2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Positive attention from the police

Search this Thread

Old 6/15/05, 01:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Today I was going back to my car from picking somethign up and I see a police car behind it and the officer looking at the car. She asked if it was mine and then told me how she has yet to see one and that it looks hot. Asked how I liked it, ect and that she was a car lover. Thought it was kinda cool.
Old 6/15/05, 01:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

they do get the attention. I live in a small town, so we only have a handful of cops... they all look as I pass!

This morning my boss had to bring his wifes car into the shop, and he called to have me pick him up at the GM dealer. I drove up to get him (car was shining b/c I just washed it last night) and about 4 mechanics came out and while we were driving off.

My boss says, "Wow, did you see them all looking at your car?!?!" I said, "yea, happens all the time... "

Old 6/15/05, 02:35 PM
Bullitt Member

2 months ago...My receptionist calls and tells me there are 2 girls walking around my car in the parking lot. I go outside and 1 is on her cellphone and the other is using her cell phone snapping pics. They were home from college and they hadn't seen many...and OoooOOOo...can we get a ride? (NOTE: If I was less married and younger I would probably have a non-family ending to the story)...Anyway...they had their dad on the phone (Hmm...twins! My arrousal meter went up another notch)...and he promised to take them to a dealership so they could look at the other colors....

mmm....makes me sound a little old now that I tell that story...

Jay
Old 6/15/05, 02:42 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by Lime05owner@June 15, 2005, 1:38 PM

2 months ago...My receptionist calls and tells me there are 2 girls walking around my car in the parking lot. I go outside and 1 is on her cellphone and the other is using her cell phone snapping pics. They were home from college and they hadn't seen many...and OoooOOOo...can we get a ride? (NOTE: If I was less married and younger I would probably have a non-family ending to the story)...Anyway...they had their dad on the phone (Hmm...twins! My arrousal meter went up another notch)...and he promised to take them to a dealership so they could look at the other colors....

mmm....makes me sound a little old now that I tell that story...

Jay
A couple months ago I was driving past a nightclub around 1am, when I saw a crowd of people standing in front. For whatever odd reason, I decided to rev my engine (ok, I was showing off, sue me), and almost sumltaneously, 6 or 8 cops turned their head around and stared at me. Ha ha. They just kinda smiled and I continued on my way. Anyhow, I've had several cops ask me about my car. I often walk out to see a group of people hovering around it.

~Rob
Old 6/15/05, 07:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

I live in a small farm town.
We happen to have a State police post in town.
I see the state boys all the time. I get the thumbs up from them often.

My daughters boyfriend is an officer and all his buddies tell him how hot my stang is.

They don't bother me. I haven't given them reason to either.
Old 6/15/05, 07:58 PM
Bullitt Member

yea..im the only freshman with a car....let alone the only kid in school with a 05 mustang..so i get lots of comments, and eveyrone wants a ride home , it also works out since my school mascot is a mustang
Old 6/16/05, 06:15 PM
GT Member

I went to drop my son off to march in the Memorial day parade (he drums) and as I was passing a police directed intersection, the local says "finally someone didn't get the cheap one !, how do you like it ?" I only had 200 miles on it at the time, and said "so far I love it but I only have 200 miles on it" He says "man, what are you doing ? I'd be driving it everywhere" I only picked it up the Friday before !
Old 6/16/05, 09:53 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I tore hiney past a cop the other day who was stopped at a light. IT was under a bridge and I was tac-ed out in first gear, you know that end of the world exhaust sound. I didn't see him because he was behind some other cars. Anyway when I drove past him his window was down and he was looking right at me. I watched behind me and saw him make a u-turn when the light turned green and hauled hiney to catch up with me. He pulled right up beside and behind me me at another light (no cars were in front of him) as if he was running my plates, posturing like he was going to pull me over when the light turned green. I pretended to not see him and commenced freaking out. He ended up just making a u-turn knowing he had nothing on me. I got lucky that time, he only coulda harassed me for it anyway.

Second story:

I was at a large public event at the local Budweiser factory and there were cops literally everywhere. I pull into the parking lot and there's a bunch of cops sitting there. I had my window down and radio off. This one cop sitting on a motorcycle is staring at the car and I see him look at my front plate and say in his best Beavis and Butthead impersonation "heh heh heh EATDUST..... I love those cars"

Last edited by dustindu4; 8/5/12 at 09:04 PM.
Old 6/16/05, 10:44 PM
Bullitt Member

I live in a Small town and cars like Mustangs get alot of Attention. My friend's dad has an 04 Mach 1 and her mom has an 04 GT vert (black, bulitt rims. very hot). Those cars get alot of attention. Now my friend is a girl, and when we cruise around in them we never have any trouble, even with the mach. But when I drive it (I'm a boy) we get lots of bad attention. I've gotten pulled over a couple times driving. "I've seen you drive past here 3 times tonight boy" that sort of crap. Its funny, because I never have done anything really wrong. The cops just think "Teenage boy, driving hot sports car. must be trouble."

Also being in a small farmer town, people are cheap. We have 2 2005 Mustang GT's on are lot. one Black( rim upgrade, no IUP, Shaker 500) and one Yellow (Stock GT Rims, IUP, Shaker 1000, Standard). Both very hot cars, but when you talk to people about them there like "sure they are nice, but the must be expensive."

Do you think they appear expensive?

I do, they are a hot car
Old 6/16/05, 10:52 PM

Originally posted by BaSsFreAk89@June 15, 2005, 5:01 PM
yea..im the only freshman with a car....let alone the only kid in school with a 05 mustang..so i get lots of comments, and eveyrone wants a ride home , it also works out since my school mascot is a mustang
Hope to heck thats a freshman in college, cuz if its high school... jeez man...
Old 6/17/05, 08:10 AM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by eyelleye@June 17, 2005, 12:55 AM
Hope to heck thats a freshman in college, cuz if its high school... jeez man...
yeah he must have stayed back 1 or 2 times