and an intake/ tune. I think I'll stop there for a while. Much farther down the road it may get a SC, at that point I'll remove it from daily driver duty.
i like that plan! I too want a SC somewhere down the line but that peasky little thing called CASH keeps getting in my way
Old 6/28/06, 09:36 AM

TRES WRIGHT, Is your Mustang going to deliver the middle of next month, if so is your VIN close to mine. Also are you thinking about Shelby Stripes or are you leaving it clean ? I'm so pulling my hair out waiting for this car to deliver, this is the first one that I have ordered, I had a 94 Red GT Premium Vert and just loved it!
Old 6/28/06, 11:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Tres Wright
It'll get tinted fairly quickly.
Speaking of tint, you folks who live in the warmer climates, what is the best tinting method? Whom do you recommend?
Old 6/28/06, 04:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ipchay61
Don't forget to post one of yourself receiving the keys in front of the car, beside the car or sitting in the car. (*Note: Steve hasn't done this yet). Hopefully I'll be posting some soon.

Chip in SC
Chip, I haven't done this as to not ruin the perfectly good picture of my '07.

Imagine Billy Joel behind the wheel and that's would be the picture of me me behind the wheel.....Only difference is that my driving record is much better.
Old 6/28/06, 04:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Bob,

Is it home??
Old 6/28/06, 04:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey Steve, it's here and I'm lovin' it. Everyone that saw it at work today thought it looked great too. Too bad it had to rain today.

On the question of why I did my own PDI, I'm just a nut. I'd have to do it over myself anyway so I figured why let anyone unwrap it other than me?

Originally Posted by Boltzman
Bob,nice ride. Wow I'm jealous about the stitching.Next time I gotta be more patient. Those tips are dissapointing.You might be able to get better aftermarket ones somewhere. My FRPP are 4" rolled slash cut. I luv em.
anyways take care of that baby.Especially the cloth.
Could you please tell me how you post such nice big clear pics and be able to get them to attach??I gotta use Bongo now and its a pain in the ***.Ever since the format change
On the pics, all I do is take hi-res 3meg pics with my camera, then use Microsoft Office Picture Manager utility to save them in "big web" format (about 100K each, that way I can attach more).

And for flash, if you like my sandals, you should see my sun glasses! My wife tells me I'm seriously behind the fashion wave but, hey, at least I know how to pick out cars. And she should talk, the last car she wanted was a Sunset Copper Nissan Murano. I nixed that one real quick!

If I missed anyone's pic requests, let me know and I'll post.

Quick Reply: Premier Trim Pic from my '07 Vert!!!!!