2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Pony Drive II - San Diego Pics

Search this Thread

Old 4/28/04, 07:09 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well the Pony Drive II just came into town. There are some really nice cars and cool people cruising through. I have to appologize a bit because all I had for pictures was my phone, but better than not.

There was News Coverage, press, etc.

Also, I want to say that the Ford Rep. watching over the 2005 Mustang was REALLY cool. He was a Ford engineer from Dearborn that said he had a few day with the car on the cruise. Not only was he cool about letting us get near the car, but he also let us sit inside, open the hood, move around the seats/tilt-wheel/etc. and also put in the key and revvvved it up for me.

The car sat firmly to the ground. It looked good. I never realized how far recessed the instruments were in the circular pods before...very cool. I'm not big on red's, but it was no doubt sharp. The engine sounded in good harmony. Deep and Earthy. Not loud, but definetely a deep rumble. Add your flowmasters and I guarantee it will absolutely ROARR. Also, the cockpit definetely had more space than my 2000, but it felt good for the car and still wrapped nicely. Larger people will fit better in this car from the last for sure.

There were lot's of awesome cars, new and old evenly. Some wicked Cobras as well.

Speaking of Cobra's...I didn't pester the cool engineer too much but did ask my share of questions. "Can you give me any specific's on the upcoming cobra". "Sorry, I can't give any specifics yet."

"Do you know if the upcoming Cobra is in testing? I saw some pictures of a supposed silver cowled one that I'm pretty sure are a photoshop job, but can you tell me anything about that?"

"What I know is that the upcoming Cobra tests are taking place in at least 2 99+ body styles. As far as I know, there are no Cobra's yet being tested in the new style."

Old 4/28/04, 07:21 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Is that the production red? I see the shift **** is. That red does look a bit brighter like it was said to be.
Old 4/28/04, 07:26 PM
GT Member

Don't take colors too seriously from my phone, it's no 500 gigapixel or anything.
Old 4/28/04, 07:34 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I see they put in the new **** on it. When I saw the redfire GT In the LA autoshow it still had the chromed one. Thats pretty good quality from a phone. I didnt know they took pics that decent.
Old 4/28/04, 07:50 PM
GT Member

Ya I liked the ****. It was a tight leather wrap around a chrome top. One think I forgot to do (doh!) was to shift it. Phone is a Treo600 btw.
Old 4/28/04, 08:03 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

You ACTUALLY sat inside!!!!!!!!! lol. :drive:
Old 4/28/04, 08:11 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool.You :headbang: :rock: :headbang: dude.
What is the blue color on that 99-04 body style mach?
Old 4/28/04, 08:24 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Mach blue = Azure Blue (only available on the Mach1s)
Old 4/28/04, 08:44 PM
I'm people, and I like.

wow,
very nice pics
thumbs up
Old 4/28/04, 08:45 PM
I'm people, and I like.

i like the license plate on the mustang II cobra
4gotten2
LOL
Old 4/28/04, 08:46 PM
GT Member

Ya that Mach was really nice. There was a good showing of late Cobras that I wish I got photos of...kind of got distracted ( ) by the 2005, but I love the late Cobras. Some sweet Foxes too.

You ACTUALLY sat inside!!!!!!!!! lol.
B) My lucky day. I missed it in LA but am glad I got to check it out so personally. Sitting in it, the biggest thing I noticed feeling wise was more room at the knees. The roof liner was a different material than mine to...the pattern kind of resembled a monk's cloth (like Neo's coat). The overhead lights were round in a forward-center console near the front windshield. Parking brake was big, but I don't really care. The center console was lower and seemed a bit wider and flatter. The car had a Shaker 500 which looked nice. The tilt had a better range than the current car I think. I liked the rear-quarter windows much better in person. It looked like they did a mild repair on the part of the lower facia that got damaged, but you could still see it if you were looking for it.

17's also looked a lot better in person than I thought in pictures (although I'd still want larger if offered). The underside of the car looked clean, and had some heat shielding towards the back.

The rear seats look like a nice couch or something...they are deep and slightly tilted back. I didn't sit in them, but they looked way more comfortable than the seats from my car, and maybe even more comfortable than the front seats really.

Front seats were pretty firm and were nice. Side support hasn't changed much. There was a bit more texture to the panels or the car than I like, but it all looked good none-the-less.
Old 4/28/04, 09:21 PM
V6 Member

If the interior is closer to production, maybe the fact that the cam cover is on the engine is a good sign??!! Man, I hope so!
Old 4/28/04, 09:36 PM
I Have No Life

Someone mentioned that the stearing wheel is smaller than the current stang. What'd ya think?

If it is..I think thats cool. the current stang coulda used a slightly smaller stearing wheel
Old 4/28/04, 09:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Boomer@Apr. 28th, 2004, 9:39 PM
Someone mentioned that the stearing wheel is smaller than the current stang. What'd ya think?

If it is..I think thats cool. the current stang coulda used a slightly smaller stearing wheel
Boomer, I was there too and while I don't own a current stang, so I don't immediately recognize if the wheel is a different size, I did find the space between the seat and the wheel was larger. I can barely get my right leg under the wheel on the current model. The '05 I could slide into without any gymnastics and I didn't feel uncomfortable either getting in or once I was put.

The photos you guys already have on the redfire with the red interior are darker (at least on my monitor). The interior was brighter in person than I expected. The redfire paint was beautiful. BTW: They've dinged it pretty bad. Theres a three inch crack in the front bumper fiberglass.

The thing I want to mention is the sound of the GT engine. It wasn't particularly deep or loud, but it has all the presonality you'd expect/want. PREDITORY.

For those in SD the cars will be out tomorrow morning too. They are in Balboa park in front of the aerospace museum. It was very laid back and casual. Check it out if you can.

The 05 is everything you've been hoping it would be. I only wish I'd gotten Shock to take a pic of me in the car! :bang:

It was fun, but my five year old wasn't as interested as I hoped he'd be. Looking at the cars was done between "play" breaks!
Old 4/28/04, 10:05 PM
GT Member

lol, you know when I was leaving, I was thinking the same thing. You know what though, it was also on 10 news today, and I at least saw part of you in a rear and I saw your son. I missed a few parts you you may have actually been on it. It should be on the replay tonight.

About the wheel, yes I think it is smaller. I didn't measure, but it looked and felt smaller. I liked it a lot
Old 4/29/04, 03:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Good pictures for being from a phone! Some of those could pass as being taken from a real digicam.
Old 4/29/04, 05:48 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
It's interesting to see how many people are on the caravan in San Diego that were with it here in Birmingham.
Old 4/29/04, 06:37 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Originally posted by ((ShocK))@Apr. 28th, 2004, 8:12 PM
Not only was he cool about letting us get near the car, but he also let us sit inside, open the hood, move around the seats/tilt-wheel/etc. and also put in the key and revvvved it up for me.
Looks at Dan...

Looks at Boomer...

if we can sit in this car, I am definitely going to the stop in oakville..
Old 4/29/04, 09:22 AM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by Galaxieboy+Apr. 29th, 2004, 12:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Galaxieboy @ Apr. 29th, 2004, 12:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-((ShocK))@Apr. 28th, 2004, 8:12 PM
Not only was he cool about letting us get near the car, but he also let us sit inside, open the hood, move around the seats/tilt-wheel/etc. and also put in the key and revvvved it up for me.
Looks at Dan...

Looks at Boomer...

if we can sit in this car, I am definitely going to the stop in oakville.. [/b][/quote]
Steve, I'm going for SURE!! No if ands or buts. :headbang:
Old 4/29/04, 10:10 AM
I Have No Life

WHY oh WHY does it have to be on the 2-4 weekend...
I was going to go to the cottage...
Guess I can't now

Quick Reply: Pony Drive II - San Diego Pics