2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ponies may be on the way!

Search this Thread

Old 9/23/04, 05:15 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just trying to get the word out!!! We (AAI) may have (according to my source) started shipping Mustangs today. And this was info from a member of the launch team who worked all weekend to get the cars ready to go today!!! All i can say is WOOHOOO!!!!
Old 9/23/04, 05:19 AM
GT Member

Great news John! My pony has been grazing for quite a while now. She needs to get out and run. Once again, thanks for the info.
Old 9/23/04, 05:23 AM

Alright!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to go out and test drive one of those bad boys. Thanks 2MustangJohn for all of your hard work!
Old 9/23/04, 05:23 AM
Queen Of Nascar

WooooooHoooooo
Old 9/23/04, 05:27 AM
GT Member

Now the anticipation is building.
Old 9/23/04, 05:30 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Nice,
Today's my anniversary. I told my husband all I wanted was a pony. Let's see if we can pull it off. (I know I am supposed to wait, but I want one NOW). A birthday pony is not as nice I think.

So if they ship today, when do I see them on the lots?I am ready to at least PLAY with them.
Old 9/23/04, 05:34 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@September 23, 2004, 5:33 AM

So if they ship today, when do I see them on the lots?I am ready to at least PLAY with them.
Sorry, I sure wish I knew,'cause I'd be at the closest one too!!!! I've done everything except just hop in one to try and get a drive. ought to pull a memphis raines but i gotta feed the kids too
Old 9/23/04, 05:37 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by 2MustangJohn+September 23, 2004, 11:37 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (2MustangJohn @ September 23, 2004, 11:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-EleanorsMine@September 23, 2004, 5:33 AM

Sorry, I sure wish I knew,'cause I'd be at the closest one too!!!! I've done everything except just hop in one to try and get a drive. ought to pull a memphis raines but i gotta feed the kids too [/b][/quote]
Hey John, a Father's love is a Father's love.
Old 9/23/04, 05:39 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by 2MustangJohn+September 23, 2004, 6:37 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (2MustangJohn @ September 23, 2004, 6:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-EleanorsMine@September 23, 2004, 5:33 AM

Sorry, I sure wish I knew,'cause I'd be at the closest one too!!!! I've done everything except just hop in one to try and get a drive. ought to pull a memphis raines but i gotta feed the kids too [/b][/quote]
Oh Nice.........Tell me I wouldn't love to do the same thing. I dislike driving lately- what's the fun in a GM? I had NO idea they would be around next week sometime. Its bad enough to drool over the current ones on the road.I may get distracted rear end someone if I see a real one on the road!

Gotta, MUST, Gotta! I have already been promised weekly Mr. Clean washes if I get her in black, which I will do. This is going to be the death of me.
Old 9/23/04, 05:43 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by EleanorsMine@September 23, 2004, 7:33 AM
Nice,
Today's my anniversary. I told my husband all I wanted was a pony. Let's see if we can pull it off. (I know I am supposed to wait, but I want one NOW). A birthday pony is not as nice I think.

Happy Anniversary to April and Husband!!

(Good luck convincing him about the early arrival of the Mustang!)
Old 9/23/04, 05:46 AM
Queen Of Nascar

This is going to be the death of me.
You & me both....I can't sleep, I can't eat...I am so excited. I can't wait to call my salesman this morning!! All along I have said I wanted this car by my birthday on Oct 7. Maybe it will be sooner!!
btw, Happy Anniversary
Old 9/23/04, 05:54 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

The only thing preventing me from staking out the dealer TODAY is the close one is one of those snake car lots, where they pour out like ants when you drive up and call you 3 times a day(I was in a hurry, I forgot to give the salesman Dominos # and gave him my real one).

I have a fair to go to tomorrow, and an air/ car show Saturday, so I am at least kind of amused. BUT I don't WANT an alero, I want a MUSTANG! I want to shift gears and feel cool instead of like a carpool parent, I want to drive a million miles, and I want it in time to go to Orlando in November! I havent DARED open my mouth on him, he wants a new f150, and since he is the one driving the 86 bronco.....

OOH If I didn't have to feed the kids I would call in a years advance on my pay and go get it now,yesterday, this minute!

Soooooooooo On the bright side, they gotta ship these things- that means we get to see em on their way.
Old 9/23/04, 06:11 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome news John...

I will be scamming testdrives at every dealership I can

I know Dan will as well
Old 9/23/04, 06:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks John. It is exciting to hear new things.

Anybody get the impression that Eleanorsmine is excited??
Old 9/23/04, 06:45 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

EXCITED?

Right this second, I am mapping out a route to every ford dealer(except a certain one that me off) around here, and planning to go to every ONE of them and drive one until I finally get her home.
I know how to play woman when it suits me too. There's one around here, the snakey one, that gives you a super test drive- 5 miles of interstate, PLUS highway and county road. Plenty of smoking of tires to do!
Old 9/23/04, 06:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's great news John. I will have to stop at the dealer tonight and see if he has a ship/arrival date. It seems that SOME of the dealers are behind on information. Do the dealers have the arrival dates by now? Dealer says that about 5 people pre-ordered and mine should be the first to arrive-based on the build date. Not sure what to believe? Will all 5 come at the same time? Etc...
DANG......Now I am getting excited.
Old 9/23/04, 06:59 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All this great news and I STILL don't have a VIN # :bang:
Old 9/23/04, 07:04 AM
V6 Member

If Ford has started delivery, wouldn't some of us with built orders be showing a delivery date? My car was one of the first in the queue; it is built and just sitting in a lot somewhere at AAI, but has not been scheduled for delivery. Anyone else been scheduled?
Old 9/23/04, 07:04 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
If you could a mineral gray GT out of the line, I am sure no one will miss it - hahaha!

Thanks for the info, and congrats on the launch!
Old 9/23/04, 08:22 AM
Team Mustang Source

Check the status of your order later on today 9/23. I believe today is the day the dealers get the weekly updates.

Quick Reply: Ponies may be on the way!