Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pony hurt by idiot driver.

Search this Thread

Old 12/1/08, 11:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pony hurt by idiot driver.

I was in the parking lot right behind a POS 1975 chevy nova. He was waiting for a parking spot and he back up to make room for the car backing out. While he was reversing, going about 10 MPH. He didn't even look back and ram into the front of my car. The paint is chipped on the bumper and hood. There is a big gap now between the hood and fender.

At first it freak me out because the issurance card he showed me was expired. I was afraid he didn't have insurance. He had some crap insurance called camarillo insurance. There was no phone number to called. He agreed that he would call me back after he got home to give me the phone number for the insurance company, but he never did. Luckily I wrote the address down for the insurance agent where he bought the insurance from and drove there to get the phone number.

Now I have a question that needs to be answered. Is there anything else on the car I should check for damage? He ram into my car pretty hard and im afraid there could be damage else where.
Old 12/1/08, 11:58 PM
Bullitt Member

That sucks big time. Take it to a reputable body shop to have it thoroughly inspected. I hope you filed a police report as well.
Old 12/2/08, 12:06 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by buffguy
I was in the parking lot right behind a POS 1975 chevy nova. He was waiting for a parking spot and he back up to make room for the car backing out. While he was reversing, going about 10 MPH. He didn't even look back and ram into the front of my car. The paint is chipped on the bumper and hood. There is a big gap now between the hood and fender.

At first it freak me out because the issurance card he showed me was expired. I was afraid he didn't have insurance. He had some crap insurance called camarillo insurance. There was no phone number to called. He agreed that he would call me back after he got home to give me the phone number for the insurance company, but he never did. Luckily I wrote the address down for the insurance agent where he bought the insurance from and drove there to get the phone number.

Now I have a question that needs to be answered. Is there anything else on the car I should check for damage? He ram into my car pretty hard and im afraid there could be damage else where.
Dang, sorry Rich. Take it to a couple of body shops you trust and get some estimates. They should be able to give you any info you need and you might need them for a law suit later if it comes to that, hopefully not. D@mn b@st@rd scumbag!
Old 12/2/08, 12:09 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
sucks man, just have some pro's look at it, hopefully the bumper did it's job absorbing that low speed impact.
Old 12/2/08, 07:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about this bud. I gotta ask though? Why did you let him go, and agree to him calling you back? Thats crazy! When I got rear-ended, the 1st thing I did, was get my camera phone out and take pics of the other car's license plate! Then I called 911, for a police report. I hope you got the plate number as well as the address off the card. And, if you didn't file a report and call police that minute, and this guy is an a-hole, its gonna be hard to prove he hit you, as its his word vs yours. I know he backed into you, but he can say, you rear ended him. Call that insurance company THIS SECOND and get things rolling!!! Good luck.
Old 12/2/08, 12:42 PM

Man that sucks! I have been there, the only difference was mine wasn't in my possession at the time it was at Rod Baker Ford for Warranty work. A semi-truck full of cars backed into it while it was in their lot. The only thing I got from them was a "sorry". This was the result...
Attached Thumbnails Pony hurt by idiot driver.-picture-008.jpg   Pony hurt by idiot driver.-picture-007.jpg  
Old 12/2/08, 12:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Sorry to hear that from both you guys. It is hard to keep these cars nice with all the careless drivers on the roads these days.
Old 12/2/08, 12:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I guess that can't be Buffed out huh ! sorry what a dork to do that we really have to be so aware of where we park and beside what , my son tought me dad you have to park on a hill so that the shopping carts don't roll into your car ! good point.
Old 12/2/08, 01:07 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
I'm sorry to hear about this bud. I gotta ask though? Why did you let him go, and agree to him calling you back? Thats crazy! When I got rear-ended, the 1st thing I did, was get my camera phone out and take pics of the other car's license plate! Then I called 911, for a police report. I hope you got the plate number as well as the address off the card. And, if you didn't file a report and call police that minute, and this guy is an a-hole, its gonna be hard to prove he hit you, as its his word vs yours. I know he backed into you, but he can say, you rear ended him. Call that insurance company THIS SECOND and get things rolling!!! Good luck.
Thats right! no one leaves the scene till the Police arrive ! This happened to me this morning. A guy turned in front of me, swerved to avoid wrecking with him ...and hit the pole....
Attached Images    
Old 12/2/08, 01:17 PM

I hate to see a good car get a bump or bruise....

We all know that they can be made to look new again, but what if the insurance company reports it? If that
should show up on Carfax, will the dealer or buyer give you full value? Check out this link and make sure you collect for "diminished Value." http://www.dvassess.com/

It's not your fault, so why should you pay down the road? Good luck, and Happy Holidays!
Old 12/2/08, 01:19 PM
GT Member

This thread is horribly depressing.
Old 12/2/08, 03:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by machman
I hate to see a good car get a bump or bruise....

We all know that they can be made to look new again, but what if the insurance company reports it? If that
should show up on Carfax, will the dealer or buyer give you full value? Check out this link and make sure you collect for "diminished Value." http://www.dvassess.com/

It's not your fault, so why should you pay down the road? Good luck, and Happy Holidays!

Good point machman, I should look into that.
Old 12/2/08, 03:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Dang, sorry Rich. Take it to a couple of body shops you trust and get some estimates. They should be able to give you any info you need and you might need them for a law suit later if it comes to that, hopefully not. D@mn b@st@rd scumbag!
Thanks for the kind words Ray
Old 12/2/08, 03:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
I wrote down his insurance address, policy number, car vin, license, name, home address. Only reason I was concern because the insurance paper he had expired and there was no phone number to call them. I manage to call his insurance and they said they would call me back in 24 hrs.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Should I bring the car to the dealers or do you guys have any shops to recommend. Anaheim CA.
Old 12/2/08, 03:37 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Bummer guys!!!
Old 12/2/08, 10:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by buffguy
I wrote down his insurance address, policy number, car vin, license, name, home address. Only reason I was concern because the insurance paper he had expired and there was no phone number to call them. I manage to call his insurance and they said they would call me back in 24 hrs.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Should I bring the car to the dealers or do you guys have any shops to recommend. Anaheim CA.
Hey Richard, glad to hear you got ALL this joker's info! Like the one guy said, make sure you get diminished value. Its their insured's fault, so why should you suffer. Good luck and let us know what the insurance company has to say?
Old 12/3/08, 01:01 AM

I would get 2-3 estimates from a Dealer, then I would negotiate with either them
or an independent for a better deal for you!

The factory exhaust looks damaged....hmmmm, I think I hear sport tuned tones
coming out??!!

Were those sequential tail lights...it's hard to tell...
Old 12/3/08, 01:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

You have 24 hours to file a police report. I suggest you file a report. You technically are not supposed to move from the spot if the accident incurs more than $500 damage to either vehicle.

You need to make sure you note that the other drive did not have valid proof of insurance at the time of the incident. If you have to go to court for issues down the road, proof of negligence on his part will only help your case.
Old 12/3/08, 01:49 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
In CA (especially in Los Angeles or Orange County) the cops can't be bothered to come out and see a "minor fender bender". They flat out don't care and if you call it in they will tell you to just exchange information.

I think, short of not using the camera phone, buffguy did all that he could. Camera phone and witness name/phone are essential these days in CA.

Buffguy, try taking your pony to Grady Garrison's in Corona. He fixed two of my hurt ponies... twice. Excellent work at good pricing. He even mounted my chin spoiler and GT500 spoiler at no charge. (painted it too...)
Old 12/3/08, 02:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 114 Likes on 84 Posts
Around here, the collision has to happen on public roadways or the police will not file a report. In a parking garage or private parking lot? Oh well! Too bad!

Quick Reply: Pony hurt by idiot driver.